Outca(t)sts

tolly404
Byond Username: Tolly404

Outca(t)sts

Post by tolly404 » #687978

An event ran during an icebox round, where poorly equipped felinids have to invade the station and are tasked with taking over a department and grouping up to protect themselves from the harsh weather of the icemoon, and either make negotiations with the crew to let them live alongside the crew, or fend off the security which are likely waiting for shit to go south so they can kill things.

This can happen early in the round, the felinids being sent down in drop pods after being exiled from a neighboring station for whatever reason, or alternatively being spawned in a icemoon ruin which has been cleared of hostile mobs. They are foreigners, and are equipped with the icebox EVA gear, alongside a spear and a pipegun. They also have the night vision quirk, or just better vision in the dark to help with roaming in maints and navigating the icemoon. Some variation in them could be added, such as maybe having a medic or leader. Their objective is stated as something along the lines of
  • You have been exiled from a distant space station! Find shelter in the nearby station.
  • Attempt to negotiate with the crew, and protect both your base and your fellow felinids.
a group of 5-7 may be ideal, I don't think a very small group would work well in defending themselves, but a big group may just be too much too not only coordinate but just for the crew to handle as well. This should hopefully impact the round enough to make people notice and be involved, but not enough to be the main threat. Very open to suggestions on changes as I hope it'd be fun and hopefully balanced for both sides but I'm not sure if I'm considering both sides well enough.
I love snails
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: Outca(t)sts

Post by Striders13 » #688013

This looks like fugitives but without hunters coming after them? Not very interesting imo
tolly404

Post by tolly404 » #688014

Striders13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:57 am This looks like fugitives but without hunters coming after them? Not very interesting imo
I can see where you think that, there are a few specifications that would make it a little different but I'm not sure if they would make it different enough.
Do you have any suggestions of small changes that could be made for it that would help make it more interesting and different from fugitives? I do have an idea for something additional, I'm not sure if it would be better or not but I'll mention it in spoilers to throw the idea out there.
► Show Spoiler
I love snails
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #688015

people getting pissed off at them is a good thing imo. Cause if they're just felinids who come to station and do nothing, people would have no reason to care – at that point they're just another crewmember.
COwlbear
Byond Username: Cowboy Owlbear

Post by COwlbear » #688019

Is it possible for someone to carry a contagious virus while being personally unaffected by it? Because if your felinids are all carriers of Cat Scratch Fever or somesuch that REALLY sucks to deal with, that's another easy way to get people to hate them/want them off-station while having to approach them with some level of care to keep from getting sick.
tolly404

Post by tolly404 » #688023

Striders13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:58 am people getting pissed off at them is a good thing imo. Cause if they're just felinids who come to station and do nothing, people would have no reason to care – at that point they're just another crewmember.
Ah yeah, that makes sense. Maybe it could be made to be more antagonistic, with a main focus on trying to knock out all technology? or should that just be more of a side note? possibly their focus could be shifted towards actively taking over the station for felinids, so it could be more of an assault on command. If we really wanted to go far we could forego them opposing modern tech, giving them more reason to start by going for the armory or even carrying felinid mutation toxin and shifting to a theme of just wanting to make the station a cat station.
I'm not sure if being an antagonist would be what is wanted for an event though, i'd be happy with it but I am not sure if I want it to be that impactful on the round instead of a minor thing.
I love snails
tolly404

Post by tolly404 » #688024

COwlbear wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:22 am Is it possible for someone to carry a contagious virus while being personally unaffected by it? Because if your felinids are all carriers of Cat Scratch Fever or somesuch that REALLY sucks to deal with, that's another easy way to get people to hate them/want them off-station while having to approach them with some level of care to keep from getting sick.
That is a really good concept, maybe it could be some disease that felinids are immune to specifically? A good part of non violently dealing with the felinids would require crew that can either speak it or understand it, so having crew members that are felinid being unaffected and able to translate would work nicely.
I love snails