Jungle Mobs

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Jungle Mobs

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #271738

Bottom post of the previous page:

Pissed off pygmies.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #271740

with a boss pygmy that's two pygmies stacked up
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #271745

Raptors.
Pissed off Pygmies riding raptors.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #271772

MrEousTranger wrote:Just curious we do have non aggressive passive mobs that flee when threatened right?

Right?
FOCUS important question
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #272071

TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #272082

MrEousTranger wrote:
MrEousTranger wrote:Just curious we do have non aggressive passive mobs that flee when threatened right?

Right?
FOCUS important question
Goldgrubs run away from you when attacked
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #272140

Remie Richards wrote:
J_Madison wrote:Here's an old sprite from a discussion older than dismemberment;
Spoiler:
you might find a use and a mob for this.
I drew this.

It eventually became this:
Spoiler:
reminds me of this sprite i got bored while making

the shading is really borked now that i look at it but eh
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #272142

's better than what I can do, very Isaac-esque.
私は完璧
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #273150

If yall want some scary mobs that drag people back to their hive/nest then you could take this chance to redo Giant Spiders. Let them spam more webs, slowly turn invisible when inside webs, paralyzing toxin that stops movement but lets the player scream. Would be fun.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #273151

Alex Crimson wrote:If yall want some scary mobs that drag people back to their hive/nest then you could take this chance to redo Giant Spiders. Let them spam more webs, slowly turn invisible when inside webs, paralyzing toxin that stops movement but lets the player scream. Would be fun.
could find a way to work this onto the current station, maybe

just have them pick a spot for a nest that is secluded and they just snag people? I dunno, could work for testing before trying to put it on a planet
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #273152

Giant mushrooms that punch you into critical with golem strength punches. (> Mushroom man/plump helmet race?)
Alex Crimson wrote:
Qbopper wrote:could find a way to work this onto the current station, maybe

just have them pick a spot for a nest that is secluded and they just snag people? I dunno, could work for testing before trying to put it on a planet
If yall want some scary mobs that drag people back to their hive/nest then you could take this chance to redo Giant Spiders. Let them spam more webs, slowly turn invisible when inside webs, paralyzing toxin that stops movement but lets the player scream. Would be fun.
I mean, spiders are kind of difficult to really balance at the moment (5 spiderlings per egg reee) but i have some helpful suggestions to put those unique spider castes to good use with ranching.
Kor wrote:Realistically we are not going to code a complex AI ecosystem, but I think "hunting" could be managed by dropping a carnivores aggro range to 1 tile when it has recently fed, and increasing it as it gets hungrier.

Throw monkey corpses to distract the giant spider.
Throw your greyshirt assistant to please the queen spider, like that meat grinder mob guarding the wish granter in that demonic temple ruin. Heh. But yeah sounds neat, but every single prey animal will also need to breed adequately and in a way that keeps it all in check.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #277383

WELP. I am not going to sleep for a REALLY long time after seeing THAT.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #277402

[youtube]ne0WQjreV_Y[/youtube]

Space and or giant river lampreys that use slime code to latch on and rapidly drain you of blood?

Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277433

lampreys are fucking terrifying so I don't want them on planetstation for fear of shitting my pants
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #277510

don't people eat lampreys
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #277529

imblyings wrote:don't people eat lampreys
We do in england, its news to me as a non-Gloucestershire folk but the queen quite enjoys a nibble of lamprey pie, the same is reciprocated in our love of jellied eels (which are nice but the opposite of moorish as the fish & jelly gets a bit too much to bear after a bit)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... uries.html

You cook a lamprey in its own blood, which is reminiscent in black pudding (which is VERY nice)

Spoiler:
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #278196

ThanatosRa wrote:Raptors.
Pissed off Pygmies riding raptors.

Even better PYGMY RAPTORS
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278232

Jungle pygmies with pygmy raptor mount ghostroles when?

BRING BACK GOOF-FARM (if not just RAPTOR EGGS.)
Ahh my recurrant but not directly explicit fear of spiders manifest.
[youtube]MmgImQ20fMc[/youtube]

Spoiler:
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #279287

1) Take advantage of the attack indicators you added for Megafauna, effectively something similar to Goliath tendrils where there's a more complex attack pattern and you have to adapt.

2) A ranged attack that spirals outward from the mob, ignoring terrain - but it is also visible over terrain... thus people have to watch for the spin as it approaches and move accordingly

3) A burly melee mob that moves slowly but constantly tries to wall you in with some some sort of temporary obstruction

4) Mob with a "shield" that blocks all attacks from one side but occasionally stops to fire a charged range attack, so easy alone but extremely formidable with other hostiles in the vicinity

5) A ranged mob that has two halves that try to keep their distance from one another, if you don't kill the 2nd half within X seconds of killing the 1st - it regenerates the 2nd half. The surviving half will flee when one half is destroyed (but not full speed because thats just irritating).

6) More bullet hell type mobs like the colossus except make the attack patterns a little more interesting than just a fan of projectiles spreading outward.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #279352

MrEousTranger wrote:

Right?
FOCUS important question
Pay attention this is important

We need this, an ecosystem can't be just hyper deadly predators it needs to have a deer like species that can be killed and used as food to sustain assisstant settlements out in the jungle.

They would run from any danger and never fight in any situation.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #279376

Like goldgrubs?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #279388

D&B wrote:Like goldgrubs?
my fuckin MAN

maybe we should draw up a shitty low effort sketch of a possible ecosystem so that it makes sense for all the animals to exist, yeah
Cherrypone
Byond Username: Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #279399

fuck an actual ecosystem sounds cool but i know im the only one who's a nerd for that shit and it's also completely unnecessary reee
On-topic with the thread, maybe some sort of ants/other hive insects (or just bees but with a more natural nest and reskinned to be more dangerous looking or some shit, i don't fucking know)
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #279451

our mobs are far too dumb to successfully wipe out all of their prey.
except swarmers.
swarmers eat all the things and they do it well.
(I still need to add loot for them so they can start spawning again)
私は完璧
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #279454

Oldman Robustin wrote:1) Take advantage of the attack indicators you added for Megafauna, effectively something similar to Goliath tendrils where there's a more complex attack pattern and you have to adapt.

2) A ranged attack that spirals outward from the mob, ignoring terrain - but it is also visible over terrain... thus people have to watch for the spin as it approaches and move accordingly

3) A burly melee mob that moves slowly but constantly tries to wall you in with some some sort of temporary obstruction

4) Mob with a "shield" that blocks all attacks from one side but occasionally stops to fire a charged range attack, so easy alone but extremely formidable with other hostiles in the vicinity

5) A ranged mob that has two halves that try to keep their distance from one another, if you don't kill the 2nd half within X seconds of killing the 1st - it regenerates the 2nd half. The surviving half will flee when one half is destroyed (but not full speed because thats just irritating).

6) More bullet hell type mobs like the colossus except make the attack patterns a little more interesting than just a fan of projectiles spreading outward.
These sound both fun to fight and workable to code thank you
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #279486

I was thinking "the ecosystem should make sense on paper but probably don't owrry about it working accurately in game"

also
Cherrypone wrote:fuck an actual ecosystem sounds cool but i know im the only one who's a nerd for that shit and it's also completely unnecessary reee
>you're on the forums for ss13
>you're the "only one" who would be a nerd for unnecessary cool shit like a fake ecosystem

pick one
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #279509

I was reflecting on this and have one more critical thought about the jungle hostiles:

There needs to be a higher level of unavoidable damage. Watchers are the great equalizers of Lavaland. No matter how hot you think your shit is, watchers will straight fuck you up if you get too greedy. You can't reliably juke the projectile, the slow doesn't do much on its own but makes you far more vulnerable to other mobs. Outside of megafauna it feels like watchers are the only thing that can kill experienced miners.

That's not to say the mobs have to be super lethal, but they simply need to offer enough damage to be a deterrent. One of my chief concerns about this concept is that you'll have Tim Ebows who will run into the jungle at roundstart and come back 20 minutes later having effortlessly carved through a swath of corruption with no support due to perfect memorization of attack patterns, enemy weaknesses, optimal positioning, ideal gear loadouts, and able to charge into just about any situation without risk of death.

A higher degree of unavoidable damage would also give medical a badly needed purpose. The map could be sparse on medical supplies but if the damage comes in high, consistent levels then medical plays a more crucial role, i.e. like blob mode, where having medical personnel to immediately patch you up and provide more potent healing chems can get you back into the fight within seconds as opposed to minutes.

There should also be mechanics for even moderately powerful mobs that make solo'ing a nearly futile effort. Something like armor that regenerates within 2 seconds that blocks a single attack - a nightmare for a solo player but far easier for multiple crew to deal with.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #279521

You are never going to make players co-operate in this manner Robustin, its too much mental gymnastics for your average spacemen or to handle when a big ol monster bursts into a lowpop base and the people fight them 1v1 and end up simultaneously losing. Its why gear-checks are so important and why we don't co-operatively kill megafauna on lavaland, if the megafauna eats the straggling under performers & regains health its better for you to fight them alone.

Instead of everything having special powers, where do we stand on just normal simple animals?
> In case of ecosystem, i think apex predators (honestly most of those ideas about, lets leave hocus pocus demonic stuff & ability heavy creatures to the necopolis please unless it makes sense and we have a bullethell porcupine that shoots out very low damage but embeddable spines) should not respawn at all while all the smaller & lower fauna that are easier to tackle too

> For example if you kill something with a ecological niche of a T-rex with perhaps ability powers, it will just mean there are more herbivores & therefore more small predators because the T-rex was keeping numbers in check (or depopulating the area of all other life except other large predators)

> Performance based evolution and growth? If small carnivores eat X amount of herbivores in its lifetime it grows into the niche of the T-rex and then turns on its prior kind.

> Borrow swarmer mechanics, after every X amount of meat eaten off a corpse you can lay a egg meaning that carnivores & herbivores rove around looking for resources off swarmer code attached to meat/plant matter. Herbivores move towards regrowing fruits & plants on the map, drop eggs/live birth after eating X amount and the carnivores follow them.
I mean this ecology already has a purpose, instead of giant spiders etc. you'd have your own infestation of predators eating the crew nesting in the base because it just highlights itself up to them as a large compound of 'herbivores'

Necropolis encroachment if its all predators would throw the system out of whack.

Spoiler:
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #279613

I was not saying make all the predators murder the fuck out of these deer like animals.

Realisticaly they would have them thats all I'm saying.

Irl sure theres things that would kill you in the forest
Bears, Wolfs, cougars, fuckin cayoties, but its not like they really eat eachother as the main food source right? And clearly people aren't their main food source. So what do they all eat? Stupid rabbits, deer, and fish, also sometimes plants. So you need a shitty fucking species that exists to run and get eaten so yes.
D&B wrote:Like goldgrubs?

Like goldgrubs

And preferably mammal like.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #279614

Jungle walruses

Spoiler:
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #279616

herbivore != weaker mob that only exists to be killed

for example deers can cave your skull in if you're not careful and should be able to cave a predator's skull too

code AI that allows for predators and prey to battle/interact in more special ways than A chases B kills it and then eats it
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #279624

I mean a walrus is pretty blubbery, damage resistant and has great big edged tusks for stabbing you with.

Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #279628

Oldman Robustin wrote:I was reflecting on this and have one more critical thought about the jungle hostiles:

There needs to be a higher level of unavoidable damage. Watchers are the great equalizers of Lavaland. No matter how hot you think your shit is, watchers will straight fuck you up if you get too greedy. You can't reliably juke the projectile, the slow doesn't do much on its own but makes you far more vulnerable to other mobs. Outside of megafauna it feels like watchers are the only thing that can kill experienced miners.

That's not to say the mobs have to be super lethal, but they simply need to offer enough damage to be a deterrent. One of my chief concerns about this concept is that you'll have Tim Ebows who will run into the jungle at roundstart and come back 20 minutes later having effortlessly carved through a swath of corruption with no support due to perfect memorization of attack patterns, enemy weaknesses, optimal positioning, ideal gear loadouts, and able to charge into just about any situation without risk of death.

A higher degree of unavoidable damage would also give medical a badly needed purpose. The map could be sparse on medical supplies but if the damage comes in high, consistent levels then medical plays a more crucial role, i.e. like blob mode, where having medical personnel to immediately patch you up and provide more potent healing chems can get you back into the fight within seconds as opposed to minutes.

There should also be mechanics for even moderately powerful mobs that make solo'ing a nearly futile effort. Something like armor that regenerates within 2 seconds that blocks a single attack - a nightmare for a solo player but far easier for multiple crew to deal with.
Yeah I know people hate stuns but a while back when thinking of new mega fauna I was seriously considering using them to force some level of cooperation.

I know people hate watchers for the very reason you are listing but I feel like it will be easier to justify "unfair" monsters if they are occupying the space replacement (a no go zone) vs something people are forced to deal with as a job.

Having very experienced players do the whole thing alone or in pairs is definitely a risk though.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #279632

Least make the stuns predictable, such as charging up electricity to shock you with (even slimes carry a prompt even though the attack itself is fast)

Spoiler:
Cherrypone
Byond Username: Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #279728

Qbopper wrote:snip
Actually good point
Sorry
This is good, and also please don't make the baseline herbivores just dodo/"simple mob to the point of being braindead" level when it comes to defending itself, it should try to run away and have some contingency plan when cornered imo
But also my opinions are usually shit so
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #279906

Enemies with unavoidable attacks/stuns should be mostly dealt with roundstart by having buddies, but it should also be manageable by having advanced equipment. Otherwise you're going to get lowpop miners or other solo situations where they just can't handle certain monster types.
Defensive anti-beast equipment (Thermal armor vs watchers, for example) would be cool, non-validhunting gear that would give miners the option to go alone and stray further more safely, as a reward for mining well in the early game.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #279910

Kor wrote:Snip
We should go one further and make it so the actual necropolis to be breached is like the gateway a full on project until we can flesh out the necropolis.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #280078

Remember that (somewhat impractical) stand that did extra damage when stabbing you in the back?
A fast, semi weak mob that uses hit and run tactics (and much better damage when it gets you in the back) + attacks in groups would be pretty fun.
Against a group of players they wouldn't be much of a threat, but against a lone dude without a big gun, you could easily get gang banged, especially if you try run away.
They wouldn't want a fair fight - they're faster than you and will zip around and try and stab you in the back, slowly whittling you down.

Some kind of typically passive mob that only attacks if very hungry/self defence UNLESS you're bleeding. If you're bleeding ,it attracts these motherfuckers from a significant distance like a swarm of piranhas to try eat your dumb ass.

Nasty snakes/alien equivalent that is usually hard to see. Some angry ones will bite you with nasty ass venom if you accidentally step on them or angry fucking brown snake equivalents that will hunt you down and murder your ass if you fuck them off.

Also herbivore type mobs can still be dangerous as fuck. Just because shit like a rhino or a boar are happy eating plants doesn't mean they won't kill you dead if you force them to fight. Even a cow can gore or kick someone to death, which would be pretty amusing here.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #293808

Big-Ass-Jungle-Worms

They chase you underground once they detect you, tearing the ground up

Once they get close they pop up, causing a chasm to appear around them, which goes to lavaland. They then shoot acid at you.

To defeat them you need to used ranged weaponry or abscond. Or you can use a hook to ride them.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #296304

I already went over this but it's important to keep in mind to not make the mobs to powerful, otherwise it'll just be obnoxious.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #301413

had some ideas for these like a million years ago that I forgot so heres what I vaguely remember:

1. Some kind of predatory cat creature
- stalks you
- tries to stay at a distance
- tries to stay in low light if possible
- will make one big leaping attack attempt, retreats if failed

2. "ogre"
- scary lookin' fella
- keeps to his own
- has a lair
- don't go near him!
- if he sees you, he'll get angry!
- he's very strong
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #302124

STAY
OUT
OF
MAH
SWAMP
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #307883

CosmicScientist wrote:birbs and sharks
if we're gonna add sea creatures add basking sharks

sure they dont devour humans but still, do it
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #313288

Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #313722

Go full jungle and have spiny catapiller like creatures as your herbivore. only hostile to plant people (walking food?) and skele-men (walking calcium?) otherwise use a retaliate/run system where the smack into you for low damage + poision (just a paralizer , not deadly on its own but if say a leaper gets atracted you might be screwed) or and book it at top speed if you stop moving/attacking. They eat fruiting plants and cuttings left behind by clear-cuting or combat and seed empty clearings with new fast growing trees to re-gen the forest. They are the primary food of near everything so can serve to attract enemy's if you have them in too high a density.

Feral jungle slimes might also be fun.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #313931

A giant centipede which can be cut into multiple segments depending where you attack
The future is horrible!
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #314382

Link for another planetstion mob PR
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29046

So it's up to three hostile mobs I guess if we count Kor's original one. Which was how many hostile mobs there were when monster mining became a thing.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #314598

I'm still pissed that nobody thought to nerf the Leaper before they got in.

What fucking moron would think that adding a watcher firing tasers with a heavy attack that poisons you was a good idea? Sure your buddy can save you, that you're now REQUIRED to have because getting hit once is a death sentence, but that still doesn't make fighting a mob that's constantly fucking tazing you fun or, god forbid, balanced.

Imagine fighting an unstunnable sec officer with a 25 damage baton that poisons you, that's what you added.

I fucking warned you guys not to make mobs that were unbeatable in 1v1, but here we are.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #314610

balanced for planetstation
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #314611

I don't think the balancing has even begun, these PRs seem more to just add the mob and its background code to the game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #314613

danno wrote:balanced for planetstation