[gigapuddi420] lordekilly - permban/ban evasion misunderstanding

Appeals which have been closed.
dogking

[gigapuddi420] lordekilly - permban/ban evasion misunderstanding

Post by dogking » #476824

Byond account and character name: BIGDADDYDONALD/Cash King(?)
Banning admin: gigapuddi420
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban
Ban reason and length: "Day 0 account built a flamethrower and started to burn sections of the station until someone was eventually killed and they were PMed by an admin. Gave no clear reason for why. Suspected ban evader"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-02-12 18:59:24 EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: First of all, would like to say that I didn't realize that I wasn't logged onto my main account (lordekilly) so I can understand why the admin would've assumed that I was a ban evader (but I do think i've played on TG before, so I shouldn't be a day 0), but I admit making a flamethrower and shooting it down a hallway was a dumb idea. Didn't realize anyone walked into it or was affected by it, I didn't see anything on my screen during that round, only found out someone died when the admin told me so.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been playing on TG for years, I don't have notes (or at least i don't think i do) and i haven't had problems in a long time. I'm not a ban evader, so I don't see why I should be perma'd, if anything a day or so ban for the flamethrower BS is understandable, although it's almost been a day as is.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [gigapuddi420] lordekilly - permban/ban evasion misunderstanding

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #476847

When you fired your flamethrower into the dorms you managed to kill one guy. You shouldn't be casually firing a flamethrower down the halls in the first place regardless of whether you saw someone or not. Both the areas you burned up were in public areas with plenty of traffic and the plasma fire from a flamethrower will leave the atmos too hot for people long after the fire is gone. It also doesn't look good to come back with a new account, construct a weapon like a flamethrower and just start burning parts of the station.

Ah well, I agree you aren't a ban evader and you cared enough to come here and explain your reasoning. I'll reduce the ban to two days on the basis you killed someone and didn't seem to really care you were burning down sections of the station when brought up in PMs. I suggest you take more care from now on; you can always construct a safe area to test plasma reactions well away from any crew or station facilities. You should be un-banned now.

Oh, stick to one CKEY. Tell us which one of them you want to keep using and we'll ban the other. We only allow one CKEY on this server.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
dogking

Post by dogking » #476928

My main key is LordeKilly
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #476932

Alright, stick to that one from now on.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.