Appeals which have been closed.
MaterialisticThings
Byond Username: MaterialisticThings

[MrAlphonzo] MaterialisticThings - Perm Ban

Post by MaterialisticThings » #470657

Byond account and character name: MaterialisticThings - Chadwick Thundercock

Banning admin: MrAlphonzo

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent Server Ban

Ban reason and length: https://gyazo.com/10ee8c57314938f3299be4ce8ed99360 https://gyazo.com/75d7f60a5bf8cd45d216b720cf14cb6f Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-01-22 04:48:39

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I was kidnapped by a shadowling and brought to two people in holodeck who built a gas chamber inside of the boxing arena. The shadowling disposaled me inside of a smaller box inside of the arena with no doors, so I could not leave. The shadowling left and nothing happened for awhile other than Katty and Is-A-Lizard talking to me. I at that point was thinking that they were working with the shadowling. Katty opened the door and I was able to run out and have my cuffs removed. I still had a gun on me and went back and killed them. I thought that they were going to gas me since the chamber was filled with gas and the shadowling didn't kill them. They did not try to let me out after the shadowling left. They didn't even say anything to each other the entire time, but seemed very coordinated, so I believed that they must've been working together.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel that I was falsely banned, even if the ban is justified I would like to return to the server as I have recently had a clean record. I was really confused as to what was going on at the time and immediately thought that they were working together since they held me for awhile after the shadowling left. I think it was just a really big misunderstanding.
snayr

Re: [MrAlphonzo] MaterialisticThings - Perm Ban

Post by snayr » #470665

Saying my perspective of the monkey who tossed you in the chamber. I wasn't a shadowling, just a guy who got monkied by a DNA injector. The gas chamber was only filled with miasma which I believe only makes you vomit but doesn't actually cause damage to my knowledge. I believe that Katty and Is-A-Lizard didn't assist you because they probably knew this but your point of view is understandable if you thought the gas chamber would kill you. I don't believe it should be a permaban since alot of it seems to be miscommunication and it's reasonable for you to be suspicious as a Head of staff that was seemingly kidnapped
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #470666

Well that was quick. To provide my perspective so here goes:

I spent the entire shift making and posting newscasts about a Miasma Farm I built in fitness, first the farm component to get Miasma then because it was a long extended round (announced) I went on to make a gas chamber to use the miasma on people. The chamber was built using disposal chute and single direction regular glass. One member of crew had already been taken in by the changeling and thrown into the chamber. They commented on how nice it looked then after removing their cuffs broke out leaving a hole. I fixed the hole and started working out how to recollect my Miasma because it would leak when people left the chamber. The ling came back with a new victim and I watched the situation play out, I think I even took a photo of it. As Chadwick was thrown into the chamber he broke a pane of the glass that could have prevented him from leaving so I didn't feel the need to worry about freeing him. He could leave at any time cuffed or not. He stood there, removed his cuffs while I went out to get a scrubber. When I came back he watched me scrub the gas and left without word. Minutes later he came back with a shotgun and knife. I dodge the shotgun and eventually got pushed to the ground and knifed to death. My only resistance was running and asking why (seeing as he did try and shoot me).

After being killed, I ahelped because it quickly became clear he had no intentions of resurrecting me and I knew it was extended. I assumed he attacked me because I didn't help him escape (not that I needed to) but going into murder and looting the body leaving it in gardens felt a bit over the top for my likes. Eventually someone brought my body to cloning and Gunther asked me how I died. I explained the situation then left medical to try and get back into the round. Kind of annoyed about being killed over it I shouted over radio to ask why he killed me then saw him in corridor walking around. From there I told him he was a murderer and insulted him only for the guy to immediately open up with buckshot and kill me. He dragged the body to a pod and left the station with no means for me to be revived (moot as the round was ending). After the second death I decided that with no admins on the server I should ping discord, which is more or less where it ended.

The first death I figured was at best, over-escalation I partially deserved for watching him get thrown into a chamber of harmless Miasma. The second death was just killing me because he could. Dabbing on the server discord when I asked for admins was a nice extra touch.
MaterialisticThings

Post by MaterialisticThings » #470668

snayr wrote:Saying my perspective of the monkey who tossed you in the chamber. I wasn't a shadowling, just a guy who got monkied by a DNA injector. The gas chamber was only filled with miasma which I believe only makes you vomit but doesn't actually cause damage to my knowledge. I believe that Katty and Is-A-Lizard didn't assist you because they probably knew this but your point of view is understandable if you thought the gas chamber would kill you. I don't believe it should be a permaban since alot of it seems to be miscommunication and it's reasonable for you to be suspicious as a Head of staff that was seemingly kidnapped
Everyone thought that you were a shadowling because of the armblade and since you kept turning into a monkey. Yeah I thought that I was going to die since I was kidnapped and was thrown into what I thought was toxic gas. It really was just miscommunication and misunderstandings.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #470673

Didn't you have some kind of internals on? You would have puked up a bit if you didn't.
MaterialisticThings

Post by MaterialisticThings » #470674

Gigapuddi420 wrote:Didn't you have some kind of internals on? You would have puked up a bit if you didn't.
I did not have any internals on as far as I'm aware. I remember looking to see if I had them on and I'm pretty sure I did not.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #470727

As is-a-lizard, the reason I didn't help him, and the reason I assumed I was stabbed to death, was because materialisticthings was the head of personnel on announced extended and was wearing full sec gear, belt helmet etc, so I petitioned to have him demoted, and he tried to kidnap me several times and the captain had to look into it. I just walked by and saw him at the gas chamber, but just left since I personally did not want to help someone who was admitting to trying to cut my tongue off.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #470780

I'm denying this.

Your assumption that the two people you killed were coordinating with the monkey becomes even dumber the longer I think about it. They didn't do anything to keep you inside of the gas chamber, or chase you once you escaped. You came back and murdered both of them, then kept their bodies from being cloned.
After Katty was lucky enough to have her body found, you just killed her and hid her body. Again.

And I cannot emphasize this enough.
You could have just walked out of the gas chamber.
I saw it, it was possible, and I'm sure the person who built it (Katty) knows more about it than I do.

You jumped to the conclusion that two people were valid because they didn't jump at the first chance to rescue you. People are not obligated by the rules to be your hero, especially when they perceive the person they would have to fight to save you is a changeling.

Your record is far from clean, and your 6th ban for overescalation was less than a month ago.
And you had 3 more, very generous, warnings about overescalation.
Which might not sound that bad at first, but your record begins in late October of last year.

You have garnered such a large amount of bans and warnings, for the same offense, over a three month period that I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
MaterialisticThings

Post by MaterialisticThings » #470807

MrAlphonzo wrote:I'm denying this.

Your assumption that the two people you killed were coordinating with the monkey becomes even dumber the longer I think about it. They didn't do anything to keep you inside of the gas chamber, or chase you once you escaped. You came back and murdered both of them, then kept their bodies from being cloned.
After Katty was lucky enough to have her body found, you just killed her and hid her body. Again.

And I cannot emphasize this enough.
You could have just walked out of the gas chamber.
I saw it, it was possible, and I'm sure the person who built it (Katty) knows more about it than I do.

You jumped to the conclusion that two people were valid because they didn't jump at the first chance to rescue you. People are not obligated by the rules to be your hero, especially when they perceive the person they would have to fight to save you is a changeling.

Your record is far from clean, and your 6th ban for overescalation was less than a month ago.
And you had 3 more, very generous, warnings about overescalation.
Which might not sound that bad at first, but your record begins in late October of last year.

You have garnered such a large amount of bans and warnings, for the same offense, over a three month period that I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.
At the time did not realize that I could leave, sure I fucked up. To me it seemed as if they were working together because of the situation and what happened. I'm just surprised that I was perm banned for this. I don't care about them saving me, more about being kidnapped.