The Grand Central Command War

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

The Grand Central Command War

Post by Epicgamer545 » #662837

This is not a scheduled event, I might need to revise it more to make sure it’s more interesting. Also the event seems near impossible unless I experiment with some things first.

-

The year is 2563.
Happy new year. The station has just survived another year drifting out in space. While the station is researching wonders of technology and research, Central Command is still living the dream of yesterday. Despite rumors of advanced technology being held at Central Command, this is far from the truth. CC has barely any resources to defend themselves. No point defense, no defense from invaders, and their armory has recently been stripped away due to budget cuts.

The only thing keeping CC from being invaded is the scrambled coordinates of it’s location. However even that technology is being phased out. Unbeknownst to commanders, paperwork pushers and even the interns, their scrambler has recently malfunctioned, as it has reached a year that it cannot properly process. As the scrambler fails, the limitations at CC begin to fade, and now everyone, including the syndicate, can invade Space Station 13’s Administration.

The remaining, limited commanders and interns left aboard are left to fight it. In a last resort, the crew are called upon to defend the abandoned lower docking ports of Centcom. They are given some obstacles to defend the lower stages, however the rest they have to make themselves. The crew will make obstructions, weapons, and defenses, and use all of their resourced in order to stop Centcom from being controlled by the Syndicate, and causing a load of problems (nukes, deathsquads, corruption, all of the evil stuff).

The thing is:

This will be possibly done on a relatively low threat round, in order to prevent traitors and other things from distracting from the event. There will also need to be a large number of ghosts and participation.

The crew will be called to protect and reenforce an hallway, expanding serveral sections with many different hold out points. There will be a portal placed in order to enter this hallway, however the portal will be removed during each set of waves. They can create walls and whatnot, however the syndicate can break into these walls with the right set of tools. The crew will need to supply their own weapons by cargo; no free weapons for you (however I’m considering if I should add one turret at the very end of the hallway or not, or maybe “buffing” the crew as the waves go on).

At first, it will be extremely easy, with simple threats like pirates and what have you. However, when it progresses, it gets harder. Syndicate operatives with dswords and pistols, and soon, they will have ballistic weapons, like SAWs. At the end, a full on nuke op attack will be done. Syndicates may need to get balanced according to the crew, or maybe the crew may need to be buffed as the waves go on, who knows.

The hallway will possibly be set up so that there will be a section for the syndicate and other threats spawning in, with a “no man’s land” to also accompany them. The no’s man land may shrink as the crew loses to the menaces.

Should the crew fail (and they possibly will), a four man nuke operations team will be planted on central command. A ERT team will have to track them and defend the control computer. The nuke operations team will have to fight against them with syndicate weapons, while the ERT will have to use their wits and skills to defend the control point before reinforcements arrive from earth.

If the ERT holds out? Death squad sweeps the nuke team, and more syndicate spawn in order to attempt to wrestle the Death Squad.

If the ERT does not hold out? The Syndicate win. Who knows what will happen next, perhaps Spinward will be thankful.

It’s the crew’s ability to prepare the defenses that chooses the outcome.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler