Station-Nations Event + Mapping Collab

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Station-Nations Event + Mapping Collab

Post by Capsandi » #587293

That's right! I remembered this subform exists! This is in the idea phase, of course. This is the events Workshop after all.

The "first half" of the event is a collaboration of anyone who knows how to use SDMM to map a bunch of tiny stations which each serve a specific purpose. These could be embedded in asteroids or free floating in space. 1 station uploaded per person, If the map feels empty even with enough stations to accommodate all jobs this would change. Someone would then download submitted DMM files and make sure that no areas are shared across stations, nobody shoved an instagib rifle behind a potted plant ect. before tactfully placing them and consulting the submitters about possible balance concerns(why did you put the instagib rifle on the table instead of in the locker?). If this idea gains traction I may write up some actual guidelines.

The actual round event is just a Nations round on a map composing of many small stations(the map made by the collab). These stations would each have their own uses, and wouldn't be cut between department lines. For instance, engineering could be spread between an atmospherics station, a tcomms station, and another with the SM. These three stations wouldn't necessarily be near each other or form a departmental bond. Not every station would start equipped with enough EVA suits to accommodate everyone. The round runs until someone is crowned "King of all Shit" or until boredom consumes the players.

The separation and challenge of moving from each station would allow for a slower progression into the round. Nations rounds quickly devolving into toxins murdering everything is a common complaint, and the curation of a map meant to balance with the context of Nations in mind could prevent such quick escalations. Perhaps toxins starts with no gasses, needing to get them from the atmospherics station, which is tragically seated next to the general security station in which they were going to use the explosives. There is a great extent in which changes may be made to accommodate the freedom in the event.
Late joining is still an issue I haven't thought a good solution to, perhaps the admin running the event could disperse the newcomers to the stations via drop pod?

Again, this is very much still in the ideas phase, but if enough interest is placed in a mapping collab then I will get to work on a hack.md for requirements of each submission and what submissions are available
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Re: Station-Nations Event + Mapping Collab

Post by Capsandi » #587377

:paperwrote: https://hackmd.io/oFsZ7TN-RoOdqKARrWnYeg I started a hack.md for requirements of submissions and what is needed. I feel like I'm forgetting something in it so its still WIP.
If you would like to contribute, send me questions/dmm files of your submissions on discord @Caps#3067
Oh yea also the map is only 1z tall, if enough contributors want this to change then I can do so.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness