[SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
SergeantSkread
Byond Username: SergeantSkread

[SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban appeal

Post by SergeantSkread » #494797

Byond account and character name: SergeantSkread. It's been so long thatI don't know what my character name was.
Banning admin: SubtleGraces
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: I'm banned permanently, the reason was: You're only here for Grief; Consistently terrible after just getting off a perma for rape. Please appeal on the forums once you feel you can handle the game a bit more maturely.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2013-10-21 10:24:54
Your side of the story: Its been like 5 years and honestly yo im really not that retarded anymore. Jusr want to chill out and play some ss13 with my bros. Full disclosure even though its all in the 4 (5?) Previous appeals, i did evade this ban a lot on server artyom in like 2014.
Niknakflak please be merciful and dont shitt on this appeal like u did the other ones. Seirously man im reformed its been half a decade ive spent more time banned on this server than i have unbanned by a ratio of like 5:1 lol but its not that funny to me legit i want to follow the rules and shit like ive been an admin and ive done the whole banning people for not following rules shtick in the meantime this summer ive come to learn forgiveness is a valuable trait of character to have bro.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban appeal

Post by elyina » #494908

It hasn't been a full year since your previous appeal.
Also just gonna say I have a hunch that you have not changed. You don't seem like the kind of person that can change. You've just typed the things into your appeal that you think people want to hear with no real meaning behind it.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #494987

You have a ban after the one you listed from Errorage, for threatening suicide.
It says a lot about your appeal that you didn’t give enough of a shit to follow the forum rules on appealing permabans, not to mention that half this appeal is one big run-on sentence.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but no forgiveness should be given to someone raping someone’s character, or someone who plays emotional terrorist with suicide threats.
Why should this appeal even be considered?
SergeantSkread

Post by SergeantSkread » #494991

Nervere wrote:You have a ban after the one you listed from Errorage, for threatening suicide.
It says a lot about your appeal that you didn’t give enough of a shit to follow the forum rules on appealing permabans, not to mention that half this appeal is one big run-on sentence.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but no forgiveness should be given to someone raping someone’s character, or someone who plays emotional terrorist with suicide threats.
Why should this appeal even be considered?
1. What rules dId I not follow? unless they changed, to my knowledge, this appeal is kosher.
2 I am on mobile so grammar is difficult sorry man

As to answer your second point

The rape ban was lifted and I proceeded to literally never do that again because it's fucking gross and weird and I'm not a literal 14 year old anymore

Lastly that errorage ban has never been a parameter in any other of my appeals but i'll still elaborate on it was as a result of shitposting on the ancient ss13.eu forums they had before this one. My shitpost was unfortunately taken seriously and I was banned off the forum and the server despite already being banned on server

Its been years and I deadass am not the same player I was then.
SergeantSkread

Post by SergeantSkread » #494992

elyina wrote:It hasn't been a full year since your previous appeal.
Word? I thought it was man, sorry.
SergeantSkread

Post by SergeantSkread » #496732

So um idk if I can bump this but here's some relevant info to make the admins jobs easier, these are the evasions that I did after my ban:

https://i.imgur.com/tXbRoo0.png
https://i.imgur.com/6MekJHB.png
https://i.imgur.com/k49dtFn.png

Edit for more clarification that I didn't put in my original post: A recurring topic on my appeals was that I needed to get a vouch, and while I outlined in my previous ones why I didn't play on other servers and as such couldn't get vouches {Didn't enjoy other servers very much, when I did play for a short while on baystation 12 I was a very lowkey player and as such no admins really could recognize me and provide a vouch}, I did manage to get Skorvold to say yes to vouching for me on IRC back then, though nothing ever came of it. Sadly I have no proof of that exchange and I don't expect him to remember it considering it's been so long ago.

If you guys really still want a vouch then I will take time to participate on another server and attain one.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #496996

To note, on the vouch point, you don't need to be a "high profile player" to get a vouch - arguably it's better if you aren't high profile.

All that we generally ask for a vouch is that you have a server you've been playing on with some regularity, and which we can ask about your behaviour (i.e. is one of the main SS13 servers)

It doesn't even really need a particular admin to vouch for you - the headmins can contact the host/headmins of the server and get it checked out. I'm sure Nervere or one of the headmins would be happy to ask Baystation12 about you and see if your record on there is clear.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
SergeantSkread

Post by SergeantSkread » #497224

I been banned there but like since I got unbanned I went legit
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #498824

This thread has been sitting a while, almost to the point where it's been a year since your previous. Vouchers have been mentioned, and I really would like to see one from you before letting you back on the server. Do you have any servers we can speak to about this? If not, would you be willing to play on another server for some time and then come back?
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #501698

This has been sitting here for a while no with no response. I'm going to resolve this thread, however with the caveat that SergeantSkread can apply again if they wish to. I would recommend getting some good playtime in on another server so you can show a clean record before you do, however.