Crossing from the lavaland caves to the surface (& Morlocks)

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Crossing from the lavaland caves to the surface (& Morlocks)

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #273149

"a large bulge emerges in the ground followed by a crack, the light of magma seeps through"

Im not specifically sure how this might be implemented since details are kind of scant on how exactly you get from point A to B but im thinking to myself of ways and reasons for non-station aligned entities to break out of the necropolis & lavaland caves.

In my mind it would be interesting if there was a way to tunnel or otherwise gain forceful entry to the surface, already i can forsee the ground cracking and raiding parties of ashwalker morlocks burst forth hungering for squishy eloi spacemen flesh before legging it into the jungle to gather supplies and rest camp. Amongst other threats such as encroaching tendrils strong enough in the necropolis to break into the surface

- Maybe the ashwalkers can ride the growing ashwalker tendril to the surface as a breaching mechanism & climb up its fleshy roots like a ladder as a reward for co-operation and growing the tribe?)

Also, ashwalkers are technically morlocks if they remain unchanged. Underlizards. Obviously valid.

Spoiler:
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Crossing from the lavaland caves to the surface (& Morlo

Post by bman » #274935

owo
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #275789

build-able ladders that send you to the jungle? topside gets a trapdoor mat

them make dig able spike pits with the same sprite. toss a body in for a body bridge!
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278260

I mean, ladders use down & up and have recently got some fixed changes so we could just steal bay's/CM's mechanics for looking down holes

Lizard Viet-Cong in black jumpsuits with rice hats i guess is too seperate a meme, but specifically creating chasm falling traps (forced downward way ladders) in which landing upon spikes will impale you for like 30 damage requiring you to resist your way off them would be neato.

Spoiler:
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #278302

Fwoosh why would you need a trap at the bottom of a chasm if the bottom will be 50% lava?
Unless you want a "ground" z-layer between surface and lavaland.
Honestly, traps could just be pressure buttons that deal damage.
Last edited by Iatots on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278304

> To kill them harder rather than falling down and spraining their ankle.

> I was under the assumption there might be because maintenance on the station diagram is halfway between the two, it'd probably also be a safer level for miners to dig at.

> Probably but that's boring.

Spoiler: