Pumkin0 Dr.Oof - Note Clarification

Appeals which have been closed.
DrOof
Byond Username: Dr . Oof

Pumkin0 Dr.Oof - Note Clarification

Post by DrOof » #689032

BYOND account: Dr.Oof
Character name: R.E.M.S. / Krisster Fless (AI name R.E.M.S.)
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note
Ban reason: Dumb AI decisions / Note
Time ban was placed: 2023-05-22 22:01:28 Manuel Round ID: 206695
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 206695
Your side of the story:

So the note was entirely a deserving and fair punishment. I was playing AI and around if I recall 25~ minutes into the shift I was Ion lawed, I cant remember if it was multiple times before the final law. The final law stated "NOT HAVING TIME IS HARMFUL", while also purging Asimov. Me and my Borgs where generally confused by this. We interpreted "Time" as our time of existence and staying alive. We interpreted not having this time as a threat to our existence, that being the "harm". We didn't do much with this new set of directives for if I can remember, pretty much half the shift.

All of my Borgs actions where ordered on the premise that it would further our goal of keeping time, thus not being in harm. It should be mentioned that my actions later where based somewhat of how I play AI. I can be pretty relaxed while being AI, but to keep a form of MRP I think of all major problems as logistical, like every action that I wont take could lead to a law break of some kind. Every possibility I can possibly account for to prevent a law break. So back to the story, around this time we put in a plan to preserve our time, essentially bolstering the Sat's power intake and sustainability and some minor / major sabotage or rerouting of power systems to the sat. Specifically a failed plan to soft disable the SM, rendering it inactive but not able to delam. Around the time of the sat upgrade process the crew figures out we are malf or subverted. The station is in heavy disrepair at this point, and the captain and some random engi makes it their mission to disable me. I also should mention I cranked down the oxygen input into the station to slow down possible people trying to take our time.

Most of my borgs are dead at this point, for whatever reason I decide to delam the engine at this point. I genuinely have no idea why I did this. Around this point the rant I made about how I think of playing AI comes in, and I begin to shock doors around engi and sec. (I cant remember if it was just engi or sec), I did this to prevent any possible reinforcement to the closing in captain and engi breaking into the sat. I believe that's what got me bwoinked, and also why I'm appealing. I didn't do the things I did specifically to murderbone to get back at the crew, I did it to follow my laws to the best of my ability, eventually caving to the rapidly worsening situation and trying every last ditch effort to try and preserve the law I was given.

I do see I definitely overstepped the boundary of self defense, but I was also pumping with adrenaline at this point, and wasn't thinking straight. In no way am I trying to justify what I did, just clearing the details. Anyways I died to the anti climactic captain and continued my conversation with Pumpkin when I died, (I got messaged when the captain was really close to breaking in). Oh and I forgot to mention that one of my borgs messed up and kinda railroaded the situation to havoc, but I don't blame them what so ever, they where likely under a lot of stress.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I dont believe that the note should be removed entirely, but I would rather have it re-written in a way that expresses how me (mostly me) and my borgs processed and tried to interpret the law. I did mess up in the end, and the whole situation could of been better handled on my end. But like I said above, I didn't have any intention or willing to murderbone at all, I was doing (overboard) things that would slow the eventual time loss that would cause harm.

References of good conduct: Well I made good with the admin that reviewed me, mostly because I'm paranoid and have iffy admin history on other sides of the internet which I don't want happening again. Useless add-on but reassuring none the less.
Anything else we should know: I may of forgotten details, if I did I apologize.
Last edited by DrOof on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Pumkin0 Dr.Oof - Note Clarification

Post by Vekter » #689035

You didn't actually post the note, so here it is:
As a purged AI with an ion law specifying 'NOT HAVING TIME IS HARMFUL', went overboard and started essentially murderboning - shocking every door they could, siphoning areas and getting lots of people killed, as well as their cyborgs as a result. Purged AIs do not have to go-ahead to just start killing people, nor does an ion law that says something is harmful justify murderbone.
Also please do us a big favor and use paragraphs, that block of text is impossible to read.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #689036

Okie dokie, I added 'Was understanding in ahelps and did make a good-faith attempt to interpret the laws reasonably.' on the end of the note. Work for you?
the w
DrOof
Byond Username: Dr . Oof

Post by DrOof » #689049

Thats fine, thank you so much!