[Saegrimr] Jzoid - Old notes appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

[Saegrimr] Jzoid - Old notes appeal

Post by Jzoid » #476552

I'm appealing for two notes, both by the same admin, I'll split relevant info into two paragraphs. Notes happened in 2016.

Byond account and character name: Jzoid - Mercy Tara
Banning admin: Saegrimr

Note 1
Ban type (What are you banned from?): I'm appealing for a note, however the first note was a server ban.
Ban reason and length: 1440 minutes, but once more, don't care about the ban. ""Banned for 1440 minutes - Went into space to search for the OPs shuttle. This is not allowed.""
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-10-26 01:49:39 (whatever timezone server notes use)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story:
So this note reads
"Banned for 1440 minutes - Went into space to search for the OPs shuttle. This is not allowed."
The ban was ages ago now, in 2016. This is how I believe I remember the situation went down.
The round was nuke ops, there were nuke ops between gravgen and AI sat on Metastation, equipped with either a spacesuit or hardsuit, I went to fight them, and just above the solars was were the shuttle was. As it was this long ago, I am unsure if I actually went to search for the shuttle, or went to fight the syndicate agents that were right outside grav gen, but I'm sure it's the latter. After all, I went out straight away, and the space shuttle was there, out of all the places it could be, it's convenient to find it on the first attempt if I was actually purposely looking for it, instead of fighting nuke ops.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
If my memory serves me right and that I didn't intend to find the shuttle, I believe Saegrimr misunderstood the situation massively.
Also, I believe the rule has been redacted now, although I don't think it was a rule at the time.

Note 2
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Ban reason and length: I don't think there was any ban. "Playing as "refugees" which apparently means tiding around with a friend (improvedname) and capturing security in maint. Even the slightest bit of tiding or fucking with security is going to be a permaban."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-11-27 15:36:32 (Whatever time the server uses)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story:
Essentially, there was me, Improvedname and a mime. I believe me and Improvedname were playing assistants. The captain makes an announcement about all assistants needing to get a job at the HoP or being beheaded. Me being a greytide at the time, wanted to stay a proud greytide (that, and at the time, the other roles bored me, I liked having maint access and exploring). Improvedname also followed this train of thought, and so we were hanging around, when a security started chasing us, stunbaton out. We ran into maintenance, above the church on Boxstation, and where the large 2x2 table was, the security officer clicked, and placed his stunbaton on it. We took the stunbaton, stunned him, tied him, took his laser, and chair-cuffed him. He called in other security, so other security came. What followed was a mess of two assistants, one mime (I don't know where he came along, but he did before we stunned the security officer) and many security with a HoS. All the security being stunned, cuffed, weapons taken off them and I believe placed aside (we couldn't carry them all and we wanted to make it clear we didn't want to necessarily fuck about with them, we just didn't want to be arrested) and the three "greytide" triumphant. I believe there was about 4-5 security.

I then got abducted by Saegrimr to the 1x1 indestructible prison cells the admins use on a different level, stuck in there and lectured. All the while the situation was in progress. He did not wait for the round to end, he did not wait for the situation to end, we were still dealing with the security (taking their stuff, placing it to the side), and then we were teleported.
I also got threatened with a perma ban on my next "slightest bit of tiding".
Why you think you should be unbanned:
This one, I absolutely know the situation, and I absolutely know we did not break any rules.
We simply avoided being arrested, which is 100% not against the rules. We didn't kill any security officers, which, even then, whilst shitty, is not against the rules.
Once more, we simply avoided being arrested. It should have been an IC Situation that should have beene dealt with ICly.
The way Saeg worded the ban appeal was as if we were waiting in maintenance door ways, for security to walk past, where we'd kidnap them. This is incorrect, the security were at all times chasing us and trying to arrest us, because we got the best of one security member who attempted to arrest us.
I do believe there was a hint of bias in it against me due to previous situations Saegrimr has had against me (thus the threat to be permabanned), but it's in the past and I just want this note off of my account.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [Saegrimr] Jzoid - Old notes appeal

Post by NikNakFlak » #476592

First ban: get logs, burden of proof. Your word vs his, etc. Though, it's not a super deep note anyway, your claim is 100% just words right now, if logs will help, I'm not sure but it'd give us something.

Second ban: Seems IC and weird to me but I'd also want to again, see logs.
Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #476593

NikNakFlak wrote:First ban: get logs, burden of proof. Your word vs his, etc. Though, it's not a super deep note anyway, your claim is 100% just words right now, if logs will help, I'm not sure but it'd give us something.

Second ban: Seems IC and weird to me but I'd also want to again, see logs.
That's the problem, I don't think I can let logs. These notes happened two years ago, and the notes on my profile don't show round ID. I'm redeeming them now because I'm only now starting to care about my profile. Out of all the notes I have, these are the only two I feel to truly be invalid.

Also for the first one, unless logs show positioning on the map at specific times for each player, then it'd be impossible to get proof for that, due to the fact I was noted/banned for being somewhere on the map.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #476595

If it's two years ago. It's easier. You just find the day
Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #476597

NikNakFlak wrote:If it's two years ago. It's easier. You just find the day
Any specific logs I'd find for the first?

And for the second actually, I'm guessing combat logs obviously.

Thanks for the help.
Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #476617

https://pastebin.com/g2UqYnwc

Here's logs for note 2. I believe this is the whole round.
Logs shown are Attack and Admin PM's with Saeg.

Relevant people to Note 2, are:
Basilman (the mime)
Beesting (HoS)

Beesting said this in our talk on the situation:
"
GoopyToday at 19:28
so
it's the fuckery of like
my side of it is
me, another assistant and a mime were running because the captain demanded assistants to get executed if they didn't get a job
a security coems after us, places stunbaton on table on misclick, we're in maints at this point, we take it, stun him, cuff him, tie him to a chair, take his stuff, he radios in
you as the HoS comes along with other security
we fight it out between stunning and cuffing
we get quiet a bit of you
then we get another sec who comes, shoots us up and you guys beat us to death
saeg comes along, threatens perma over it, give us (the assistants) notes
BeeSting12Today at 19:30
I dont remember this very well. I'm sure I did it exactly as you described. I don't remember ahelping it and its not what id ahelp today but who knows maybe i did
"

I believe it was Chet Mantley (arnes1111) who reported it to Saeg.
Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #477296

Just go ahead and lock this appeal, keep the notes on my profile.