why are dmca ban appeals and complaints not public?

Forum rules
Please make sure to read the posting rules before creating a thread.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

why are dmca ban appeals and complaints not public?

Post by BeeSting12 » #448218

theres no transparency this way make them public
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Re: why are dmca ban appeals and complaints not public?

Post by Jordie0608 » #448251

They are. The only thread there was made before the DMCA ban appeals board existed so (probably?) is being handled on their helpdesk site. Future appeals will be on the forums.
I misunderstood a comment so I don't know if the appeal is actually resolved or not so I'll move it back for now.

As for complaints, any that do crop up can go in the FNR section for now until DMCA decides what they want to do with them.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: why are dmca ban appeals and complaints not public?

Post by Rohesie » #448291

Yep, we were using a helpdesk system until we got a proper forum section and permissions. Perhaps for too long, but we haven't really had to deal with bans and appeals much before.

As Jordie said, we are moving to the forums now. More transparent and accessible. Not even I have access to the ban-appeals section of the helpdesk, so you can imagine this is all a big work-in-progress.