Appeals which have been closed.
boat
Byond Username: Boat148

[Shadowlight213] - monstama - Ban Evasion

Post by boat » #484459

Byond Account and Character Name: Boat148
Banning Admin: Shadowlight213
Ban type: StickyBan

Ban reason and length: Banned by host Reason:(StickyBan) You, or another user of this computer or connection (monstama) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is Ban Evasion This ban was applied by Shadowlight213 This is a BanEvasion Detection System ban, if you think this ban is a mistake, please wait EXACTLY 6 seconds, then try again before filing an appeal.
https://kayo.moe/aTfNPaoy.png

Time ban was placed: I have no idea.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): [/tg/Station Events Hall: Sseth overflow event. [ENGLISH] [US-EAST] [100% LAG FREE] — SSethfugee Welcoming Station 5

Your side of the story: I haven't played this game in years, and it's only today that I get the urge to play SS13 again.
I tried to join Welcome Station 5 to be greeted with a ban evasion system, and I have no recollection at all of ever using a username like that.
I'm even playing on a entirely new computer, besides the SSD.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel like this ban is a misunderstanding or falsely applied to myself, but in the scenario that it was actually me, I apologize. I still have no recollection of ever using a name like that, considering that when I used to play my old byond account always started with a boat and something else. I made a new account today since I don't have access to my old one. I hope to get a reply soon!
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Shadowlight213] - monstama - Ban Evasion

Post by Arianya » #484503

Just to confirm, Boat148 was made today.

Could you confirm (as best you can recall) what account(s) you used when you played years ago? It might give us a hint why you're being detected.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
boat

Post by boat » #484513

Arianya wrote:Just to confirm, Boat148 was made today.

Could you confirm (as best you can recall) what account(s) you used when you played years ago? It might give us a hint why you're being detected.
The earliest I can recall using Byond is back in early 2016, and I'm fairly sure that account's name started with Aya. but I can't recall the string of letters/numbers that came after it. And my old account I used to play SS13 on (albeit not on /tg/station), mid last year was Boat1jz for a few days, but I no-longer have access to the email associated with it. so I can't reset the password.

Looking forward to your reply.
boat

Post by boat » #484700

I don't want to be pushy, but is there any update on the status of my appeal?
boat

Post by boat » #484706

Also, I've found out what my oldest Byond account name was. It was AYA2JZGTE.

I'm hoping that if it's in your database or what you use to store bans, you can check it out for me. Although I'm fairly certain that the stickyban isn't meant for me, it's very possible I could be wrong. I was pretty young back then, so anything could've happened. So beforehand, I'd like to apologize again if you find any bans on record for it.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #485036

Hi, sorry for the delay.

We've exempted you from this ban, could you try connecting again and see if you get in?

boat

Post by boat » #485074

Arianya wrote:Hi, sorry for the delay.

We've exempted you from this ban, could you try connecting again and see if you get in?
Yup, It seems I can connect and get in now. Thank you!
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #485152

Since you can get back in, headmin gave me the go ahead to resolve this thread. Welcome back and have fun!