[Banned by host] fletchernut - killed while afk

Post by fletchernut » #402496

Byond account and character name: Fletchernut, Randomized name/don't remember
Banning admin: "Banned by host"
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from all /tg/ servers
Ban reason and length: Metacomms with Mysteriousgarfunkle
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-04-20 01:34:37
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Got my brother to make an account and try the game. After he screws around a little on other servers we play together on /tg/ because it's what I'm used to. First mistake, I let him into captain's room when he's the mime without talking about it in comms, breaking the Metacomms rule. HoP or some other command easily kicked the shit out of him and ziptied him up. Shortly after I go to make food. While I'm AFK he breaks out of the zipties and picks up a fireaxe, and chops me to death. I get back, haha real funny dude, and soon after get bwoinked. Admin tells me what metacomms is and asks why two accounts with the same IP let one murder the other. I am mid-reply when the round ends because revs got fucked, and we're all forced back into the main menu. Second mistake, I leave the game while in menu because I feel like playing something else with him.
Why you think you should be unbanned: First point is that I didn't let the mime kill me, he was just being a jackass. It's totally understandable if you ban him, I don't think he would give a shit anyway. Secondly, I am now fully aware of what Metacomms is and I won't break that rule again, if that means anything. I didn't realize it was a rule at the time which is 100% on me, but now you should know that I'll never do it again. Thirdly, I am still unclear but if this is the case then I'm aware of it now: I won't leave after being bwoinked until it's resolved. After I got bwoinked and was in the main menu I didn't get anymore messages, nor did I see how to respond since the messages disappeared. I thought that the admin had dropped it since the round ended in five minutes anyway. If it's part of the culture or a rule that I'm unaware of that I should wait until the next game starts to continue conversations then please tell me. I completely understand why I was banned, I broke the rules, but I play /tg/ almost exclusively whenever I do play, and at the very least would like a time limit on my ban instead of it being completely permanent.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [Banned by host] fletchernut - killed while afk

Post by imblyings » #403357

It was me, I notice you two have the same ip address but let it go at first since you two didn't seem to be communicating ingame. Later on ingame I'm forced to revise that judgement since you've loyalty implanted the mime and let him hang around the bridge, which by itself isn't suspicious but sure is when neither of you have said much and you both have the same IP. Then when it's rev and the implanted mime kills the captain, it becomes a thing I have to do something about.

I'll lift both bans but in the future, you cannot interact with each other without sufficient prior IC interaction. It's not fair to other players, who don't have the advantage of having an unmonitored and unblockable means of communication.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.