tc trades

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

tc trades

Post by PKPenguin321 » #393806

i dont know if this is the place for this but it would be cool if we could list TC trade ideas that are more creative than just "gib revenant"

here are some that i hand out now and then
also understand that these arent guaranteed but they're still cooler than asking for FUCKING REVENANT FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME

Rocky's Gloves
I give you nodrop boxing gloves to wear and lower your click cooldown. I make sure you understand not to abuse the click cooldown to murder people instantly with melee weapons: The intent is for you to box them unconscious really quickly.

Driveby Horsehead
Don't expect this one too often because it is fairly disruptive (but also really really funny). Curse of the Barnyard spellbook and I varedit your shoes to make you go faster.

2 Random Spellbooks
I spawn the spellbook/oneuse/random path twice, and you get whatever drops, no backsies. You could get two books of smoke, you could get fireball and mindswap. Who knows?

Random Seeds
If you're a traitor botanist, I'll spawn you a large number of "pack of strange seeds" (/obj/item/seeds/random). Expect around 25. These have random stats, reagents, and traits, meaning there is incredible shenanigan potential.

Ultimate Pie Cannon
If you're a clown, I'll modify your pie cannon to be able to store 200 pies, then give you said 200 pies. (You'll have to load them into it yourself.)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: tc trades

Post by Cobby » #393807

I got a request one time for a stampede to run across the station.

So obv I turned him into a carp reskinned into a cow with cow buddies and they attacked the station.

there is now cow level on ss13, people!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #393809

Barksoft LMG
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #393811

PKPenguin321 wrote:Ultimate Pie Cannon
If you're a clown, I'll modify your pie cannon to be able to store 200 pies, then give you said 200 pies. (You'll have to load them into it yourself.)
Clown can buy an infinite ammo pie cannon that can dispense infinite pies. It recharges aswell.

Can you give more incentive for this? Maybe extra clown items and that clown hardsuit?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #393813

Does the infinite pie cannon fire acid pies?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #393816

DemonFiren wrote:Does the infinite pie cannon fire acid pies?
You got a point there, but would pkpenguin and the other person be patient enough for:

PKPENG - spawn enough beakers for acid and 200 pies without crashing the server
Traitor - inject acid into 200 pies then load 200 pies into a cannon

If both answers are yes then holy shit you're dedicated to the gimmick
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #393818

in years past i used to give people a phantom hatchet with like 25 throwforce that they could recall to their hand.
it was p cool.
I play Boris Pepper.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #393819

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:Ultimate Pie Cannon
Clown can buy an infinite ammo pie cannon that can dispense infinite pies. It recharges aswell.

Can you give more incentive for this? Maybe extra clown items and that clown hardsuit?
Oh did they add that
Nevermind don't take that TC trade then

Also I remember another one I did once

Monkeyman:
Nodrop monkey suit and mask. Can no longer speak galactic common, only monkey. Name is changed to Monkeyman. Centcomm announcement says that a failed genetic experiment has gotten loose on the station and requests that the crew captures it. Can ventcrawl with items.
Not very balanced but it is pretty funny so if you get a player who you know won't just kill everyone and hide in the vents it's good
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #393878

Single use die of fate
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #394022

I let someone trade to be a statue then stocked the shuttle with all the other statues and told the crew to decorate and await inspection.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #394360

I've gave a guy an infinite use die of fate with amusing results.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #394363

BeeSting12 wrote:I've gave a guy an infinite use die of fate with amusing results.
is it that round where a perma'd prisoner kept begging me to try it and I was like sure why not what are the odds.
He turned into a fucking wizard.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #395266

I've always wanted to trade TC for a martial arts robe or something so I could pretend to be a kung-fu master.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #395278

one time daisy holmes was doing the usual botany memes and she TC traded to make everyone starving so they had no choice but to eat her shit and unleash its power

that was a good TC trade
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #395314

>eat her shit
poo choice of words, my friend

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #405332

Shaps-cloud wrote:Barksoft LMG
sorry for the necro but THIS
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #405547

Trash idea for a TC trade,

All of a traitor's TC for a standard holoparasite, a robeless timestop spell, being a vampire but without the bat form spell, and someone ALSO with a standard holoparasite is sent to kill the traitor
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #405665

Boris wrote:Trash idea for a TC trade,

All of a traitor's TC for a standard holoparasite, a robeless timestop spell, being a vampire but without the bat form spell, and someone ALSO with a standard holoparasite is sent to kill the traitor
robeless timestop on it's own is nearly worth 20 TC

I get the jojo ref but you'd probably have more luck asking for a partial implementation, like the time I asked for a bandolier full of knives and robeless timestop.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #405700

Dumb and probably incredibly op wiz trade idea: Trade all your spell points to become a ling, clock cultist, and blood cultist (but no conversions allowed) and name yourself something like "THE MASTER OF CANCER"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #405722

you cannot simultaneously be a cuck and a blyat afaik

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #405744

DemonFiren wrote:you cannot simultaneously be a cuck and a blyat afaik
Not normally, but I'm not sure about the traitor panel
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #406065

somerandomguy wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:snip
Nope, you can't do it in the traitor panel either. Explicitly, being a member of one cult bars you from being able to join another.
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #406113

subject217 wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:snip
Nope, you can't do it in the traitor panel either. Explicitly, being a member of one cult bars you from being able to join another.
Well then just CC and ling
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #457920

I had a lot of fun recently when Penterwast traded me military synth for 20 tc, at first i thought this was expensive but after trying it out and punching HoS to death with not too much effort i think it could probably worth somewhere between 16-18(Stronger than desword, weaker than Carp) tc. Perhaps even the full 20.

One thing to take note of:
My fleshy disguise was permanently gone and could not be restored with synthflesh as described by the wiki, but this was fine because you can just wear a helmet, until its time to show someone your true face(I suspect it could be restored with cloning or xenobio magic).

The trade led to some good RP where i tried acted like a creepy NPC.

This brings me to my new synth related TC trade idea i would like to test out.

20 tc for:

Military Synth :cardborg:
Revival surgery disk
1-2 interesting organs to implant into your victims

You are a syndicate synth tasked with collecting cutting edge biomechanical research data by forcibly implanting and augmenting NT employees, in the processes turning them into awful abominations.

The gimmick performed like this:
>set up a surgery room in maint
>find some unfortunate sap you can beat into a pulp
>Give them cybernetic lungs, a chainsaw arm, abductor tongue and flashlight eyes. Or perhaps thermals and some weird alien gland?
>Then you synth flesh them up and revive them if needed.
>Let your confused victim walk free
>Repeat until you get valid'ed

This doesn't even take them out of the round unless the victim logs off after being brutalized,I think it could be fun for both parties.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #474936

Is there some way to set up custom spells, i.e. one that summons specific items?
Because I had an idea for a funny wizard points trade based on one player's nickname for me.

Basically, trade points to get a robeless spell that summons a greentext for everyone else in range.
Name myself 'Mikaeus of the Crimson Tome'.
Run around giving people the very thing I cannot possess and spouting words of wisdom until I get valid'd.

Also starts with a green text that has been spraycanned red.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #475037

datorangebottle wrote:Is there some way to set up custom spells, i.e. one that summons specific items?
Because I had an idea for a funny wizard points trade based on one player's nickname for me.

Basically, trade points to get a robeless spell that summons a greentext for everyone else in range.
Run around giving people the very thing I cannot possess and spouting words of wisdom until I get valid'd.

yeah, me and some others did that all the time.

you gotta replace santa's give present spell item with the greentext. instead of gifts, everyone gets greentext if you do it right.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #475039

datorangebottle wrote:Is there some way to set up custom spells, i.e. one that summons specific items?

probably a bad idea since just touching the green text gives you antag status
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #475113

My main problem with nightmares is that they have no real mission, and they just *teleport behind u* and e-sword you to death.

So this got me to pondering something more spooky, and actually worthy of a spooky title, with mechanics already in the game.

So, I become a Shadow-Person.

I get Shadow-Jaunt

Lower CD Convoke Void (Genetics detriment/power)

Lower CD Juggernaut Grab spell

Runic Golem's Abyssal Gaze

and I'd name myself "Ancestor of Nightmares"

I think this is balanced for 20 tc because regular nightmares, which are usually tradable antags get arm blades, shadow jaunt, the ability to dodge bullets in the dark and revive in the dark.

I'd only get the second thing. This would be a sinister antag with little murder ability outside of the normal crew-member, but in exchange, they can reap paranoia and confusion. It'd be the perfect thing to scare the crap out of the crew.

All in All, It'd be a less murderbone focused and less boring Nightmare.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #475180

The light eater is kinda needed to expand your territory though
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #475202

I still think it's pretty lame
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #479244

Ayy Lemoh wrote:

yeah, me and some others did that all the time.

you gotta replace santa's give present spell item with the greentext. instead of gifts, everyone gets greentext if you do it right.
Not to necro, but I ended up doing something like this and got valid'd almost immediately. Epic. The spell was instead Lesser Summon Guns with greentext and a 1sec cooldown, and I took all defensive spells and a holoparasite but still managed to take a lethal shotgun to the face a couple times.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
hbk2006
Byond Username: Hbk2006

Post by hbk2006 » #479266

on the note of TC trades just going to be honest, some people will repeatedly ask for TC trades nearly every time they are traitor- these people i never give TC trades to. But if you want them being inventive is def the way to go about it.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #479832

hbk2006 wrote:on the note of TC trades just going to be honest, some people will repeatedly ask for TC trades nearly every time they are traitor- these people i never give TC trades to. But if you want them being inventive is def the way to go about it.
This seems a little unfair? If they have new ideas every time, I don't see why it'd make sense to stop someone who's asking for a TC trade.

hbk2006
Byond Username: Hbk2006

Post by hbk2006 » #479944

Not to stop people asking, but to stop them asking all the time. This is just my opinion of it when someone is constantly asking for TC trades they just seem ungrateful that they got the antag role to begin with, i mean if you're lucky and get antag role thats great go have fun with that role. But just asking to get swapped out because it wasn't the antag role you want is kind of spoiled.

I mean if something that you do on occasion like sure fine and if its creative im way more likely to say yea and do it because its fun, but if you constantly nag admins for TC trades then im gonna say no. I personally make note of people who ask constantly and dont give it to them for this reason. I know people might not like that or agree with me and thats fine other admins do it differently.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #480129

hbk2006 wrote:Not to stop people asking, but to stop them asking all the time. This is just my opinion of it when someone is constantly asking for TC trades they just seem ungrateful that they got the antag role to begin with, i mean if you're lucky and get antag role thats great go have fun with that role. But just asking to get swapped out because it wasn't the antag role you want is kind of spoiled.

I mean if something that you do on occasion like sure fine and if its creative im way more likely to say yea and do it because its fun, but if you constantly nag admins for TC trades then im gonna say no. I personally make note of people who ask constantly and dont give it to them for this reason. I know people might not like that or agree with me and thats fine other admins do it differently.

Once you've E-sworded and E-bow'd a guy once. You've used everything the Syndicate Uplink has to offer.

Tc trades just allow for more creative and less-murderbony items.

What am I supposed to do, Buy a 11 tc syndibomb and end the round? Blow everything up with c4's? also causing a shuttle call?

The items are just too kill focused and TC trades offer a different playstyle.

Just an alternative viewpoint from a guy who very much prefers trying for a TC trade then playing with the mass murderbone tools of the Syndie Uplink.

Maybe its because I suck at murderbone.
► Show Spoiler
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #480205

I don't mind tc trades if you have a very good gimmick that isn't centralized being a murderboner except with different tools. However, a lot of tc trades from what I've seen are people who want to use OP shit or don't even know what they want (they expect the admin to do their trade entirely for them).
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #511639

One time I gave a wizard Revhead status + a flash in exchange for half of his spell points
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #511648

Carp-Man.

Holoparasite Carp-Fishticks.

The negative armor carp-space-suit.

shapeshift into a carp
► Show Spoiler
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #511708

Chicken Suit Samurai
[Trade Consists of]
Trade away your ability to kill.
Get Bananium Sword, and Shield.
Get one instant recall book.
Get objectives to slip everyone on the station.

[Gimmick]
Go nuts slipping people.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Riddle Killer
[Trade Consists of]
Trade for Grey Tide spear.
Get Jester Outfit.

[Gimmick]
Ask random person if they like riddles.
If the person says yes, ask them a riddle. If they get it wrong, attack them a few times, and watch as the clones summoned by the spear kill them. Leave their body with a random playing card on it.

----------------------------------------------------
RPG Loot Fest/Scavenger Hunt
[Trade Consists of]
Trade for RPG Loot event to happen.
Get objectives to find three modifiers (at the admin's discretion).

[Gimmick]
You're on a scavenger hunt to find these modifiers in whatever you can find them in, some might appear more readily in security (due to their guns).
------------------------------------------------------
The Evolving Sleeper Agent
[Trade consists of]
Trade for CQC with the restriction you can only use the knockout manuever on it.
For every 5 unique knockouts, you are granted your choice of stealth item to help you.

[Gimmick]
You're a knockout king that is constantly evolving.
-------------------------------------------------------
Abductor Public Surgery Clinic
[Trade consists of]
Finding a suitable place for your clinic.
Ask the admin to clear it out, and then build you an abductor surgery clinic (easily done by spawning in the prefab for it, and then expanding upon that.
You are subject to standard escalation rules now.

[Gimmick]
Offer surgery and abductor glands at (x) price, and (x) price. Be reasonable with the prices.
Watch as the crew either rallies behind your business, or tries to run you out.
-----------------------------------------------------

I've got a lot more of these, but these were the most notable TC trades I've asked for.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #511711

One time an admin made me crippled but gave me spellcard spell whose projectiles were chaos gravity shots. I just wheeled around and sent people fucking flying, it was funny as shit (until I eventually killed myself by throwing shit into me).
[this space reserved]
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #511712

I remember that. Pretty fun times
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #511751

I wanna know how you can change these spell projectiles/spell spawners into a whole different item

this sounds pretty fun
► Show Spoiler