Appeals which have been closed.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

[Arianya] tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #441110

Byond account and character name: tlaltecuhtli
Banning admin: aryiania
Ban type (What are you banned from?): temp ban
Ban reason and length: Ban baiting, punched someone twice on the shuttle and then ran away, and ahelped when they were critted.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):bagil
Your side of the story: I late join in the shuttle and punch a dude twice as a joke, then i go mind my own business in aux storage where i go grab metal, he follows me and punches me to crit while i try to disarm and subdue him on a table peacefully then strips me naked after like 30 s of him standing still next to my corpse (i then find out it was because of server lag) i succumb and ahelp about this kangtut responds to me, i didnt finish to read his message and i gave him a better descrition of the issue as he said "fighting back" but there was no real fight as i only did punch him in the shuttle and then tried to disarm him while i was being beaten to crit in aux storage
Why you think you should be unbanned: i dont think a joke punch or disarm validates for critting and stripping naked someone specifically after someone just runs away descalating it, i did think he was gonna leave me there because he was standing still instead of bringing me to medical ( whole reason i ahelped, but it was because the server was dying)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [Arianya] tlaltecuhtli

Post by Dax Dupont » #441119

I mean attacking people on the arrival shuttle is pretty shitty in it's own as a 'joke'.

Then ahelping when retaliation happens is even more deranged.

PS: I am the guy who robusted him
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #441122

the ahelp was because i tought you were gonna loot and leave me there to die instead of going to medical without knowing the server was dying and no one was able to move
well i would consider hunting, critting and stripping naked people for minimal reasons also a shitty thing
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #441130

The rules stateth:
Rule 7 wrote:If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken.
Repeated instances of the same rules being broken may be met with harsher consequences.Baiting people into situations where you can report them to admins will be dealt with harshly.
Additionally, Escalation Policy states:
You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you cant completley destroy their department, kill them unprovoked, or otherwise take them out of the round for long periods of time) but they are entitled to respond with violence. If you think its unfair or excessive they killed you for taking their ID, consider not stealing next round.

If you are the instigator in a conflict and end up killing or severely impairing the round of the person you are fighting, you should make a reasonable effort to return them to life at least once or make amends, only seeking round removal if they continue to pursue you. This protection doesn't apply to an instigator being killed.
Both emphasises are mine.

You instigated conflict, got retaliated on, and then ahelped when things didn't go your way. This is about as cut and dry a case of ban baiting as exists. Even if the server hadn't crashed moments later, Dax was entirely within their rights to kill you, strip you and leave you like that, though they ahelped at the same time as you did stating that they were planning to take you to medbay but couldn't due to the lag.

If you play stupid games, expect to win stupid prizes. If you then also ahelp winning stupid prizes, I'm not sure there's a sane interpretation of that sequence of events that doesn't conclude you were banbaiting.

Denied, barring the other two headmins overruling me.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg