Appeals which have been closed.
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

[Rustledjimm] - ANIMETIDDIES - "Underage" ban

Post by Pepper » #402309

Byond account and character name: ANIMETIDDIES
Banning admin: RustledJimm
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: "(MANUAL BAN) It has come to our attention you are underage. As per rule 9 this ban is being applied. If this is a mistake please appeal on the forums with evidence." - Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-04-22 04:47:20
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): N/A
Your side of the story: Yesterday, I was involved in an unrelated scuffle with Space Inaba (whom he and I have a history with). Immediately following this, Inaba scoured through old forum posts on an unrelated forum - digging up old jokes, web archives and intentionally misrepresenting them as proof that I am under aged. I requested said proof when I was notified of my ban, and was told that the burden of proof rested on me. I obliged, providing my community college ID. I was then told that my banning admin was not qualified to verify the proof he requested - Instead, I sent said proof to the other two headmins; Armhulen clearly stating "I have ZERO part in this" and CitrusGender explaining that proof does not need to be provided "because Reasons." The next morning, Citrus attempted to disprove my proof by claiming that I was a junior in high school - citing forum posts made 4 years ago on a forum unrelated to SS13 in a joke thread. I attempted to explain to him, using screenshots from the time and the present that the inclusion of the number 14 was a years long running gag between me and the user posted in the screenshot, to which I was ignored, solely because my age set on the website at the time also just so happened to be in line with the joke.

Citrus did not take kindly to the proof I provided - I was first accused of being a high school junior who was dual enrolled in community college - to which I debunked, pointing out on my uni's website that a high school or equivalent diploma is required for entrees. Citrus then changed his angle, accusing me of being a part of my uni's "Early Enrollment" program. I explained that the early enrollment program requires participants to complete their junior year - an impossibility given his accusation, as he had earlier accused me of being in my Junior year. His response to this was a very decisive "iunno." Citrus then demanded I walk myself to the DMV and pay money, wait weeks for an ID to be delivered, then take a photograph of that private document partially blurred solely because he could not explain how I could possibly own a college ID whilst he continued to be right. He then further attempted to coerce me by taking a photograph of his ID, sending it to me as some sort of offering in attempt to make me feel like I owe him. I then proceeded to send him photograph of my High School ID, time stamping it. Citrus refuses to respond.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I have provided proof that I have graduated high school and have been attending community college for nearly a year - effectively doxing myself in the process. I don't think a rumor started by someone with a bone to pick with me fueled by forum posts taken out of context.
Pepper

Re: [Rustledjimm] - ANIMETIDDIES - "Underage" ban

Post by Pepper » #402316

The declared proof that's been leveraged against me is as follows.

- "you claimed to be 14 on the blockland forums"
(https://web.archive.org/web/20151110054 ... e;u=140789)
Spoiler:
ImageImage
This whole thing is being misrepresented. The inclusion of 14 when referring to me is a consistent joke deriving from my youngest status in a group of people when I initially met them (Kumquat, shown in the screenshot) I have been called 14 years old perpetually for the last five years. Below are few examples of my continued status as 14 to this group of friends for the past five years.
Spoiler:
https://twitter.com/2hujazz/status/986658192745676802 <- Kumquat wishing me a "happy 14th birthday" for the 5th year in a row, just a few days before this whole ordeal happened.
"you claimed to be in the 10th grade in 2016"
Spoiler:
I have presented my high school ID from 2017 that clearly states that I'm in the class of 2017. The image is cropped so I have no clue as to the context, but how could I be called 14 in 2015 after my birthdate and then be 14 once again ready to go into the 10th grade in the middle of 2016? This doesn't fit in anywhere, I'd like to know how 13 months went missing in the headmin's timeline - especially considering it's just enough to make me 18 if any of their timeline held any merit.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #402332

It's pretty standard to request a DOB ID pretty much anywhere. You not having any kind of DOB ID is gonna cause you a lot of problems even outside of a dumb spessman simulator.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Pepper

Post by Pepper » #402337

Stickymayhem wrote:It's pretty standard to request a DOB ID pretty much anywhere. You not having any kind of DOB ID is gonna cause you a lot of problems even outside of a dumb spessman simulator.
That may be true, but it isn't a sure indicitive that I'm underaged. There are other ways to prove it and I have and then some.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #402341

This thread is locked so only headmins and host can reply. A response will be detailed out later today.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #402543

The 18 rule was originally a legal technicality relating to the fact that we allowed ERP. We only cared so far much as we legally had to, so proof was never required, in cases of "i'm 16" we just required the player affirm they were joking and are really 18 and called it good.

When we removed ERP, we kept the over 18 rule to signal that we didn't want 12 year old roblox rejects darkening our community, It was more that we expected you to act 18, act mature to some degree, and why we didn't ban dunc even though we all knew he was 16 when he first started breaking atmos 2 years ago.

So, to some degree, the rule is that you have to act 18, not be 18.

While I agree that an argument could be made that you don't act 18, this ban was placed because of a forum post screenshot that was held onto by a current admin so they could pull it out as a gambit to use whenever the player slighted them, and I don't want to encourage or reward that kind of poiliticing. I'm removing this ban because it the info behind it's placement was presented in bad faith and because you have already presented enough info suggesting you are at least old/mature enough to be in college.

That being said. During the course of your ban, you have made it clear, in multiple pms to myself and headmins, that you are too emotionally invested in this game, and this isn't a one off incident. So as we've already discussed in pm, for your own well being I'm placing a rule 0 ban.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: