Transmogrifier ship

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Transmogrifier ship

Post by PKPenguin321 » #393894

A derivative of the trade ship. Requires quick creative thinking.
The transmogrifier will accept any item. He will then go to his back room where he converts it into something similar but different.

Examples:
Flashlight -> Flashdark
CE Hardsuit -> Flightsuit
Headset -> Radio
Stun baton -> Classic baton
Cult dagger -> Energy dagger
Heart -> Lungs
Chaplain robes -> Cult robes
Prisoner ID -> Captain ID
Toy esword -> Toy emag

If you want to mix it up a bit, introduce a D20 that you roll before transmogrifying. Low roll means you'll get something worse and a high roll means you get something better.
Headset with a high roll -> Captain headset
Headset with a low roll -> Common channel encryption key
Detective revolver with a high roll -> Golden revolver
Detective revolver with a low roll -> Russian revolver

You can also have the dice and simply use it at your own discretion.
Note that some items are hard to transmogrify, so you'll have to be on your toes. If you get stumped on an item for more than, say, three minutes, consider giving whoever gave you the item a trophy.
Also consider the rarity of the item being given to you. Don't give a pulse rifle out for a laser tag gun, for example (unless you use the D20 and they get a nat 20)
It's up to you whether or not you'll allow the same person to transmogrify with you more than once, or how many items people are allowed to do. I allowed people to come back as often as they liked, but only accepted 3 items at a time.

I recommend making the centcomm ferry have indestructible walls with tables at the entrance. I also gave myself a no cooldown forcewall spell to keep people out, and used the space bartender equipment preset. I also gave myself a bag of holding and when transmogrifying would simply drop the original item into the bag, go into the back of the ferry, spawn the new item, hand it out, then delete the old item from my bag at the first opportunity.

Can be pretty fun and what I like about it is how is encourages not just you to get creative with it, but the people who give you things in the first place. Hope you enjoy
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Transmogrifier ship

Post by Dax Dupont » #393943

>Detective revolver with a low roll -> Russian revolver
Replace it with the suicide revolver instead.