Survivors

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Survivors

Post by calzilla1 » #271239

Will there be lone surviors/natives? Like if some pod shot out and there was like 1 or 2 people inside and now theyre like 2 z levels away, surviving on what they can scavenge and find in ruins. That was my favorite thing in CM (well second, my actual favorite is kevetching as CL)
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Survivors

Post by Qbopper » #271589

Do you mean player controlled or NPCs?
Limey wrote:its too late.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #271607

Obviously player controlled, and their chances of survival should be very low.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #271791

Armhulen wrote:Obviously player controlled, and their chances of survival should be very low.
If they were super difficult it would be really neat but how do we have them happen

Spawn roundstart as a role? Randomly selected ala antags? A ghost role?
Limey wrote:its too late.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #271869

My idea
A pod of 1/2 people shoots off from the ship
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #271889

Qbopper wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Obviously player controlled, and their chances of survival should be very low.
If they were super difficult it would be really neat but how do we have them happen

Spawn roundstart as a role? Randomly selected ala antags? A ghost role?
Maybe both? Maybe some tribals, a hermit wizard with one random spell, or syndicates who have been stranded here to die
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #271907

Maybe late join should queue people up and when there are enough spawn in a pod, tribals or whatever somewhere?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #272109

Incomptinence wrote:Maybe late join should queue people up and when there are enough spawn in a pod, tribals or whatever somewhere?
No
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #272113

I'd assume the pod people ruin could and should be moved to space, since they're fine with not leaving the base.

Ash walkers could remain in the necropolis ruin, and we could copy the hermit ghost role and just put it in the jungle z level.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #272192

kevinz000 wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Maybe late join should queue people up and when there are enough spawn in a pod, tribals or whatever somewhere?
No
Not too keen on it myself just trying to think of a way for dudes fall down in a pod to work.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #272458

We need a ruin that has a bunch of mummies in a tomb that must defend their GOD by activating traps