The Start of DMCA

Forum rules
Please make sure to read the posting rules before creating a thread.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

The Start of DMCA

Post by Rustledjimm » #430136

Welcome to the DMCA Policy forum. This is where the players and admins of this server can discuss how they would like to shape the rules and policy of this server.

We are not CM, we are /tg/. This is a server for anyone interested in a server based on CM but """FUN""".

I will tell you our ideas as an admin team. First of all we will not have a separate admin team just for this server, however rules and policy will be different as not only will the code be different but the gamemode(s) themselves. As said this will be a forum for the discussion of what exactly those rules and policies will be. We are going to inject some /tg/ culture into CM is our plan. You are going to help us do that in this very forum, our coding forum and the github repo.

You may start discussions on topics you wish to discuss now. Certain discussions will be posted by host/headmins/admins in the coming days to discuss things as well.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: The Start of DMCA

Post by Deitus » #430210

H-h-hi
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #430211

Is the plan to run this as a nu tg style very light rp no hard restrictions kind of server like our other ones? Because I dont think the code was at all designed for that and I have my doubts it will be anything besides an unbalanced mess
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #430214

I don't know why you think this server was made with a plan
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #430227

>most complex medical system
>designed for light rp
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #430242

Mechanical complexity forces you into specific playstyle, unlike access restrictions and skills.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #430256

people who want to do every job as assistant should honestly stick to tg
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #430266

let's go
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #430439

CosmicScientist wrote:Transplant CM's medical complexity into tgstation. You don't have role play. You have another recipe to read the wiki for.
Port jobs, and nothing changes. People only try to game system more trying to get around the restrictions.

Port medical system, and game slows down. Grey tide will think twice before doing anything, because they know Security harmbaton to the chest will break their ribs, pierce their lungs, and leave them at the mercy of someone bring them to medbay. And then they will spend good few minutes (if there's no queue) in medbay getting patched up. And after that sec will take them to gulag for b&e.

That doesn't mean "therefore RP" though anyway. It just affects how you play the game more, imho.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #430526