Appeals which have been closed.
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Legoscape - Honest mistake

Post by legoscape » #603221

BYOND account: Legoscape
Character name: Jessica Sulivard
Ban type: Note
Ban reason: Banned from the server permanently - Round ID#163048 -//- Pushed the CMO outside of the Emergency Shuttle while they were scuffling with Marcos over a Heal Rod. Lied to Danny in Ahelps, I double checked the logs to verify proper investigation and found that they had indeed, shoved them outside of the Shuttle. PM'd to see if they'd own up to the truth, they did not - lied again. -- Appeal it on the Forums gamer, I am very dissapointed. -- Has been Appealed.
Time ban was placed: 2021-05-28
Your side of the story: There was a fight between two players on the shuttle and I had pushed the CMO out of the airlock thinking he was trying to kill another crew member by spacing him. I had not known the reason behind it until It was explained after my ban. This was an honest mistake and I had to take a step back and look at the logs myself because I thought I was so sure I had not pushed him out of the airlock when I had. I had a talk with Exavere and realized my own mistake and had apologized for it. This entire situation was a mess and I had gotten myself in the middle of it thinking I was helping someone.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=29162

Ban appeal.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Legoscape - Honest mistake

Post by Vekter » #603227

Are you appealing the note itself or the content of the note?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603230

Vekter wrote:Are you appealing the note itself or the content of the note?
The note

If possible, I would like to hear Exavere's opinion on the note appeal in question.
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Post by Exavere » #603250

Sup gamer, when it comes to stuff like this we generally don't remove Notes that're from appealed Perma-Bans. If you want I can ask a Headmin, or you can request one, to take a look at the possibility of removing it. Though I don't think much will be done.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #603299

It’s within note appeal rules to appeal the contents of the note if he is saying he didn’t actually lie maliciously to the admin.

Whether or not it gets removed entirely is a much minor issue compared to a note that suggests he lies to admins when he was allegedly just playing the game that comes with limited information.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603342

Cobby wrote:It’s within note appeal rules to appeal the contents of the note if he is saying he didn’t actually lie maliciously to the admin.

Whether or not it gets removed entirely is a much minor issue compared to a note that suggests he lies to admins when he was allegedly just playing the game that comes with limited information.
I was ultimately in the dark about the situation I was involved in. It was not until after I was informed by an admin the crew member the CMO was pushing had stolen his Rod Of Acephalous. On the other hand, The crew member who was being pushed out did not have a suit, So I with the limited knowledge I was defending a potential murder. In all technicality, I would not have received a ban or note. This was technically an IC issue and only became a note and ban because I failed to recollect the entire situation which made me accidentally lie.

That being said, Defending a crew member albeit one who stole; Should not be a notable offense. Lavaland items are not high-risk items so this was not grand theft either, Attempted murder, on the other hand, is a capital crime and I was in my right with my limited knowledge to defend him and to push the CMO out of the shuttle.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #604430

This note is accurate, and I see no reason to overturn it. Other headmins may overrule if they wish.