[Nervere] SirSeamonkey MetaComming

Appeals which have been closed.
FloobaYooba

[Nervere] SirSeamonkey MetaComming

Post by FloobaYooba » #489554

Byond account and character name: Sir Seamonkey (cant remember char name)

Banning admin: Nervere

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma Banned from servers and discord

Ban reason and length: Metacomming

Time ban was placed (including time zone): GMT+1 2019-04-14 03:09:48

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry

Your side of the story: I joined the discord for the first time last night and joined a channel where many people were discussing the round and such, I admittedly wasn't aware of metacomming rules and seeing many people discussing the round made me assume it was fine to do so also. I assisted people I talked to in the discord such as taking them to medbay and therefore altered the round with out of round knowledge.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I understand that I have broken an important rule, and that mistake is on me for not reading them enough to understand metacomming. It is my responsibly to read and adhere to those rules; I made a mistake and I do not contest that however I can say that I will certainly not make the same mistake again. I am relatively new to this game and I am still learning, TG is the only server I play on and I don't wish to switch over a simple misunderstanding.
Thank you for considering my appeal.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [Nervere] SirSeamonkey MetaComming

Post by MortoSasye » #489565

Hello, I must ask:

In one month of playing, why did you never read our server rules? Being new is not an excuse to avoid doing so, and you should be able to face the consequences of such actions.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #489569

It is worth nothing you lied in ahelps about it.
If you didn't know it broke rules why lie?
FloobaYooba

Post by FloobaYooba » #489593

MortoSasye wrote:Hello, I must ask:

In one month of playing, why did you never read our server rules? Being new is not an excuse to avoid doing so, and you should be able to face the consequences of such actions.
I did read them but I must not have understood metacomming, I made one mistake I am regretful of that, I just think I deserve a second chance concidering I wasnt even warned
FloobaYooba

Post by FloobaYooba » #489594

Dax Dupont wrote:It is worth nothing you lied in ahelps about it.
I am sorry I dont recall even speaking to an admin that round, let alone Ahelping. could you please provide an example
FloobaYooba

Post by FloobaYooba » #489599

Dax Dupont wrote:It is worth nothing you lied in ahelps about it.
Cant seem to reply to posts, I honestly dont recalled getting ahelped, this is my first banning offense of any kind, dont i remotely deserve a second chance? why permanently ban me with no chance of recovery??
FloobaYooba

Post by FloobaYooba » #489603

I understand how stupid it is of me to not fully understand the rules before playing however I think everyone makes mistakes like this. Since then I have fully read the rules in depth and I seriously understand how metacomming can be quite destructive to rounds and as the game as a whole. I would have stopped immediately had I been warned because I will always listen to the admins and be a respectful player, this is a serious fuck up on my part but I seriously hope I can show you this does not represent me at all and I would never break the rules conciously.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #489697

FloobaYooba wrote:

I understand how stupid it is of me to not fully understand the rules before playing however I think everyone makes mistakes like this. Since then I have fully read the rules in depth and I seriously understand how metacomming can be quite destructive to rounds and as the game as a whole. I would have stopped immediately had I been warned because I will always listen to the admins and be a respectful player, this is a serious fuck up on my part but I seriously hope I can show you this does not represent me at all and I would never break the rules conciously.
Someone, admittedly who wasn't an admin, warned you around 23 seconds in the video below. Collectively this warning was dismissed with a great deal of sarcasm. Immediately following this warning you wordlessly cloned Albatross.

[youtube]ttqx3c2-Upg[/youtube]
FloobaYooba

Post by FloobaYooba » #489702

bobbahbrown wrote:
FloobaYooba wrote:

Someone, admittedly who wasn't an admin, warned you around 23 seconds in the video below. Collectively this warning was dismissed with a great deal of sarcasm. Immediately following this warning you wordlessly cloned Albatross.

[youtube]ttqx3c2-Upg[/youtube]

I wasnt aware what the term metacomming was and therefore assumed he was talking to someone else :/. I do think how people responded to whoever was warning us was pretty disrespectful. I cannot stress enough that I would never break the rules again , cant I at least be given a second chance?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #489774

I saw nervere message both parties ingame I'll pull logs tomorrow
FloobaYooba

Post by FloobaYooba » #489809

Dax Dupont wrote:I saw nervere message both parties ingame I'll pull logs tomorrow
I honestly don't recall speaking to an admin that round at all.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #490000

I can't get the logs currently because raw logs is erroring for me.
FloobaYooba

Post by FloobaYooba » #490023

Dax Dupont wrote:I can't get the logs currently because raw logs is erroring for me.
Okay can you find out asap, questioning my sanity o.0
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #490915

I really fell behind on this one, sorry.
Dax confused you with someone else, I did talk to two of five parties involved in the round he witnessed, but you were not one of them.
My concern with you is that you had over 100 connections across a month on our servers: over such a period of time, you surely must have familiarized yourself with the rules. Even if you didn’t, ignorance is no excuse for breaking rules, especially a rule as serious as no metacomming. Further, you were told in voice chat that what you were doing was wrong, and your behavior didn’t change at all. I would be more forgiving if you were a new player, but after a month of playtime you should know the rules.

It is also worth mentioning that the activities you engaged in when metacomming were pretty bad. When the xenobiologist had been hurt/killed, you wordlessly rushed to his aid to help him. Later, when the HoP had been killed, you again wordlessly came to their aid to clone them. I don’t know what your connection was to these two people besides that they were also metacomming in VC, but those two I later also permabanned for their metacomms on here and /vg/. For your association with these two others as well as the other reasons I listed, I find it hard to trust your words and intent, so this is denied.
You may appeal again in three months, but I ask that you have a voucher from another server before you do.