FastDMM

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

FastDMM

Post by Mothblocks » #627077

This thing makes maps, pretty cool
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: FastDMM

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #627202

fast dmm? please explain.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #627321

it opens DMM fast
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #627326

It's not StrongDMM
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #627527

I used StrongDMM earlier today but it's more like WeakDMM because you can't copy and paste tiles without it immediately overwriting where you paste, leading to space holes in the map if you paste in the wrong place that can't be undone using Ctrl+Z. You have to reload the map, losing any unsaved changes.

The DreamMaker map editor does not have this problem. It sucks for other reasons, e.g. load time, UI, a third thing, but being able to copy and paste things is make or break for me and with DreamMaker's editor you can copy and paste to your heart's content. Only when you deselect what you've pasted does it replace what's on the tiles underneath it. Furthermore, you can immediately undo if you've made a mistake.

It's sad that Rockdtben stopped working on FastDMM back in 2018 because maybe it would've been better?