VIPs (Very Important Prisoners)

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

VIPs (Very Important Prisoners)

Post by BeeSting12 » #394400

This is an event that I've run several times. Last time people got mad at me because I made an actual death squad after telling them that's what would happen when a prisoner dies.

It goes in one of two ways. One requires a mapped ship and the other doesn't.

1. Have a mapped ship with dead guards and live prisoners. No live guards because that makes it boring for the prisoners. The ship consists of cells, a small medical area, a small engine room, and an armory. Obviously a cockpit and other small stuff. Spawn the ship, spawn the prisoners, give them a couple minutes. Announce that a prison transport ship has been nonresponsive for several weeks and it's drifted into the station's sector. Offer a reward if the prisoners are returned alive. Wait about twenty minutes and then send an official asking for the prisoners.

I've only done #1 once- It ended in the prisoners disguising as guards and escaping alive. Was amusing.

2. Equip three lizards with names such as "Steals-The-Disk" and "Murders-The-Captain" and prisoner outfits. Cuff them and bluespace them to the brig after telling security NOT to kill them. Offer a reward if they can be returned for a court hearing later on. Wait twenty minutes, send an official, if the official gives a bad report then send a deathsquad. If he gets the prisoners add 100k to cargo's credits. Alternatively give sec a gygax or something sweet like that.

I've done #2 a few times, it usually ends in several dead prisoners and a death squad.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: VIPs (Very Important Prisoners)

Post by kevinz000 » #394411

>dying to death squad
Sounds like a player issue

That being said would be nicer to get an ert to rid the security team but eh deathsquad fights are fun so I'm not complaining.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #394413

I like this but ert instead of death squads
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #395390

I guess you have to keep the prisoners on a constant suicide watch.
--Crocodillo

RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #395808

Tangentially related. But back in the era of SoS where security generally wasn't allowed to murder prisoners on a whim, there was a round where security was mistreating perma prisoners and I proposed to an admin at the time to send a centcom agent disguised as a prisoner (With an implanted radio to phone home) to inspect security's conduct and handle the issues IC.