food truck/mobile diner event

InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

food truck/mobile diner event

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #629523

ok so i was thinking.. what if the station had a space chef come by and make food for bit then leave? this would be special cuisine, usually stuff you wouldn't find on the station.

so basically a space food truck, the chef would have a assistant, or driver if you may say so. It would house a small crew including a enginering, and mercs ( security) hired by the ship owner. the ship would be stocked with basic food ingredients and exotic food ingredients and all the other stuff, however there are the special foods eating these once would give you special power. The ship would as
basicly it would dock with the station somewhere or you would have to eva to it
this also would be really cool if it was a ship from the moff fleet, trying to make money for their species (as explained in the lore)

CC announcement:

Attention crew, our station scanners have detected a friendly ship signal. The signal frequency come from a ship of the Mothic fleet. Please avoid hostile interactions, or looting the ship if you can. Otherwise we would have a diplomatic disaster, we dont want that do we? The ship is offering food service, so we are giving the temporary break from all non essential staff personnel to use these services. GPS coordinates have been listed on all devices.

- CentComm Diplomatic Affairs Office

if the crew attacks/loots the ship

What did we just tell you NOT to do?! Jesus, you are all a pack of wild babies, we arent getting you out of this one as we told the moffic diplomats that this was entirely from your control, and all your responsibility. You've made this sector even more harder to reason with the Moffic fleet, as they recognize one of our top state research facility's as a threat. Consider this coming out of all your paychecks, even you captain.

Diplomats have forced us to send us a security team to sort out your station, please comply with them as we cannot make this anymore worse.

security ert spawns, and must question the staff/command of the ship to figure and sort out the station. Criminals are brought back to centcomm

if the crew treats the ship with respect/and it leaves

The moffic crew aboard the ship has accepted your patronage as a friendly station, and thus you might have more traffic coming through your sector. This is a win for both the station and CentComm as we are trying to increase diplomatic and economic affairs with the Moffic people. They have transfered 15% of their funds to your station global fund as a gift of gratitude. Expect a good report from coming back from CentComm today. The funds at the end of the shift will be then separated equally as a bonus for all employees.

The fleet has offered some free snacks, and mothic treats for your moffic crew. This will be coming in through your cargo shuttle.
This is a problem to our adversaries, so tighten up security as you have more presence in this sector, and are prone to more attacks.

after this, the syndicate would gain attention to this, and either activate sleeper agents, give active traitors a bit of extra TC, or spawn a nuke squad
just to balance it out for those who still want chaos in the bunch. maybe pirates too? I dont know.

i'd expect that 90% spessman would shit on and trash the ship, as they would probably do

things needed for the event:
custom shuttle ( could be var edited in, dont know if that would work )
custom food sprites maybe, special clothing sprite, not needed but preferred
few ghosts roles on the ship
might need a few admin buddies

dont expect much of a response on this thread, but I accept any criticisim!
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Re: food truck/mobile diner event

Post by Riggle » #632332

I like this event idea, it's neat. Do you have any sprites ready? It's not a big deal if you don't, there's already lots of food in the game. I'd recommend you start a private server to try some of the things you mentioned out. If you need help with the tools just ask around in Discord, there are many people who can help.

Something you WILL need is a shuttle map template; ask around in the mapping channel on how to make those.

If you are still interested in running this event, contact me and I'll schedule an event runner.

I also recommend you plan everything out in detail, as last minute adjustments and improvisation don't go well. Usually.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #632342

contact me if you need some codin.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #632385

yeah a trader should dock if a ghost agrees to the role like the periodic traders in rimworld and he should sell shitties
InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #644171

I forgot this exsisted.
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #644216

You could still do it if you want!
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #644225

Riggle wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:41 am I like this event idea, it's neat. Do you have any sprites ready? It's not a big deal if you don't, there's already lots of food in the game. I'd recommend you start a private server to try some of the things you mentioned out. If you need help with the tools just ask around in Discord, there are many people who can help.

Something you WILL need is a shuttle map template; ask around in the mapping channel on how to make those.

If you are still interested in running this event, contact me and I'll schedule an event runner.

I also recommend you plan everything out in detail, as last minute adjustments and improvisation don't go well. Usually.
We already have a food ferry template iirc
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #660699

If Infinite won’t do this, I will/would. Sounds like a great event.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #660705

I'm hoping to become a admin soon, so this may be getting shed some light for once.
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #661038

yeah, I'd love to see this event in game