Some basic guidelines and goals

ninjanomnom
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Ninjanomnom
Github Username: ninjanomnom

Some basic guidelines and goals

Post by ninjanomnom » #430841

Hi, I'm functionally the design lead for now during this beginning period. Feel free to ask any questions of me in the various chats.

During this setup phase at least I'm going to try to keep the gameplay mostly similar and focus on code and performance improvements. Don't treat this as something like a freeze though, if you have some big change you want just discuss it first.

I'll be trying to maintain a list of refactors here which people can port. Let people know if you want to work on one.
  • StonedMC
  • GLOB global wrapper
  • Datum Components
  • Non compiled map loading
  • Z level traits
(This is by no means exhaustive, we just have so many refactors in tgstation I can't possibly recall them all)

There are also plenty of smaller refactors to various systems that are easier to handle. Feel free to ask about where you can help if you don't know where to start.
Narcissistic stuff others said/made for me
Spoiler:
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Re: Some basic guidelines and goals

Post by JJRcop » #433844

Rustled and Franc say that logging is terrible and they want our logs soon. They ended the test on Sunday early because they couldn't stand it after multiple mutinies.
I lurk quite often...
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #434001

JJRcop wrote:Rustled and Franc say that logging is terrible and they want our logs soon. They ended the test on Sunday early because they couldn't stand it after multiple mutinies.
It was more actually that I was exhausted than the mutinies.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #434005

The logging is fucking atrocious and unusable though let's be honest. At least porting our adminhelp/ticket system and bare basic shit like FLW would be nice
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #434029

Do you even grasp the scope of that work?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #434032

oranges wrote:Do you even grasp the scope of that work?
No and I don't pretend to but it's desperately needed given we can barely administrate at the moment.

I'm just saying what's needed without regard for the work required. You guys can make decisions on where to distribute effort.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman