Temporary Mentor Applications Thread

Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Temporary Mentor Applications Thread

Post by Rustledjimm » #436211

Hello there, sorry this has been late due to my stay in hospital but better late than never I guess.

Here you will post your application to be a mentor at DM;CA which is, as you know by now, the /tg/-run CM-code server. In your position as Mentor you are expected to only answer mechanical questions to help new, returning or perhaps players who are just trying out a different role. You are not expected to deal with any administrative matters or any instances of rule breaking. These will be handled by Moderators and Admins.

The requirements are simple, you must have good knowledge of CM mechanics, time spent on the server is not much of an issue for us as long as you let us know if you will be absent for a long period of time. There is no exclusivity requirement for any of our staff.

The process is fairly simple right now. It will be a very basic set of questions, you will make a post here in this thread and we will contact you (hopefully) within a few days on discord!

The application template is in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

DM;CA MENTOR APPLICATION

What is your Discord ID (please include the full name and number)?

How long have you played on a CM-code server for?

What role would you say you are best at?

After you have posted in here I will message you and your application will be assessed by myself and a few others helping me with DM;CA.

Thank you for reading and hope to see you all when the server is next up which should be Friday again!
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Temporary Mentor Applications Thread

Post by Shezza » #436264

don't fall for the trap of asking for admin/mentor

he's only trying to bait us out
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Suicidalpickles
Byond Username: SuicidalPickles

Post by Suicidalpickles » #436278

Last edited by Suicidalpickles on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alterist
Byond Username: Alterist

DM;CA MENTOR APPLICATION

Post by Alterist » #436282

Well here goes nothing

Alterist#0596
From May to now, so about 3 months.
For Marines: Medic, Req, Standard Marine (Probably in that order)
For Xenos: Sentinel, Spitter, Boiler (Definitely in that order)

I haven't been staff for any ss13 server before, but I feel like this is a good place to start. The only issue I have is that the current test server schedule falls a bit out of my timezone, I'm usually only awake for the first or second and possibly the last round. If that is fine then I'll be happy to help out new players in DMCA
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #436292

what in the actual fuck is dm;ca? are we getting sued again?
Zack
Byond Username: Zack The Zapper

Post by Zack » #436329

Zack#7066
I've CM very irregularly since before they implemented actual ground based maps (back when they were still on station) so a bit over a year or so but I would like to reiterate very irregularly.
I have the most experience with Staff Officer, so I would suppose a bit of that would bleed into overall command experience.

sidenotes: I feel it's worth mentioning that I do not have a good familiarity with the maps.
Jarek
Byond Username: JarekTheRaptor
Github Username: Jarektheraptor

Post by Jarek » #436331

May as well put my hat in

What is your Discord ID (please include the full name and number)? Jarek #0256

How long have you played on a CM-code server for? At least a couple months, I'm not exactly sure but It's been long enough to know how the game functions at least.

What role would you say you are best at? I've tried everything on CM enough to understand how it works, but the only thing I keep going back to is medic, squad leader, PFC and squad engineer
[01:57:09]ADMIN: PM: Unicorn_dream/(Miguel Eliza)->Bgobandit/(Spends-the-Fortune): fuck myself
(F) C A P T A I N U N D E R P A N T S (Station Engineer) has arrived at the station at Arrival Shuttle.

LilJung
Byond Username: LilJung

Post by LilJung » #436369

What is your Discord ID (please include the full name and number)? Xryze#2178

I've been playing the "original" CM since the Alpha. An old timer here and saw Alpha max playerbase was at 30, good times. Though I get into trouble a lot when I first started playing CM, it was the first SS13 game I've played. I took a break when CM became too dramatic, I still look at their wiki when they make something new and interesting.

Squad Leader - I role with this important job cause I like being important, I mostly bond my Squad quickly before being rolled into action. If you bond with your comrades in your squad then you'll have the boys sticking with you the whole game. It's simple and easy if you communicate.

Squad Engineer - I like building defense so I spend my time(quickly) to build a good, tough defense. I know a lot of engineering mechanic in SS13 so Combat + Engineering is my favorite stuff.

Xenos - I like being a support alien that isn't always in the frontline, so Hivelord, Prae, Crusher, Boiler, and Drone is my Xenos main.
my pfp is from metal gear i think......
Desucake
Byond Username: Desucake

Post by Desucake » #436527

Eh, mind as well toss my hat in.

Ex-Deathsquad Sharkgirl #5217

I played some of the early CM for a month, then I left to come back to the new and improved CM to play for 3 months. I took a a break and I've recently came back for about a month now with the current CM. So in total, about 5 months.

Pilot: I actually played this role alot, due to SPEC always being taken up. I learned every little trick with the role and I enjoyed it for the most part, even when I had to sit around for hours during rounds, as CAS not being used.

Squad Leader: Another role that I ended up with, due to Spec or Smartgunner being taken, was rough a few times, but I endured though the fire and slow marines I had to command. It can be a thankless but useful role to play, with CAS active, you'd dominate.
AccointNaim
Byond Username: AccointNaim

Post by AccointNaim » #436612

Last edited by AccointNaim on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Infinity38
Byond Username: Infinity38

Post by Infinity38 » #436614

Nerlair#9351

Around 1 year+ took breaks now and then

In descending order: Medic,Req staff,Doctor,Pilot Officer
For Xenos: In descending order- Crusher,boiler,ravager,prae,queen
Last edited by Infinity38 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Literally Trash
Byond Username: Anime is gay

Post by Literally Trash » #436615

yknow what actually nah just delete this
Last edited by Literally Trash on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adrenalinetooth
Byond Username: Adrenalinetooth

Post by Adrenalinetooth » #436618

darian#5478

I've played for almost a year now.

I've played way too much CM for my own good so I am well versed in all roles excluding the whitelisted ones. My favorite and best roles to play are XO, Squad leader, squad engineer, and doctor.
Kingtrin
Byond Username: Kingtrin

Post by Kingtrin » #436890

Kingtrin#0980

Since DMCA's launch I have played every weekend test and also began playing CM in between tests. In total this is around 3 weeks.

Doctor beyond a shadow of a doubt. I regularly make field hospitals as a doc, or I will be a frontline medic rotating marines back into combat.
I also play SO or synth and tend to focus on early deployment and fob support.
Niner
Byond Username: 9R

Post by Niner » #437108

9R#3507

About a year or so on CM and then since launch on DMCA

I would say I'm pretty good at RO and CT as well as TC, SO, And most of the Xeno Castes. I guess the role I would be best at would be RO though.
Don't @ me
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #437170

If you want to be recommended, feel free to poke me on discord: Rohesie#4152

Tell me what your chars are/were in CM, and if you are a known decent player you'll get a little uselessrecommendation.

Alternatively I can make you some game-mechanics questions that frequently come up and see how you fare.
fosstar
Byond Username: Fosstar

Post by fosstar » #437447

DM;CA MENTOR APPLICATION

What is your Discord ID (please include the full name and number)? fosstarreagan#1440

How long have you played on a CM-code server for? About 6 months on main CM + few weeks coding + playing on DMCA

What role would you say you are best at? I'd have to say doctor + standard marine.

also idk where to put this but i got a sorta recommendation from Rohesie.
captain_yankee
Byond Username: Captain Yankee

Post by captain_yankee » #439196

DM;CA MENTOR APPLICATION

Bootsplatter#5730
9-10 months.
Medic. You need a guy un-dead? I'm the guy that does that for ya.
I've played every role (even whitelisted roles thanks to the code being available on gitlab).
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #440001

supermichael777#7143

>2 years on and off mostly during the summer

Lets see, doctor by living playtime

Though I can say I have tried every marine role except tank gunner and CO and the chemistry desk and am familiar enough to explain mechanics

never played xenos much past runners and spitters
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #440570

Thanks to everyone who applied. All apps are being reviewed, expect to be contacted about them in discord.

For new apps, Francinum is responsible for hiring Moderators (basically Trial Admins) and AIIA for Mentors.
Contact them on discord if you want to volunteer (or wait until they make a thread of their own here in forum):
Francinum#0001
AIIA#4102