[Event] Bad luck! (Event system griefing tbh)

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

[Event] Bad luck! (Event system griefing tbh)

Post by NikNakFlak » #426129

Extremely Bad Luck!
[Picture here soon]
This event involves basically tuning the event subsystem to fire much more often, where it will spam various events (depending on round length) and slowly grief the station for you. If you've always wanted to spam events but not get deadminned for it, THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU.

It worked great for today, being Friday the 13th but I don't limit this to any particular time frame, it usually works better with more players as it basically grief lowpop stations to death and there aren't enough players to fill the ghost roles. This also should never be spammed very often as it is a very very destructive event and nobody likes overdone mass badminnery.

For admins:
You need to edit these variables by clicking on the events system in the MC tab:
There's another variable dorisdwarf edited called wait, but I'm not sure if it actually needs to be touched or not, we got the event to work eventually and I have no idea if the variable did anything.
I usually set them around 50-200. It also doesn't seem to really kick off until it fires it's first event. Setting it to 50 and this is basically going to fire almost nonstop, but around 200 is often but not horrible? I'm not even an expert on running this event but it usually works out and the server didn't crash so things worked out. Experiment and figure stuff out, but setting it too low will definitely over spam the server and potentially crash it.
  • I usually start with an admin annoucement telling players that I will be setting the event system to high, then I set the round to extended or traitors/traitorchan. If you do this before the round, they know what they signed up for tbh. A few players asked for admin tokens after the event, but I let them know beforehand so they opted in to hardmode.
  • Set an admin notice so people can choose whether to join your hellfest late if they join the server late. Otherwise, people get a bad impression of shitty badminnery which, it is but not technically you pressing buttons. ;)
  • Since certain events have minimum time requirements, sometimes its best to set them lower but not insanely low since it will basically just spam electrical storms for awhile (which isn't bad but does get spammy). As it gets access to more events, it will spam those too, so expect a fuck ton of carp, a fuck ton of appendicitis and more.
  • As the round progresses, it will slowly start spamming more and more dangerous events. You can increase the frequency just a tad as it will now spam more dangerous events and as the event system kills players off, they start to get re respawned as side antags (and it will pretty much eventually trigger every single side antag there is)
  • This becomes a problem with blobs, if it happens towards the end of the round, it will delay the shuttle and most people want to get off your wild ride at that point so I usually let the blob players know that I'll have to delete them or the like. Basically, a blob player can have their fun until it's time for the round to end.
  • I usually edit the "can-fire" variable to 0 once the shuttle leaves so players no longer get spammed towards round end by ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION
  • If you play your cards right, the round should end basically around the same time as the event subsystem goes full genocide mode. The most recent running of this event by me spammed meteors which slammed into the shuttle just as it was leaving and it ended quite perfectly.
For players:
This is a good chance to try and roll for side antags that don't come around as often or if you haven't played as them yet. It's a fun chaotic round that is basically designed for the server to grief itself. All events are random spawned by the system and a good admin is completely hands off and lets the system have complete control over how it chooses to punish and reward players. Expect crazy hell, expect lag, expect death, expect FUN!
  • Hold on for dear life.
  • Roll for side antags
  • Die (alot)

Stories of these events, Feedback about the event and more all welcome.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: [Event] Bad luck! (Event system griefing tbh)

Post by Bluespace » #426132

what if...

the game itself

was the traitor?????????????????????????

I died to something then watched the station self destruct as antags burst out of every vent along with the massive swarm of space carp.

It was a fun one off.
I play Boris Pepper.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #426265

I've done this to hurry along regular rounds that became beyond stale in the past. Works great on rounds where all the antags have been dead for the entire time and science/genetics has been done for an hour, etc
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #426276

Make this a roundtype
► Show Spoiler
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #426287

Shadowflame909 wrote:Make this a roundtype
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #426308

I thought this was called The Tensioner
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #426320

we rimworld now
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #426484

I just tried this and the server crashed in like 10 minutes. Maybe don't do this
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #426486

Just get good and do it correctly. I had zero issues. Sounds more like a you problem
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #426493

NikNakFlak wrote:Just get good and do it correctly. I had zero issues. Sounds more like a you problem
I Literally turned it on and it crashed the server really quickly.

It seems to be a problem with multiple vent backpressures of varying severity. If they hit at the same time the foam never goes away and the server crashes.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #426601

NikNakFlak wrote:Just get good
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #427517

Spoiler:
The only event I seriously dislike is meteors. They cause the most havoc, especially if chained up.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;