Appeals which have been closed.
FUMEKNIGHT
Byond Username: FumeKnight

[MortoSasye]fumeknight - making nasty virus

Post by FUMEKNIGHT » #468957

Byond account and character name:Fumeknight
Banning admin: MortoSasye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from playing
Ban reason and length: Making a high tier lethal virus as a non antag and through negligence, having it spread. ban length 2 days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 16:11:41 server time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I make several virus types, one good, 4 bad and 2 of those are lethal. As viro is kinda useless after the good virus is made, i try to buff out the experience by making nasty viruses and testing them on the monkeys. eventually I run out of supplies and decide to hand the various diseases off to the CMO. I do this because CMO is in a better position to distribute good disease (viro tends to get lynched) and also if any of the disease get out it wouldn't be my fault. the CMO was playing piano at the front desk. I walk up and put my culture bottles on the front desk and tell them to take them. The CMO was a little slow picking them up and an assistant runs up and chugs a few of them. they then start running around infecting people. assistant is subdued and me, the cmo, and the security officer start making a cure. once the cure is made, i run to viro and make a vaccine. upon leaving viro, i am arrested, interrogated, and thrown into perma brig (which had no air) and died. i disconnect shortly after.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Virus was not left laying around. it was out of my hands for maybe 10 seconds. all diseases were labeled (what sane person would drink random shit that a virologist has been handling?). Most importantly, as soon as the infection started, I was helping cure it. I made the vaccine. I subdued the assistant trying to spread the infection. when i was arrested, i didn't resist. I've played a lot of viro.
i admit that making lethal diseases is pretty sus. I wont be playing much viro after the ban passes though, once you figure out good diseases there's not much else to do.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye]fumeknight - making nasty virus

Post by MortoSasye » #469123

I can see in the logs that an assistant apparently drinked from the bottle, but the part of the story that i do not understand AT ALL is the fact that you delivered a highly dangerous virus to the CMO. What was the purpose of delivering this and other virus to him, without informing him previously, AND not doing the exchange inside of virology or the cmo office?

Since you also made a vaccine i will remove the multiple day ban, but i still need to know your answer to the previous question before deciding if removing the medbay job ban is the correct option.

Also, i apologize about my delay in replying.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
FUMEKNIGHT
Byond Username: FumeKnight

Post by FUMEKNIGHT » #469149

so i've actually hand delivered diseases multiple times. transporting the diseases is actually exceptionally safe, as the only way to get infected from the culture bottle is a) chug it like the assistant did or b) splash it on yourself. as no one in their right mind would fuck around with blood bottles a viro was handling, this is the first time a handoff went bad. I'll exercise more caution in the future if i choose to play viro again, but as far as accidental outbreaks go, this is far from my worst.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #469173

i'd say i wouldnt chug a bottle labled "SUPER DEADLY VIRUS" if i had a good intent.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #469187

I will deny the job ban appeal in that case, you should be extremely careful with these sort of things. The point that concerned me more didn't got answered, and it was the reason why you didn't handle only the good virus to the cmo, and gave them the bad one too. What was the purpose of that?

I'm not saying you're the only culprit here, but your irresponsable action lead to a virus outbreak which killed two people and probably more. The reason why the dayban got removed was due to what it seemed an effort from your part to make a vaccine and fix your mistake.

My advice for the future is to save the deadly virus you produce on a safe container in viro, and don't just leave it outside of it under any circumstances (The exception being if you're an antagonist).

Also Timonk, while the assistant obviously were guilty too, this isn't the same case like a floor pill or arm pizza if it literally spreads and could kill the entire station.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: