Derelict Ruin Mission

ToastGoats
Byond Username: ToastGoats

Derelict Ruin Mission

Post by ToastGoats » #656651

Central Command Announcement
"Attention all station crew and staff of Space Station 13, it may have come to your attention that our corporate security fleet has recently cornered the infamous Space Wizard "Lord Wizardus the Wizard" after a month-long chase through the Spinward Sector. However, as we are unwilling to risk our assets in a direct confrontation with the Federation, we have herded their spacebound base into a stable warp point to be dealt with by one of our constituents, and it appears that the nearest stable exit is located near your station."

"Contact will be made in T-Minus 5 minutes. Failure is not an option, good luck Space Station 13."

Essentially, this event would involve a custom space ruin being spawned on the station z-level for the crew to explore and die in loot.

The design of the ruin would be small enough to fit in the same z-level as the station, but will be guarded by strong simplemobs to make up for it's small size, including but not limited to dark wizards, space carp, xenobio creatures and more. The layout itself is based on an impromptu event started by Scriptis during a round in which we and some ghost helpers turned the space radio ruin into a functioning station. Since the map is a callback to that little BYOS event, there will be environmental storytelling as a fun nod to the designs and story behind that event.

With the variety of living and environmental threats on the derelict, the crew will need to work together to survive and take out the wizard and their minions!

(Cropped to avoid spoilers)
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Re: Derelict Ruin Mission

Post by Riggle » #656908

This sounds like an interesting event! If you'd like to try to run it ping me on Discord (I'm sure you'll find me) and I'll create a thread where we can discuss this event before giving it the green light
Very cool link
Look at my cool text