Appeals which have been closed.
Lord Noodlez

[Cheridan] Leo Demuth - Weaponban

Post by Lord Noodlez » #273847

Account: Lord Noodlez
Character: Leo Demuth
Admin: Cheridan
Ban: Jobban from all jobs with access to weapons
Ban Reason: Week (As Captain, lasered a roboticist attempting to help him with a rogue AI to death. When questioned, he said it was on kill "by accident", but he shot him 11 times. Temp ban from all roles with weapon access.)
Time of Ban: 01:27:37 (server time) on 3/27/17

Your side of the story: So I was trying to head in to detain a suspected malf-AI. I failed several times, then a roboticist shows up with a Ripley saying he's there to help. I manage to card the AI, and see it is not malf. The AI then says that the roboticist is a syndicate agent. I saw him with a bomb, so I reacted as quickly as I could. My energy gun at the time was in lethal mode from trying to take down the turrets. I then shot the roboticist before he could activate the supposed bomb, which would have killed the AI and I, the captain. When confronted about it, a syndicate agent appeared on the shuttle, so the reasoning I gave to the admin had to be very abrupt due to their double e-sword presence. The reasoning of "by accident" was paraphrasing of me trying to eliminate the situation of a possible bombing. I also know that I only shot him 4 times, since energy guns only have 5 or so shots on lethal mode. After that, I realized my mistake that the gun was in lethal, and would have cloned him if not for the syndicate agent.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Given the information that was presented to me at the time, eliminating the threat as quickly as possible was top priority. Also, due to the invading syndicate agent, I was forced to give [Cheridan] a less than detailed reason for the incident as to not die.

Thank you for your time and help in resolving this issue.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: [Cheridan] Leo Demuth - Weaponban

Post by Cheridan » #274233

You didn't mention this bomb, or that the AI said he was a syndicate, at all during questioning. I asked why you shot him and you just replied "He had a welder out".

The syndi that came afterwards may have interrupted you but he quickly killed you with a dualsaber, if you had more to add you could have easily done so afterwards.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Lord Noodlez

Post by Lord Noodlez » #274236

Except that I do believe that you banned me before the syndicate agent killed me. You kinda hit me by surprise, and I didn't know what exactly to do, so no matter what I could have said, you would have just thought it was me trying to cover my back. I'm sorry about all this, but I had very limited amount of time to respond post-syndicate murder
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #274373

Lord Noodlez wrote:so no matter what I could have said, you would have just thought it was me trying to cover my back.
Uh, "The roboticist had a bomb and the AI said he was a traitor" would have been a pretty good thing to say!! And I'm almost certain I didn't apply the ban until afterwards, and even if it was beforehand, I didn't apply a server ban so you could have responded with the additional information.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #277277

There is a lack of communication both ingame and now here. The excuse is believable but you should give admins as much information as possible, it's to your benefit.

lifted
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.