Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 week
Ban reason:Image
Time ban was placed:2021-07-22
Server you were playing on when banned:Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed:166423
Your side of the story:
I just to want to set a few points right:
1. I didn`t send messages about "cum" I used it as a punchline/ a funny wordplay if you may [2021-07-22 13:06:04.482] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) (message to CentCom) "Centcomm? more like SendCum" (Bridge (152,138,2))
2.The same goes for "Send nudes" it`s literally a phrase used online as an unexpected punchline and can be construed in various ways and as i said i didn`t intend to ask for nudes but just make people laugh a bit [2021-07-22 13:34:47.177] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) (message to CentCom) "Send Nudes" (Bridge (152,138,2)) ( it was a single instance)
3. I took a 1.5-2 months break since the Togopal`s note and while rule 8 itself is very foggy in terms of creepy/erotic stuff (Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.) and i admit i was toying on the line a bit too much then (I wanted to post my previous note here but it seems i can`t access it) Honestly i just wanted to meme a bit and i don`t really think people of whom i asked for a photo find it creepy nor erotic,
I sincerely apologize if caused any disturbance in other`s people gameplay or annoyed anyone but i really didn`t intend to express any erotic roleplay or seem creepy
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Re: [GamerAndYeahMick] SmokeyCat - 1 week (rule 7/8) ban

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #608309

1. I didn`t send messages about "cum" I used it as a punchline/ a funny wordplay if you may [2021-07-22 13:06:04.482] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) (message to CentCom) "Centcomm? more like SendCum" (Bridge (152,138,2))
Let's address this firstly, you were asked to knock it off and then did it again
Spoiler:
FIRST:
[2021-07-22 13:04:34.000] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) (message to CentCom) "Lessie Lowe pic when?" (Captain's Office (161,131,2))
[2021-07-22 13:06:04.482] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) (message to CentCom) "Centcomm? more like SendCum" (Bridge (152,138,2))
SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) (message to CentCom) "Take your moth`s back i only welcome catgirls in my office" (Bridge (152,138,2))
THEN:
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: GamerAndYeahMick/(John Burgerman)->SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell): Knock it off with the sendcum and catgirl shit, last warning
LATER:
[2021-07-22 13:34:47.177] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) (message to CentCom) "Send Nudes" (Bridge (152,138,2))
This example of you ignoring me telling you to knock it off on it's own wouldn't have netted you a 1 week ban on it's own, but this when combined with other factors logs to net you a 1 week ban.

Factor 1: Your note from togopal
I have talked to them about their strange obsession with catgirls and told them to stop. They were continuously playing Captain, naming the station based off of catgirls, asking for catgirls to come to their office and lay down so he could take photos of them, and added laws to the AI implying that he was possessive of catgirls (example of such behavior https://i.imgur.com/kEfcJx0.png) Any more instances of this behavior should be considered violating rule 8, as it has been constant line toing.
Factor 1 Context:
After your note talking about you obsessing with catgirls and after having an admin speak to you, you proceed to do a similar thing and name the station about catgirls

Your ingame behaviour/logs:
[2021-07-22 12:35:10.196] GAME: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) has proposed to name the station as Catgirl Observation Station
[2021-07-22 12:55:12.101] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) "you still have a lot to learn about catgirl`s photography" (Bridge (142,140,2))
[2021-07-22 12:55:39.407] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) "Chad come to my office" (Captain's Office (161,135,2))
[2021-07-22 12:56:31.173] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) "I need to ask for a favor" (Medbay Central (170,89,2))
[2021-07-22 12:56:41.481] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) "Could you remove you headwear" (Medbay Central (170,89,2))
[2021-07-22 12:56:45.379] SAY: SmokeyCat/(Sebastian Jewell) "and lie down on the floor" (Medbay Central (170,89,2))

Factor 2:
After seeing your note and seeing you were doing similar things that the note described I bwoinked you and asked you about it, I decided to only note you and let things go, yet you decided to continue sending centcom messages/announcements in the same thread/vein of your previous ones, if you were able to exercise some self control and stop sending admin messages about nudes I probably wouldn't have noticed the additional context of things you were doing in that round and left it at a note, in future when you get two warnings about something then take the hint, your first note was for toeing the rule 8 line and your ban is now for rule 8/close to it.

Addressing other points:
2.The same goes for "Send nudes" it`s literally a phrase used online as an unexpected punchline and can be construed in various ways and as i said i didn`t intend to ask for nudes but just make people laugh a bit
If you had not of been asked to knock it off I would have accepted that you just thought you were being funny but you didn't knock it off.
3. I took a 1.5-2 months break since the Togopal`s note and while rule 8 itself is very foggy in terms of creepy/erotic stuff
If you had been playing for a solid 1.5-2months after the note this would have been a better defence because it would have shown you didn't do it for 1.5-2 months but instead you take a break return and do the same behaviour/s.

Final piece:
Many a time's a mans mouth broke his nose i.e. you could have exercised self control and avoided a ban altogether. If you have any additional arguments that are sound or make sense I will be willing to take a look at them and either consider a) reducing it b) lifting it if you provide solid arguments, but for now I will not be accepting your ban appeal, and in it's current state if it is going to be lifted it will have to be by the headmins and not by me

EDIT: I used the Raw logs (found here)
https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/terry/ ... 3/game.log
EDIT 2:
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... nd-166423/ these are the parsed logs for your viewing
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #608370

Full text of Server Rule 7
If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Main ... thing_else
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
SmokeyCat
Byond Username: SmokeyCat

Post by SmokeyCat » #608778

Sorry for my prolonged reply, the real reason i appealed is not to justify abuse of comms console to send annoying messages to CC but to get the contents of the note right.
I agree with the ban placed on my account and i am willing to sit it out (which i have already done). I just really want it to be changed from "Messages about cum" and "One`s about nudes" to "Warned about sending messages toeing rule 8" or something like that, so the note itself won`t make me look like a creep.
GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #608782

SmokeyCat wrote:Sorry for my prolonged reply, the real reason i appealed is not to justify abuse of comms console to send annoying messages to CC but to get the contents of the note right.
I agree with the ban placed on my account and i am willing to sit it out (which i have already done). I just really want it to be changed from "Messages about cum" and "One`s about nudes" to "Warned about sending messages toeing rule 8" or something like that, so the note itself won`t make me look like a creep.
Ok I can change the line to something like "Warned about sending line toeing messages and then did so again", sound good?
SmokeyCat
Byond Username: SmokeyCat

Post by SmokeyCat » #609052

Yes thank you very much
GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #609119

Okay I changed it