Planet Station 2: Electric Boogaloo

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Planet Station 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Qustinnus » #429057

Hi,

As you all know noone has done much for Planetstation lately, and one of FTL13's mappers, Aerwhisp, and me, have been interested in working on Planet Station. So we're going to start creating a new map for it so it is atleast playable during normal rounds so we can test multiZ and see what TGs gameplay is like on a planet.

Once we're done with that, we also hope to implement some more unique gameplay to Planet Station and kinda hype up the production of it again! I'll mostly work on small features to ensure the map works (And in the future probably add thigns specifically for the unique gamemodes or whatever)

For now I wanted to set up this thread to show what progress we're making and keep everything transparent so we can get feedback on the map while it is being made. We've currently started the surface area of the map so far and most of it is still just concepting so don't go too crazy just yet.

Also, we're currently planning on creating one underground, one surface and one "sky" z level.

Some of Aerwhisp's FTL13 maps:
Spoiler:
Progress on the surface floor of Planet Station:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Qustinnus on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: Planet Station 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by CitrusGender » #429058

This is great! I'm happy someone else has taken an interest in at least attempting to finish up the mapping for it. I appreciate you making an effort Qustinnus.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #429059

im doing this so i can hold the map hostage unless moods are re-enabled :^)

/S
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #429085

edit: thanks spacemaniac fixed linked https://streamable.com/4yvau

ported FTL's terrain gen for the jungle itself. I wanted to use perlin noise and create a new generator but Byond RNG sucks literal asshole.
Last edited by Qustinnus on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #429167