[Ambassadormagikarp] joshthekingslayer - "banbaiting" ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
josh195

[Ambassadormagikarp] joshthekingslayer - "banbaiting" ban.

Post by josh195 » #312852

Byond account and character name: joshthekingslayer - random

Banning admin: ambassadormagikarp

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban.

Ban reason and length: Banned for bringing the corpse of a clown to chef, asking them to cook him, and chef taking the corpse and gibbing them. 7 day ban.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~7:30PM PST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: Clown somehow got into armory at round start and stole sec gear. They ran around angering people and HOP took thier body. Next time I saw the clown he was dead above bridge. I assume HOP killed or allowed them to be killed. I was very annoyed with the clown so I dragged their body to the kitchen and asked chef to cook the clown. The chef took the body and gibbed them right away.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I dont see how this was murdering or "banbaiting". I certainly dont see how this is a 7 day ban. I did not lie to the admin, I just told them that the chef gibbed them and not me and they should know better. Chef decided on their own to gib the corpse knowing what they were doing. Apparently im "unrepentant" because of my justifications and deserve a 7x murder ban. I think the ban is mostly due to the admin's personal morality and me arguing for my self and questioning his position on the matter. Murder(with I believe my actions barely constitute) according to the wiki is a 1 day ban. Yesterday night another admin gave a 1 day ban to a user who killed and spaced my body for hitting them once after they kept trying to grab a tight neck grip on me for 5 minutes in HOP line, even after yelling for HOP to help me(which they never did). Gibbing or spacing a body constitute nearly the same crime. Even though I indirectly led to the clown being gibbed, I am somehow receiving 7 ban sentence compared to the player who directly removed me from a game. This really doesnt seem fair or rational to me.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [Ambassadormagikarp] joshthekingslayer - "banbaiting" ba

Post by imblyings » #312885

2017-06-28 02:30:15
ambassadormagikarp
Server
2880 Minutes Not interested in arguing it if you're that unrepentant. Stealing corpses from still active players that you saw die in medical, lying to people to get them deleted from the round, then yelling that you're innocent and the other players should be banned or punished instead of you reeks of banbaiting. The clown wasn't innocent entirely but your attitude is beyond shit when it comes to it.

??
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #312896

Ah yeah, dropped it when i had time, the round was a bit hectic. I did that while busy and dropped it to 2 days because you weren't relenting with your side that causing an action that kills people/removes people from a round=not your fault

You went to get the clown gibbed after watching him bleed out and die in medical and you did not move from your stance that telling the chef that it's okay to gib a corpse that you bring in and that the chef was at fault instead of you for it, when the actions of the chef were guided by your actions misleading them and could've directly or indirectly shat on people's rounds

The clown was freshly dead after people attempted to cryo them and save them from their injuries

But the big thing I care about is that you understand that you are responsible for everything that occurs from your actions, if you antimov an ai or tell someone to press a button and it ends up killing people due to a bomb you are at fault for the murders rather than your victim, which you didn't move your stance off of at all and became militant over and kept trying to put the blame on the chef who just listened to you and destroyed the clown's body as you said was fine under hop's orders
josh195

Post by josh195 » #312900

Rule 1: "Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules." seems to be the rule in question here.

I'll admit what I did was wrong, but I still dont see how I was completely at fault for the clown being gibbed. The chef was not innocent in this just because a janitor told him to do it. All I did was throw the body over the counter. The chef knew what he was doing when he gibbed the clown. He knew it was illegal and as did I. But to say the reason the clown was gibbed was because I somehow "manipulated" the chef into doing it is completely false. He took the body 5 seconds after I threw it. I at least hope you talked to the chef and told them that gibbing dead bodies people ask them to is not OK. It is not like i said the clown was a "ling" or any other antag.

edit: The original ban was for 10080 minutes when I made the post which is why I typed 7 day ban Imblyings.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #312972

I posted the ban reason because it's more complete and accurate than the one in your OP

>The chef knew what he was doing when he gibbed the clown. He knew it was illegal and as did I.

A lot of admin decisions are or should be guided by what players do with the information they have. Watching the clown die in medbay means you have first-hand information about the clown and that is what we judge your actions on. The chef has second-hand information about the clown from you and that is what we judge the chef's actions on, since he doesn't have access to any better information nor do we expect chefs to consistently doubt or question the origin of bodies each time one gets delivered.
josh195

Post by josh195 » #313178

"nor do we expect chefs to consistently doubt or question the origin of bodies each time one gets delivered". Really? Thanks next time I'm chef i'll be sure to gib every body without question. Great logic dude.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #313194

read what I write carefully because you have not read it carefully

"nor do we expect chefs to consistently doubt or question the origin of bodies each time one gets delivered."

It does not say, 'we let chefs gib every body that comes in'. It also does not say, 'we don't expect chefs to question the more suspicious bodies being brought in'. It merely says, we don't expect chefs to question each and every body that comes over the counter. If I meant to say that chefs were allowed to gib every body that comes their way, that is what I would have written.