[Phuzzylodgik] GG-Tedi - Ban evasion misunderstanding

Appeals which have been closed.
Tedi

[Phuzzylodgik] GG-Tedi - Ban evasion misunderstanding

Post by Tedi » #649121

Discord username: Teddi#9039
Banning admin: Phuzzylodgik
Ban reason: I was perma banned for ban evading
Time ban was placed: Sometime in the last 2-3 hours (Cst time, currently is 10pm cst)
Your side of the story: I was banned yesterday for 13 hours, I waited the 13 hours and logged back on with my friends account who wanted to play SS13 but the job he wanted he didn't have unlocked yet so I offered to play some SS13 on it to unlock the job he wanted (Security, no he isn't new either) I play 2 games and log off. I log over to my account and want to get on and now I'm banned for "ban evading".
Why you think you should be unbanned: I wasn't ban evading, and my time for the first ban was already up. It would be different if my time for the first ban wasn't up and I logged in under the different account (friends account).
Last edited by Tedi on Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tedi

Re: [Phuzzylodgik] GG-Tedi - Ban evasion misunderstanding

Post by Tedi » #649122

The First ban was done by Pandarsenic sorry I didnt put it in there
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #649123

What's your friend's ckey?
Tedi

Post by Tedi » #649124

Consatine
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #649134

Let's review the logs, shall we?

You received two bans yesterday, a 800-minute server ban and a week-long security job ban. Please take note of the timestamps:

2022-08-08 06:08:19:
"Banned from the server for 800 minutes - Banbaiting: As a sec officer, harmbatonned a clown from 100 to 20 HP only to be interrupted and executed for the attack by a head of staff. Ahelped being killed "for no reason," claimed the clown had "assaulted an officer" for throwing the slippy PDA at him. When asked to consider how the beating might have been connected to his subsequent death, claimed he was fully justified by space law. Finished by saying he was going to shop for a different admin and disconnecting. Do not give people reasons to kill you then say they killed you for no reason."

2022-08-08 06:10:11:
"Banned from Roles: Head of Security, security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer for 1 week - Per banbaiting ban, beat a clown from 100 (healthy) to 20 (near crit) for a single slippy PDA throw, then ahelped being killed "for no reason" when a head of staff interrupted the beating."

A little more than 13 minutes after your server ban was applied, you attempted to evade it using 4 different IP addresses and a third account - rezl - that you've conveniently left out of your narrative:

Code: Select all

[2022-08-08 06:21:55.824] ACCESS: Failed Login: Rezl 35XXXXXXXX [REDACTED IP ADDRESS #01] - Banned (#61813)   
[2022-08-08 06:26:27.524] ACCESS: Failed Login: Rezl 35XXXXXXXX [REDACTED IP ADDRESS #02] - Banned (#61813)    
[2022-08-08 06:35:09.722] ACCESS: Failed Login: Rezl 35XXXXXXXX [REDACTED IP ADDRESS #03] - Banned (#61813)  
[2022-08-08 06:57:57.499] ACCESS: Failed Login: Rezl 35XXXXXXXX [REDACTED IP ADDRESS #04] - Banned (#61813)
Around 14 hours later, after your server ban had expired, you attempted to login as rezl once again...

[2022-08-08 20:48:35.990] ACCESS: Login: Rezl from [REDACTED IP ADDRESS #01]-35XXXXXXXX || BYOND v514.1585
...and finding that you'd been successful, you immediately logged out and switched to consatine and a new IP address.

[2022-08-08 20:49:54.260] ACCESS: Login: Consatine from [REDACTED IP ADDRESS #05]-35XXXXXXXX || BYOND v514.1585      
It's worth mentioning that although your server ban had indeed expired by this point, you still had nearly a week to go on your security job ban.

That's why when I discovered all of this earlier today, I applied the following ban to your main account:

Used alts 'rezl' and 'consatine' to evade a job ban and (unsuccessfully) evade a server ban. Appeal on the forums.
Had you been honest, I might have considered lifting this permaban and allowing you to carry on with your job ban in place.

Unfortunately, however, you are a liar.

This appeal is denied.
Tedi

Post by Tedi » #649137

I didn't lie those account's aren't mine this is a shared computer as well so it would be cool for you to ask if they were my accounts or not as they aren't and this is a shared computer between me and my siblings. So im still permabanned from trying to supposedly log in under accounts that aren't mine and are in fact my siblings now thanks great admin team.
Tedi

Post by Tedi » #649138

So yes I did not in fact say that my siblings tried logging in as I saw no point as it didn't lead to anything in the story as those accounts aren't mine and are my siblings. Had I saw the need to say "hey my siblings tried logging in after I was banned and had to tell them that there will be no SS13 for 13 hours" I would have mentioned that. Even so if my little siblings tried logging in to play thats not EVADING A BAN. All they tried doing was log-in to play after I got off. This is absolutely ridiculous that your leaving a perma-ban for ATTEMPTS TO LOGIN. Really dude? ATTEMPTS TO LOGIN.
Tedi

Post by Tedi » #649139

Seriously all they tried to do was login they did nothing wrong.
Tedi

Post by Tedi » #649140

It would of been nice for you to ask "was there any login attempts after you seeing you were banned" or something along those lines. I would have brought it up. Cool to just go assuming someone is a liar.
Tedi

Post by Tedi » #649141

And I will own up to trying to just change my IP to login. That was on my part I was heated and angry and do apologize. I really just want to return to playing. I enjoy playing the game and have put a decent amount of hours into your servers within the amount of time I have started playing. If you can grant me a single reprieve I will promise that you wont get even a single warning on my account.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #649145

So your friend siblings just happened to connect to our servers for the first time 13 minutes after you were banned?

Rule number 1 of lying successfully: keep your story straight.

Better luck next time, bub.
Tedi

Post by Tedi » #649146

10/10 Admins will be contacting your head admin.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #649147

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're probably not going to be unbanned after this, but we've forwarded your appeal to the headmins anyway :)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #649151

yeah i don't think this ones gonna be a yes chief
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<