[Triumvirate] Repukan - I've got bans that jingle jangle jingle

Appeals which have been closed.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

[Triumvirate] Repukan - I've got bans that jingle jangle jingle

Post by D&B » #418915

Byond account and character name: Repukan - Donatello Versus

Responsible admins: Triumvirate

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Servers (Both Basil and Sybil)

Ban reason and length: Permanent

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=16314
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=14491

I have been playing on Hippie on and off and I feel contacting them should bring up no major red flags. If there's any questions from the headmins, I'll be glad to answer them.
Last edited by D&B on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Triumvirate] Repukan - I've got bans that jingle jangle jingle

Post by oranges » #418916

Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #418987

Your history is pretty mottled, and your last ban was directly after being put on probation by a headmin which read:
On probation until the 1st of November, 2018. Given that he's displayed constant shitty behaviour for more than a year and wants to appeal his perma, he should be capable of playing for a year as a model player.
You didn't make it to a month.

Given your history, and given the fact that Hippie generally plays with a bit more relaxed attitude then we do with regards to aspects of the game you've had issue with before (escalation), could you expand on why you feel you're ready to come back to /tg/ and why a nth chance should be given?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #418988

probation is a shit idea and guarantees that most people will end up rebanned, which is why I advocated that it is not used any more.

I would not read anything into bans applied on probated people
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #418993

oranges wrote:probation is a shit idea and guarantees that most people will end up rebanned, which is why I advocated that it is not used any more.

The actions that lead to the ban still happened, regardless of probation or otherwise.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #419024

Arianya wrote:
oranges wrote:probation is a shit idea and guarantees that most people will end up rebanned, which is why I advocated that it is not used any more.

The actions that lead to the ban still happened, regardless of probation or otherwise.
Yeah torching a section on the station with a bunch of players in it because they're having fun is a pretty bad thing to do even without repukans extensive history.
D&B

Post by D&B » #419061

I'm going to politely ask you to step off.

This is being handled by the headmins and I've given all the explanations as to what and why three months ago.

This is out of your jurisdiction and if you want to know the why, you are welcome to read the threads linked where this is explained in-depth.

Thank you.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #419181

Can I ask you why you want to come back? I'm not a headmin, but I am curious since you've been playing on hippie.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
D&B

Post by D&B » #419188

I don't like Hippie
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #419208

D&B wrote:I don't like Hippie
Fair enough. Nice ban title btw. Good luck.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #419630

Denied.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #419639

Not denied I'm hearing what hippie says before anybody decides.
D&B

Post by D&B » #419642

imblyings wrote:Denied.
Why would you deny it?

It's not up to you, it's up to the headmins.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #419897

Only two notes from hippie, in 2016. Repukan plays on hippie a fair amount, the hippie admins said.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #420326

Really wish the other two head admins would get around to this...!
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #420468

maybe they don't give a shit and are too conflict avoidant to say no lol
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #420482

I'm unbanning repukan. This is just kind of silly to leave multiple appeals dead in the water, it shows no respect for people who go through our appeal process. Either the other head admins can add the ban again and say their piece on it finally or just move on.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #420490

You do realize Rustled has been on vacation and has made it really clear that he wants to wait until he gets back before he talks about this?
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #420520

Arm I don't know where you get these ideas from but they get worse and worse as time passes. It was one ban and it was a few days. I'm getting fed up of you just doing shit like this like what you did with shezza. I'll be home in several hours now.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #420586

Ditto from the discussion thread
Armhulen wrote:Saying I did anything but the right thing to wake up citrus being extremely passive and indecisive is silly

Our ban appeals and admin complaints are kind of a joke, where players shitpost a ton and admins dogpile the person appealing. So you're going down the wrong line of thinking by saying I wanted a ruling, it just looks retarded when the thread has all the info on it and then sits there for a week. Its embarrassing, ok, to be one of the biggest communities and have an appeal system so badly managed

I've said my bit on probations so I'll save you the time, repukan's original ban was really really dumb and I don't see how people are blind to it but let me explain like they do on /b/

>be me
>be repukan
>notice how for the last few rounds a group of people always abandoning their job for dnd
>one fire later work to bring everyone to medbay and heal them all up
>hos says I can never return to the station, agree and stick around on the outpost
>hos then comes to kill me anyways and I manage to beat him before he can
>permabanned for self defense!

"But arm is just unbanning his friends"
No, as a head admin I gotta stand tall against the retarded ban, the retarded probation, and then the retarded appeal. If we have any of those just sitting around, the server becomes a whole lot worse.
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #420630

You know arm appeals have waited around for far longer than this one has. I've seen appeals go on near 2-3 weeks at times. We have a policy of resolving them within a month and we nearly always do better than that.I was away on holiday and you knew that, you knew I would be back today and we'd discuss it and resolve it today. I told you this specifically. I've posted it elsewhere in the forums. So seeing you post here in bad faith sort of grinds my gears a little. Because all you've done is jeopardise Repukan's appeal, he is who I feel sorry for because you've decided to create a big drama around his appeal, dragging him into this instead of doing the right thing and voicing your concerns in an adult and smart way. Instead you've gone over the heads of your colleagues using your headmin powers in an attempt to make a point, not too dissimilar to what Beesting did when he used his admin powers to make a point regarding clock cult.

The fact you decide to care now is also telling because often you either don't, or act like you don't, give a shit. Why does Repukan's appeal have to be sorted within a week when other players have had to wait around longer? Why should he get special requirements over others? If there had been any other appeal on right now, much like the complaint thread, they would have had to wait too for my return.

Now I'm going to do the right thing and not let your childish actions change the way I look at Repukan's appeal because it would be wrong to punish him for the stupid things you do.

I want to apologise to Repukan who had to go through being unbanned and then banned without knowing exactly what is going on because of arm's flippant actions, we'll have this resolved by the end of the night for you alright. As I stated in other threads I was away visiting family because it was the anniversary mass for the death of my nan which is why any decision was delayed till I got back.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #420756

We were to discuss it all together tonight as a team but arm has left without mentioning anything since his actions this morning. I'm just gathering more information and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #420786

I'm here now don't worry was just out and about. We're getting more info from other servies
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #420973

I got the information I wanted, sorry for taking a bit longer on this.

On one side we do have the fact that you have historically repeatedly shown complete disregard for the rules, not just on our server but on other servers. You've had a few connections on Hippie with no fault recently true, a server with less rules than our own but you at least abided by their rules. I've had plenty of admins who have known you before your probation (as my only interactions with you as an admin were during it) give their opinion on you and I'm sure you know well enough that few of them had anything good to say about you. I myself wonder if you have changed, because you've had chances to show this before and I have my doubts about it certainly.

However I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're going to be unbanned. I half expect to regret this in the future to be honest. I want you to prove me wrong, prove me and everyone else who doubts you wrong. There is going to be no probation but understand well enough that you have to carry the consequences your past mistakes around with you, admins are going to be watching you and if you come to their attention they probably are not going to be sympathetic.

If you disappoint you won't receive a permanent ban because permanent bans are so nebulous in nature. They are just bans without a definitive end and so can be constantly appealed. If you clearly haven't changed instead I'll put a time on your ban with the caveat that it can not be appealed until it's duration ends. I can think of some pretty big numbers.

Enjoy your time, I do hope you've changed and let others enjoy their time on the server too.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler: