Appeals which have been closed.
Saul_Myers
Byond Username: Saul_Myers

[daturix] Saul_Myers - weekban

Post by Saul_Myers » #353750

Byond account and character name: Saul_Myers / Pocket Karman

Banning admin: Daturix
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil, weekban

Ban reason and length: The ban reason is: Told science to upgrade the ORM, was snarky when science responded that they would get to it when they had time. Got agressive and told them he'd trash xenobio. He did exactly that. Went to xenobio, trashed the consoles and windows and releasing plasma, making it useless and deadly to scientists. Actually resulted in 1 scientists death. When asked about this all he saw no issue with the actions he took. Please take this time to rethink how horrible this behavior is and it is not your position to go trash a department because someone wasn't fast enough for you. Cool down and come back in a week.
Ban length: one week (10080 minutes)

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-11-03; 17:04:10 server time

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story:
Part One. The scientist who played tough guy
The story has two notable events, I will try to cover both.
I was a miner. Mining me ore, usual stuff. Got a good haul: a bit of everything, even bluespace crystals.
Ask science: ORM upgraded? No response. Mine some more. Ask again: is ORM upgraded? No response again.
I know for a fact you can ugrade cloners and ORM before the first ash storm hits, and just in time the miners usually bring their ores.
Ash storm comes, time to head back. Hear on science channel someone say: "alright science done, just need mats now". Oh would you look at that, they need MATS. But nobody bothered with ORM.
Come back. Check ORM. NOT upgraded. Not a bit. I am getting annoyed. I do my job, science doesn't do theirs.
Yell at them to upgrade ORM.
Theo, the xenobiologist, who did jack shit to do R&D, thinks he has a say in this.
Theo says: "We will upgrade it when we have time" this is where i'm starting to get angry (ha ha stupid miner do your job and we won't do ours because we are science ha ha)
I reply: You had time to upgrade it tenfold!
Theo: "That's not for you to decide"
Yell at science that they have one minute to upgrade ORM or I'm selling the haul.
Theo: "That's not how you get upgrades" My blood almost boiling (ha ha idiot miner go risk your life down there in literally hell while we at science are all safe and still not do out jobs because we're lazy)
Tell Theo: "That's it bastard I'm coming over to wreck you"
And this right here is where it all could have stopped. But no, Theo wants to have the last word!
And so Theo says: "Yes please" Theo invites me to wreck him. He has no idea what's about to come
That's it. I have reached my boiling point. Theo needs to be put back into his place and I will do it.
Thankfully, some kind soul hurries over to upgrade ORM, god bless them. The scientist who did R&D the whole time, the only working man in their entire department.
I dump my haul, buy a mining hardsuit, and head over to xenobio to teach Theo a lesson.
Part Two begins here. The fight.
Characters: Pocket, Theo, Hair (another xenobiologist)
I smash the window and bust in, trashing the place. Theo understands what's going on and retreats behind airlocks into pressurized enviroment, crying for security.
But not Hair. Hair has no instict of self preservation. Hair apparently thinks he can fight an armed and prepared man in hard vacuum while he himself is in his jumpsuit.
Hair goes to disarm me. He succeeds once. I do not retaliate.
this is your chance Hair, why do you have to do it? Escape the vacuum you idiot!
But no. Hair is feeling like Rambo today. He wants to be a hero. He attempts to disarm me again. I shoot him with my KA. ONCE. ONE SHOT. And then I flee the scene, my threat carried out, Theo's workplace ruined.
But it was in vacuum. All I know from the logs, his health dropped to about 25. Enough to get to airlocks and into relative safety (in my humble opinion).
And that is the end of it.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I don't think I should be. All at your discretion.
The ban reason will probably result in a note. And the ban reason is not correct in my humble opinion.
Do I feel sorry for Hair? Yes, a bit. He was a bystander
Do I feel sorry for Theo? Not really. Theo was a smug ass, sitting in his comfy xenobio, thinking he was safe, thinking the airlocks can protect him and he's allowed to be a little smug ass.
The round logs can be found HERE
Peace.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Re: [daturix] Saul_Myers - weekban

Post by Alipheese » #353763

First here is the entire ahelp ticket uneditted in a single picture.
Spoiler:
Also wtf was with the "thinking he can molest slimes?"
So when I first got the ahelp and checked on Hair he was in crit and on the floor due to the destroyed windows.
When I asked you what happend between you and and Hair.E i spoke with Theo
Spoiler:
[16:46:40]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Shikarego/(Theo Phrastus): Then could you also explain to me what happend between you and the miner Pocket Karman?
[16:48:54]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Shikarego/(Theo Phrastus)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Yeah I'm not sure, tbqh, he was giving R&D shit for not upgrading ORM quick enough threatening to sell his ores, I said that's not the way to get upgrades, R&D told him to chill saying that someone else was using the RPED atm, he says that we had ages to upgrade and should've done it by now, I said he doesn't get to decide when people are free to do stuff, he starts threatening me-- it goes on. Then he shows up and xeno to brake the windows
[16:49:47][16:49:57]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Shikarego/(Theo Phrastus)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): thanks
[16:49:57]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> walks around. (95,100,2)
[16:49:58]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> shivers (93,100,2)
[16:49:58]SAY: Josiah Leech/Arkadiusz123 : it worked? (114,103,2)
[16:49:59]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> sits down. (95,98,2)
[16:49:59]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> wags its tail. (94,100,2)
[16:49:59]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> looks alert. (93,100,2)
[16:50:01]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> lies down. (93,99,2)
[16:50:01]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> looks alert. (92,97,2)
[16:50:01]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> looks alert. (92,99,2)
[16:50:01]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> twitches its whiskers. (92,99,2)
[16:50:01]EMOTE: *no key*/(kitten) : <b>The kitten</b> crouches on its hind legs. (95,98,2)
[16:50:02]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Saul_Myers/(Pocket Karman): So the scientist started it all?
The issue here is your actions and attitude across the entire thing while killing someone else. So if a science is being too slow or snarky you're not required or need to talk back to them, especially if any cases where they are rude.
But instead of waiting abit for them to get to the ORM when they could you got hostile, threatened science, and went out of your way, buying a hardsuit which requires points which requires handing your ores over to the ORM for points.
Went to outside xenobio and smashed the windows and threw plasma on the ground in xenobio and smashing the consoles till they were just base computers.

So the major points with this situation are as stated:
Spoiler:
1. you were aggressive when science didnt upgrade the ORM fast enough to your liking.
2. you threatened science when they said they were busy.
3. you actively went out of your way to go trash xenobio (ORM'ing the ores and buying the what 2k points hardsuit.
4. you actually went over and trashed a department, breaking windows, throwing plasma, destroying the consoles, the vaccum created killed an innocent bystander (hair.e. which he was the one to ahelp not theo.)
5. you saw no issue with your actions/words, attacking and destroying a department, only regretful of killing hair.e. This is a large issue in itself since you see that you are practically not at fault for anything besides hair.e's death.
6. this all occured on a secret extended round so there was absolutely no reason ANY of this should have happend besides interaction of players.
Edit: Obviously a higher ranking admin or headmin may overrule or change this at will if they see this as an unproper ban/action taken upon you.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Saul_Myers

Post by Saul_Myers » #353766

1. you were aggressive when science didnt upgrade the ORM fast enough to your liking. - I asked them to upgrade ORM a few times and I came back to ORM not being upgraded, me being ignored. I mean, not even "ok" or "yeah sure". Silence, just plain ignoring.
2. you threatened science when they said they were busy. - When they say "science done, just need mats now" means they did their job and now sitting on their asses, waiting for ores.
3. you actively went out of your way to go trash xenobio (ORM'ing the ores and buying the what 2k points hardsuit. - Gotta be prepared for what you plan to do.
4. you actually went over and trashed a department, breaking windows, throwing plasma, destroying the consoles, the vaccum created killed an innocent bystander (hair.e. which he was the one to ahelp not theo.) - The innocent bystander should have followed Theo through the double airlocks into room with pressure and air, and not fight a battle he can't win
5. you saw no issue with your actions/words, attacking and destroying a department, only regretful of killing hair.e. This is a large issue in itself since you see that you are practically not at fault for anything besides hair.e's death. - I told Theo I'd do it, he said "Yes please". This "Yes please" was the last straw that made me carry it out.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #353769

Saul_Myers wrote:1. you were aggressive when science didnt upgrade the ORM fast enough to your liking. - I asked them to upgrade ORM a few times and I came back to ORM not being upgraded, me being ignored. I mean, not even "ok" or "yeah sure". Silence, just plain ignoring.
2. you threatened science when they said they were busy. - When they say "science done, just need mats now" means they did their job and now sitting on their asses, waiting for ores.
3. you actively went out of your way to go trash xenobio (ORM'ing the ores and buying the what 2k points hardsuit. - Gotta be prepared for what you plan to do.
4. you actually went over and trashed a department, breaking windows, throwing plasma, destroying the consoles, the vaccum created killed an innocent bystander (hair.e. which he was the one to ahelp not theo.) - The innocent bystander should have followed Theo through the double airlocks into room with pressure and air, and not fight a battle he can't win
5. you saw no issue with your actions/words, attacking and destroying a department, only regretful of killing hair.e. This is a large issue in itself since you see that you are practically not at fault for anything besides hair.e's death. - I told Theo I'd do it, he said "Yes please". This "Yes please" was the last straw that made me carry it out.
1. Chat can sometimes run faster for other players than some. Like example. a miner if they spam their pka you get the click message and your chat goes by crazy fast. Local actions and speech does factor into this.
2. There are multiple science areas to be worked on, robotics, RND, xenobio, toxins.
3. So you actively planned out how you were going to do it. You didnt need to do it in the first place
4. Hair.e was defending his workspace, he had a right to fight back however underequipped he was.
5. If someone is asking for trouble call security to handle it. They are literally playing the in game admins and their entire job is to handle stuff so admins aren't required to step in.

Probably my last response today as I will be extremely busy helping moving and other business in the later day.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Saul_Myers

Post by Saul_Myers » #353770

Alipheese wrote:
Saul_Myers wrote:1. you were aggressive when science didnt upgrade the ORM fast enough to your liking. - I asked them to upgrade ORM a few times and I came back to ORM not being upgraded, me being ignored. I mean, not even "ok" or "yeah sure". Silence, just plain ignoring.
1. Chat can sometimes run faster for other players than some. Like example. a miner if they spam their pka you get the click message and your chat goes by crazy fast. Local actions and speech does factor into this.
2. There are multiple science areas to be worked on, robotics, RND, xenobio, toxins.
3. So you actively planned out how you were going to do it. You didnt need to do it in the first place
4. Hair.e was defending his workspace, he had a right to fight back however underequipped he was.
5. If someone is asking for trouble call security to handle it. They are literally playing the in game admins and their entire job is to handle stuff so admins aren't required to step in.

Probably my last response today as I will be extremely busy helping moving and other business in the later day.
1. Big purple letters stand out, hard to miss.
2. Entire science department, cloning and ORM can be upgraded within a minute of getting pico manipulators.
3. I didn't need to do it in first place, but when Theo went with his Yes Please, I started preparing.
4. Hair. e had right to fight back. It's a right, not an obligation or duty. He had the right. He chose fighting an uphill battle over running his life. Poor judgement.
5. "Hello security please arrest Theo he needs to be put back into his place for being too smug" would not result in anything.

If you think I want this lifted, you are mistaken. I can take my punishment, I can do my time.
Mama didn't raise a little bitch.
I intend to end my input here and reply no more.
Have a good day and thank you for your time.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #353776

“Reeee those scifags didn’t let me powergame as hard as I wanted to! Better fuck with them and trash their department haha!”

People like you are the reason why the autistic miner meme is a thing. Trashing departments because the orm didn’t get upgraded fast enough is bad and dumb.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #353789

This sounds like something security should be dealing with
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #353794

I'm seeing no way where "science didn't upgrade my ORM so I trashed science and killed them" is ok.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #353796

yeah i guess releasing plasma for no good reason is shitty nevermind
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #353798

also he died to plasma in the air, everybody spawns with oxygen tanks in their backpack so you can't say he was KILLING them
Saul_Myers

Post by Saul_Myers » #353800

Armhulen wrote:yeah i guess releasing plasma for no good reason is shitty nevermind
I spilled their beaker of liquid plasma, not opened a can of plasma in science. The only area damaged was xenobiology.
Saul_Myers

Post by Saul_Myers » #353802

cedarbridge wrote:I'm seeing no way where "science didn't upgrade my ORM so I trashed science and killed them" is ok.
I trashed workplace of one man for his manner of talking, and his collegue died because he didn't want to flee the area and thought he can take an armed assaulter with bare hands. Even then, I did not deal the killing or critting blow. Shot him once, hoping he would take the hint and back off.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #353803

The person asked for their place to be trashed, saying "yes please" then ahelp when their place gets trashed????

What are you going to do, stab me?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Saul_Myers

Post by Saul_Myers » #353804

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:The person asked for their place to be trashed, saying "yes please" then ahelp when their place gets trashed????

What are you going to do, stab me?
No, he was sharing it with one other guy. When I came to trash them, the "Yes please" man fled to safety, the other one stayed trying to fight me. (Hair, in OP post).
He was the one who ahelped.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #353810

Saul_Myers wrote: If you think I want this lifted, you are mistaken. I can take my punishment, I can do my time.
delet this if i'm wrong
but if you do not want it lifted
should this not be in admin complaints?
Saul_Myers

Post by Saul_Myers » #353811

factoryman942 wrote:
Saul_Myers wrote: If you think I want this lifted, you are mistaken. I can take my punishment, I can do my time.
delet this if i'm wrong
but if you do not want it lifted
should this not be in admin complaints?
I don't know man, I'm fine with either outcome.
People seem to think I did what I did because "REE DID NOT UPGRADE ORM FAST ENOUGH"
I did it because of one man's attitude.
If it stays-it stays. No big loss.
If it's lifted-cool, I guess.
No strong feelings one way or the other.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #353925

So for whatever reason for this to exist as an appeal instead of a complaint the appeal is denied yeah?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #353926

make a complaint