Whitelisted roles

Forum rules
Please make sure to read the posting rules before creating a thread.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Whitelisted roles

Post by Shezza » #430257

What should we do with em
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Whitelisted roles

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #430264

Shezza wrote:What should we do with em
Admin only if you HAVE to remove whitelists.

No one wants to fight army of predators AND xenomorphs. Admins could still do that HOWEVER it's less common than players just going 'lmao'

There are other ways, like job slot or antag status, but I don't feel like that would be a good idea still.

These are my opinions besides 'i feel like we're doing something shitty here' anyways.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #430273

We'll just do what we've done for a while now, and put playtime requirements on roles that require more experience.

Whitelists are dumb and you shouldn't have to write a fucking thesis just so you can be a captain, antag, or silicon.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #430274

MrAlphonzo wrote:We'll just do what we've done for a while now, and put playtime requirements on roles that require more experience.

Whitelists are dumb and you shouldn't have to write a fucking thesis just so you can be a captain, antag, or silicon.
oh wait i thought only predator and synthetic was whitelisted.

Just make predator admin only. The rest is fine as playtime.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #430283

Ahelp to get watched for a round for a whitelisted role, if you aren't a fuckhead with it for that round you get the role, if your a fuckhead with it, off the whitelist, and no CO whitelist, just synth and pred

EDIT: i feel like i said this badly, So you ahelp to get the role for one round, if your good with it, onto the whitelist you go, if your a fuck with it later, you get taken off from it
Last edited by Boris on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Shezza

Post by Shezza » #430303

Boris wrote:Ahelp to get watched for a round for a whitelisted role, if you aren't a fuckhead with it for that round you get the role, if your a fuckhead with it, off the whitelist, and no CO whitelist, just synth and pred
I can honestly get behind this.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #430329

MrAlphonzo wrote:We'll just do what we've done for a while now, and put playtime requirements on roles that require more experience.

this sounds like a great idea
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Shezza

Post by Shezza » #430345

Doctor Pork wrote:

yeah but time and time again we've been shown that playtime requirement doesn't stop shitters

Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #430347

That's why we have job role bans too however. I do not like the idea of whitelists however I realise, at least to begin with, whitelists may be required as a temporary measure. Long-term I'd rather we look at ways to move away from this.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #430961

Shezza wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:

yeah but time and time again we've been shown that playtime requirement doesn't stop shitters
I thought the idea of that was to stop entirely incompetent people playing important roles until they're just mostly incompetent.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #430964

I'm not big on whitelists. Plus they're not exactly foolproof, there'll always be an idiot smart enough to circumvent it and I would rather avoid the autism whitelists may induce.
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #451079

Clarifying some, since I was quoted, I wouldn't have strong feelings against a very soft whitelist which requires nothing more than a forum post and lack of a history of outrageous notes. But predators would still require changes and severe nerfing before that happens.

For Commander and Synth I see no needs, job bans are for that.

As for that philosophy, I won't claim authorship. I'm merely following the policy Rustled set, which I completely agree with and adhere to.