Medical Ship Fargo

Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Medical Ship Fargo

Post by Nabski » #401733

This event is just another variation on people coming to the station to trade.

Lore is that they are hired by NT to provide basic care, but people must provide their own co-pay.

Set up is typically spawning the ancient storage lab somewhere connected to the station. I've done it in southern maint on box and old attached to the old library on delta. The right side of the ruin has some custom tiles that make for a nice docking station. A clockwork sleeper is nice to do surgeries in and a few spots are needed to store the things people bring to you. Setting the back room to require special access is a good idea as well.

Outfit is the trek medsci uniforms.

Stock typically consists of surgeries, race changes, using the ancient cloning machine, a syndicate medical borg for sale, special implants, healing virus, some drugs/stims and a couple of the custom DNA injectors.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Medical Ship Fargo

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #405679

Why do they need to cosplay to get medical treatment
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #405729

The costume comment was more for an admin running the event. If you want actual medical treatment you're better off going to the normal medbay.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #455595

At some point I had made this into an map so I could load it. I lost the map when rebasing and quit doing the event. It didn't help that someone made a complaint about it.

I've now revived this and have run it once on each server and an extra time on bagil.

I've been updating and improving the ship and it's wares each time the event has happened. You can now enter the ship via disposals, shortly seeing most rooms. The entry room has lockers to hold your weapons and bags, as well as a scanner set to let me know when someone enters. The rooms are Crew, Vault, Dangerous/medical items, equipment/purchasing, cloning/body disposal, rare species collection.

Since then I've added extra disposals to the loot storage room, and a counter to make deals over. I need to remove the door between the two main shopping rooms and open that up a little more.

Economy has been really helpful for running this. I feel like the ship is well enough done now that it could be run as event by quality players rather than just an admin. Some of the things like race swapping and weird bodies I would need to either oversee or add items to do it. I would like to add some nanites and virology. For nanites it would just be access to the programs without the nodes being unlocked yet.

Weapon arms were originally really highly requested so they have moved to the back room. God vocal cords are taken most rounds and haven't had an issue with that yet. Accidentally caused a zombie outbreak. I had been thinking it revived you as a non infectious zombie. No one has taken abductor organs yet, or the anom crystal which surprises me. What's been popular in the back room has also surprised me. I need to work on layout more and do some pixel offsets to make things easier to find.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #455701

Could this event maybe get linked with a refugee aid sub event? Like poor hurt space refugees need station sponsors to get specialized aid from the ship but dont have funds to pay?
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #455706

This seems like an interesting idea.

Perhaps there could be a way for someone with Captain level ID to "purchase" a aid request, they have to spend 'X' amount of funds to send a request for a medical aid ship. Which will further need payments for treating people when they arrive.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #455711

delaron wrote:Could this event maybe get linked with a refugee aid sub event? Like poor hurt space refugees need station sponsors to get specialized aid from the ship but dont have funds to pay?
I like this as a way to get players back into the round. I may try to expand that into it's own mini event. Give them a bunch of organs that are failing or something.
Steelpoint wrote:This seems like an interesting idea.

Perhaps there could be a way for someone with Captain level ID to "purchase" a aid request, they have to spend 'X' amount of funds to send a request for a medical aid ship. Which will further need payments for treating people when they arrive.
I'm doing this as an event because I'm bad at doing actual code. This seems like it would be unfun if it was available every round so it might make for a good station goal. Order a Fargo Beacon from cargo then spawn it like the pirate ship. Have a goal of having 15% of the crew visit the ship.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #457849

I have played this event two times on Terry now and i have to say i like it a lot.

The first round i did not purchase anything but instead waited outside the entrance with my blood bro for out assassination target; Helium the plasmaman curator. Sadly the plan kinda went off the rails when my blood bro died trying lure Helium out by burning all his nerd books with beakers full of plasma, then when i finally found Helium, he apparently had purchased a romerol tumor, died and already risen. A unhelpful sec officer prevented me from decapitating patient zero because Helium was like, a friendly zombie, or something, man.

Then the zombie :brain: apocalypse descended on the station, i died and started to feast on the flesh of the living, converting 5 people to zombies in the process. In the end everyone on the shuttle were zombified.

Very fun round, but i think the romerol tumor should cost a little more than 500 credits.

The second round is was a poor assistant that fortunately managed to steal the Captains spare id. :capid:

This time i actually had chance to purchase some stuff but i didn't get much time to browse because nukies were attacking the station and the Fargo staff wanted to depart. I still managed to trade Runtime for a heart of freedom+surgery(I still have no idea what this does, but it sounded cool) and the command remote for a medical beam gun.

I managed to heal some people with the beam gun but the nukies had purchased a Mauler at 75% discount so we got nuked pretty quick.

Over all it think its a very promising event and has been a lot of fun for me, but you might want to adjust the price of some items if they should facilitate severe powergaming or derail the round.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #457858

Kryson wrote:I have played this event two times on Terry now and i have to say i like it a lot.

The first round i did not purchase anything but instead waited outside the entrance with my blood bro for out assassination target; Helium the plasmaman curator. Sadly the plan kinda went off the rails when my blood bro died trying lure Helium out by burning all his nerd books with beakers full of plasma, then when i finally found Helium, he apparently had purchased a romerol tumor, died and already risen. A unhelpful sec officer prevented me from decapitating patient zero because Helium was like, a friendly zombie, or something, man.

Then the zombie :brain: apocalypse descended on the station, i died and started to feast on the flesh of the living, converting 5 people to zombies in the process. In the end everyone on the shuttle were zombified.

Very fun round, but i think the romerol tumor should cost a little more than 500 credits.

The second round is was a poor assistant that fortunately managed to steal the Captains spare id. :capid:

This time i actually had chance to purchase some stuff but i didn't get much time to browse because nukies were attacking the station and the Fargo staff wanted to depart. I still managed to trade Runtime for a heart of freedom+surgery(I still have no idea what this does, but it sounded cool) and the command remote for a medical beam gun.

I managed to heal some people with the beam gun but the nukies had purchased a Mauler at 75% discount so we got nuked pretty quick.

Over all it think its a very promising event and has been a lot of fun for me, but you might want to adjust the price of some items if they should facilitate severe powergaming or derail the round.
Thank you for writing this up, it's nice to see it from another players eyes. I THOUGHT the tumor would only revive the person upon their death as a non-infectious zombie. I was badly wrong. I've since moved it to the more secure area of the ship and am unlikely to give it out unless they offer something amazing (and are likely an antagonist in the first place). The cost of things typically varies based on what I suspect the person can pay/afford.

Heart of freedom can sometimes help you up when you fall into crit.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #457881

Have you thought about how you are going to respond if the RD comes in with the research budget and demands every implant that will fit in his body and a bag of holding full of gadgets? Or if a greytider empties the ORM and orders a gorillion things for powergaming purposes?

Maybe i have too low expectations of the community.

Anyway, keep up the good work.