Medieval Portal Storm

genessee
Byond Username: Genessee

Medieval Portal Storm

Post by genessee » #565035

Unidentified blue-space signatures have cropped up around the station. The crew is advised to investigate.

A freak portal storm has brought a group of medieval peasants, lords, knights, mercenaries, or even royalty onto the station. Depending on their goal and numbers, the crew may be able to safely ignore them or will be forced to take up arms.

Here are some basic events involving this 'Medieval Folk' idea.

Crusade
A medium-sized group of Crusaders have arrived with the station, with the sole purpose of converting (read: scaring the crew into praising God) as many people to their religion (whatever that may be) as possible by any means necessary. This is not cult, they do not get cool-ass books or anything; they literally just beat the shit out of anyone who speaks heresy and praise God (Space God?) while they're doing it. Fun midround addition to the round or as a bit of extra chaos added to an actual cult round. They get medieval armor and Claymores, along with God's favor(?) if they do convert a good portion of the station. They do not have permission to just slaughter people willy-nilly for the hell of it; laying siege to a department filled with nonbelievers is something else.

Peasants!
A huge group of angry peasants that were on their way to revolt against the king arrive at the station. They're equipped with basically nothing (maybe torches, spears, and knives?) and may or may not have a goal. Generally, they're just rioting for the sake of rioting - a true greytide mob. Adds chaos to the round, but doesn't act as a sole threat. Good to keep the crew on their toes.

Conquest
A large group of Knights and their King (or Queen) have arrived at the station, with the sole purpose to overthrow the (acting) Captain and to claim SS13 in the name of [nation]! They can do this via flat-out attacking, or through rallying the crew to revolt, or just by occupying a part of the station. Depending on how equipped they are, a Conquest could act as a main round threat. The Conquest fails if the majority of the Knights and their King are killed, exiled, or flee. The Conquest is a success if the Captain is replaced by the King and the station is under control by Medieval forces.

Magical Merchant
An old wizard arrives at the station, selling magical wares and powers to the crew.. for a price. Maybe their soul, their loved ones, their humanity.. but hey, it's a cool staff, right? Good for stirring chaos on the station, but can make the crew overpowered if the merchant is too kind.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: Medieval Portal Storm

Post by trollbreeder » #565043

What counts as being converted in terms of the Crusade?
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
genessee

Post by genessee » #565052

trollbreeder wrote:What counts as being converted in terms of the Crusade?
Part of it is up to the Crusaders; if they want to have a ritual for new indocrinates, they could do that. Alternatively, they can just get crew to verbally claim to join their religion.

More intricate and complex conversions are likely to net the Crusaders reinforcements, or to give the new recruit Crusader gear of their own. Y'know, from God.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #565056

genessee wrote:
Part of it is up to the Crusaders; if they want to have a ritual for new indocrinates, they could do that. Alternatively, they can just get crew to verbally claim to join their religion.

More intricate and complex conversions are likely to net the Crusaders reinforcements, or to give the new recruit Crusader gear of their own. Y'know, from God.
I'm assuming god here means an admin ingame.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #565058

trollbreeder wrote: I'm assuming god here means an admin ingame.
If approved God would be the player running the event, as we are now allowing player run events.
genessee

Post by genessee » #565065

trollbreeder wrote:
genessee wrote:

I'm assuming god here means an admin ingame.
Yeahp. Whatever staff member/player decides to run this specific event will likely act as the Deity for the Crusaders.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #565253

sounds like a cool event
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #565284

Alright, I've decided to supervise the execution of these events.

I think we could do Peasants! and Conquest as they are now.

I don't think we have custom conversion antags so crusade will need a bit of a tweak.
Magical Merchant is fine but from a meta standpoint its friendly wizard so some more might need to be done to it for it to stand out as an event.

Feel free to hit me up on discord or here if you want to noodle around with Crusade and Merchant until they are good to go. Either way, when it's done just edit your initial post to describe whatever they end up becoming.

Thanks for presenting this event!

If there's any further info or images for the event that you'd like to share, feel free.