XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

[Cheshify] XII391 - Banned for Bad joke in OOC

Post by XII3912 » #650153

BYOND account:
Character name:
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: In OOC, said "OOC: XII_391: "numb digger" absolutely unprompted, has a history of rule 11 warnings.
Time ban was placed: 20/08/2022
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:188839
Your side of the story: In OOC i decided to make a dangerous joke, which then lead to me getting bwionked by phuzzy cheshify then bwionks me and claims that i have violated rule 11 multiple times (multiple)
have not, you can view my note history to confirm other then the whole discord incident.
Why you think you should be unbanned: upon being bwionked i was told i've been warned multiple times about rule 11, however i do not have any notes regarding that (except the discord ban) especially saying shit like "numb digger" in OOC
i feel as if a permanent ban for something like that is simply not fair what i said was a joke and i was not trying to offend anybody when bwionked by phuzzy i agreed i would not do that type of thing again. i would understand a note or something similar but a perma ban feels over the top, it was a joke that quotes a meme and i was not attempting to offend anybody. and i do not know what you mean when you say i have a history of rule 11 warnings unless you are talking about the whole discord incident. You also didnt allow a proper discussion to occur in tickets instead you banned me right there and then
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Cheshify] XII391 - Banned for Bad joke in OOC

Post by Vekter » #650158

Relevant note:
Over Discord, created several Rule 11 breaking posts and videos on how to make illegal substances and chemical weapons that needed to be reported to Discord trust and safety. [This resulted in the player being blacklisted from Discord]. When your name came up in discussion, the overall feedback was that admins were absolutely sick of you. Your note history adjusted for your time played is abysmal, so I'm taking this route to just remove you from the community altogether.
Previous ban appeal:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31690
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #650162

Just clearing up some inconsistencies and miscommunication first:

Both Phuzzy and I contacted you independently of each other, we had both seen what you said in OOC and were not happy with it. While he messaged you first, I was doing research into your previous notes and saw the note courtesy of Vekter. While I was incorrect about "multiple" notes being put onto your account, I do not believe that informing you of your history with rule 11 breaking content was incorrect, due to how serious and volatile your last incident related with rule 11 was.

My reasoning for the ban is such:
You know that rule 11 is a thing, you've had a whole discord rule created because of the content you've posted, and yet you choose to willingly break server rules.
i feel as if a permanent ban for something like that is simply not fair what i said was a joke and i was not trying to offend anybody
What's funny about saying numb diggers? You're swapping two letters around to avoid the filters while all admins on the server were stealthed. I cannot believe that anyone seriously thinks dropping slurs is a funny joke, or even appropriate after they've been permabanned from the discord.

You know exactly what you've done, it wasn't a funny joke, I don't care if it's quoting a meme, movie, or whatever, it's against the rules and it came out of absolutely nowhere.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #650165

Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:41 pm You know exactly what you've done, it wasn't a funny joke, I don't care if it's quoting a meme, movie, or whatever, it's against the rules and it came out of absolutely nowhere.
it did not "come out of nowhere" as i said i was quoting a meme and no i wasn't attempting to "bypass the filter" i personally thought it was funny to say but i can see how i've fucked up here.
I was not choosing to "willingly break server rules" either, what happened on the discord was on the discord and what i posted had nothing to do with what i said in OOC

i am asking for leniency here a perma-ban for saying "numb diggers" in OOC is extreme if i'd said the actual thing then i would expect to be in deep trouble.
im not trying to justify it, it was wrong and worth administrative action especially after the stuff i did in the discord server, any type of ban that isn't a perma-server ban would be fairer.
i would take a permanent OOC mute or a server ban that is 7 days or more.

this was another instance of misjudgement on my part so i hope you understand
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #650173

it did not "come out of nowhere" as i said i was quoting a meme and no i wasn't attempting to "bypass the filter" i personally thought it was funny to say but i can see how i've fucked up here.
This is the crux of the issue, and the reason we can't move this along yet.
One, why would quoting a meme containing a slur (I know it's not EXACTLY a slur but let's be serious we all know what it's saying) be allowed at all, especially if there was no build up or reason for it?
I still don't know what's funny about this, you said a slur but swapped two letters around. There is no joke, no humor, you just said a slur and that's it.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #650175

Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:45 pmOne, why would quoting a meme containing a slur (I know it's not EXACTLY a slur but let's be serious we all know what it's saying) be allowed at all, especially if there was no build up or reason for it?
I know that intentionally seeking to demean others through slurs isn't allowed but I made the mistake of thinking this joke wouldn't fall under rule 11, because I wasn't using it to be racist or demeaning but in my mind just to quote a meme. It wasn't intended to offend anyone but now I know there's a no-tolerance policy for this sort of thing, and I promise I won't make the same mistake again.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #650176

and I promise I won't make the same mistake again.
And this is the question. You've been given the opportunity to change, you're fully aware that this isn't allowed, but you still choose to break rule 11. You've gone through this big event regarding posting inappropriate and racist content, and you still choose to do it again, so what reason could we have to unban you on the promise that "you won't do it again"?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #650182

Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:14 pm
And this is the question. You've been given the opportunity to change, you're fully aware that this isn't allowed, but you still choose to break rule 11.
i have literally no history of doing this something like this in OOC chat or IC chat, though i feel like you do not see that i've changed since then so i think you should Permanently ban me from OOC chat instead so you can assure i won't do this again, It was something that i thought was funny that i did not understand would not be seen as funny to others.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #650186

XII3912 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:30 pm
Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:14 pm
And this is the question. You've been given the opportunity to change, you're fully aware that this isn't allowed, but you still choose to break rule 11.
i have literally no history of doing this something like this in OOC chat or IC chat, though i feel like you do not see that i've changed since then so i think you should Permanently ban me from OOC chat instead so you can assure i won't do this again, It was something that i thought was funny that i did not understand would not be seen as funny to others.
Having no history of explicitly breaking a specific rule doesn't prevent you from being banned for it, especially if your history shows similar infractions.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #650189

Vekter wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:23 pm
Having no history of explicitly breaking a specific rule doesn't prevent you from being banned for it, especially if your history shows similar infractions.
I posted a video on discord that I shouldn't have

And then a few months later this happen,s a permanent server ban on the spot was excessive it was making a poor choice on what to and what not to say in OOC, its worth a ban maybe but not a perma server ban from the game it is infact excessive.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #650190

In the future (if I come back to the servers after this) if I ever say anything like this again I accept any punishment given
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #650194

I would like to request a headmin review i believe a permanent server ban was excessive and would gladly take anything except that

what i did was not cool and what as i've said i will accept any administrative action if i ever do this again in the future from now.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #650201

Let's firstly discuss what Timberpoes said at the end of your last appeal:
What you did was foolish and through our choice of discretion you have consumed this term's goodwill when it comes to appeals. If you grace our term's appeals section with your presence once again following an incident that validly results in you being banned from our servers, you will find very little sympathy. You have been put on notice of this fact.
If you value your ability to play here, please don't repeat this severity of behaviour and please continue taking steps towards improving your in-game behaviour.
The last time we were here, you were posting racist and dangerous content on the discord server, now we're here because you were quoting racist content on the game server. With your poor note history since the linked appeal, the fact that you continued your trend of bad faith play and are now repeating the exact same behaviour that got you removed from the discord in the first place is incredibly suspect, and I cannot reasonably assume that you're suddenly going to radically change after this appeal.

I'll be denying this appeal, and since you've already asked for a headmin review, they've been notified.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #650204

Cheshify wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:53 pm i cannot reasonably assume that you're suddenly going to radically change after this appeal.
why not? i've been banned for it so therefore im not going to do it again it did not have to be a permanent ban, a ban that wasn't one day would have been severe enough
I don't see why you'd think i'd immediately jump to saying a slur or anything racist IN OOC the second i come back especially since i've just been perma'd for it, i did not think what i said would fall under rule 11 but now i know better.

I like playing here and apologise for my misjudgement what i did was most definitely wrong i am only trying to argue that a perma ban was too much.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #650211

In viewtopic.php?p=640529 you were given a warning by myself:
Timberpoes wrote:... A month ban on your record is exceptionally serious. It is historically the longest temporary server ban our admin team issues. Any longer and we usually just go permanent. Most bans that follow a month ban will often be permanent.

What you did was foolish and through our choice of discretion you have consumed this term's goodwill when it comes to appeals. If you grace our term's appeals section with your presence once again following an incident that validly results in you being banned from our servers, you will find very little sympathy. You have been put on notice of this fact.

If you value your ability to play here, please don't repeat this severity of behaviour and please continue taking steps towards improving your in-game behaviour.
I will also remind you of the reason Mothblocks chose to mirror you Discord ban by way of repeating the reason from MSO and looking at how severe what you did was:
MrStonedOne wrote:Warnings for 841546033376919602
1 point warning 961136005447028807 issued by MrStonedOne#9498 for I asked you to clarify something about a likely rule 11 breaking video, and you did not respond so i was forced to look into your post history on discord and did not like what I saw, besides the racist shit I saw content instructing on the creation of mustard gas and a general vibe of somebody who is a negative influence on the community. This warning will be followed up with a permanent discord ban. If you aren't banned in game or on the forum, I'd advise being more careful with your presence and messaging there.
Since that last ban you have collected 6 new noteworthy incidents for FNR mass window smashing, self antaggery, shitty escalation on more than one occasion, ock ick with Morb memes and validhunting as QM.

You once again grace us with your presence, asking for clemency because you could not but help yourself to test the limits of edginess on our game servers.

MSO advised you to be more careful with your presence and messaging on our servers. Myself and Melbert acting on your mirrored server ban for that incident advised you that you had exhausted our term's goodwill when we reduced it from a perma that was rightfully placed and mirrored.

This is perhaps one of the stupidest ways to have now found yourself perma'd. A picosecond of stupid decision making with all the consequences that entails.

You are past your last life. There are no more continues. This ban is upheld. You can re-appeal it a year from today, 19th August 2023.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin