Should we maybe just...play vanilla CM for a while first?

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Should we maybe just...play vanilla CM for a while first?

Post by Lumbermancer » #435065

I feel like people are getting ahead of themselves, trying to figure what changes would we make to the formula, in terms of mechanics, jobs, pacing and general gameplay. Maybe let's just play the CM, maybe with more lax rules. And then see what happens, what people don't like, what they do.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Should we maybe just...play vanilla CM for a while first?

Post by Stickymayhem » #435066

We are trying to /tg/ify DMCA a bit. We also want to move away and make it our own unique thing.

If you want CM, then CM already exists.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #435067

You're confused. I want to play the game, and then as we play we figure out what to change. There's a topic about pacing, but pacing we know comes from CM server. Would vanilla CM play with /tg/ crowd the same way? I've my doubts.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #435081

Most of the people committing changes have experience in CM but yes the current playerbase is a lot of newbs and CM discards so it will take time for player feedback on the first wave of rebalances to be valuable.
Alterist
Byond Username: Alterist

Post by Alterist » #435433

Despite all the talk of xeno nerfs or marine buffs, there's been very little of that actually in the code as of now. Most of the people making changes/pushing PRs are experienced with CM, and ninja is there to put a stop to anything that would push the balance of power.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #435734

The weapons rebalance is almost complete and then Xenos balance is going to get a look at.

The reason for all the discussion on lore changes is purely to move us away from infringing any IP. This is a long term goal and the actual mechanics of the game will remain the same.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Post by Cw3040 » #435747

If you want a stock CM server, host one. DM me on discord for the original leaked code, I think I still have it on my PC.
Spoiler:
GREYTIDE STATIONWIDE
ImageImage
fosstar
Byond Username: Fosstar

Post by fosstar » #435840

Cw3040 wrote:If you want a stock CM server, host one. DM me on discord for the original leaked code, I think I still have it on my PC.
>DM me
https://github.com/ColonialMarines-Mirr ... 0a2734.zip
took me two seconds kek
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #435988

I actually feel timermage has a good point. Having the server run hot code to give coders better feedback would be a good thing until we get to a 'stable' version. This would also let us see how DM;CA works without CM's rules and limitations thrown ontop of it and could greatly change the scope of what needs to be changed and what is just a bad rule set keeping things down. Not to mention the tg community is not going to be the same as the cm community so tweaking the code base to fix perceived might just be a waste of time for coders.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #436167

this server will never have coders to change it away from vanill lmao btfo joy joy joy okhand
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #436669

See, I played it yesterday for the first time, and it was pretty fun. It appears pretty vanilla mechanically (but I haven't played CM in a while, so there's new stuff for me here). I already made some observations, like despite decent pop (40+) requisitions was empty, and there was no engineering so we had a fucking power failure in CIC that nobody fixed.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #436673

FoBs wont exist if below around 70 pop
requisitions kinda go to shit below 50 pop
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #437926

Is there a schedule for when server is up? I just want to play DMCA.