[Blargety] Kerbin_Fiber - I Needed To Be Stopped, and I was. - Perma Ban

Post by Kerbin_Fiber » #495083

Byond account and character name: Kerbin_Fiber | Kerbin Fiber
Banning admin: Blargety
Ban type: All /tg/ Servers
Ban length: Permanent
Time ban was placed: 2019-3-31 06:30:07
Server you were playing when banned: Event Hall

Ban reason and length: As a non-antag managed to steal a desword from a traitor. Proceeded to go on a rampage killing multiple people for no reason. You did so on a server designated to help new players, and only did so as there was no admins online. Due to your past history with griefing and killing as non-antag I'm elevating this to a perma. Incredibly late, but after being banned evading on a separate account. Once found admitted to be addicted to SS13, and wouldn't evade again.

Your side of the story: After getting pissed off from some incident or other, probably a couple of shitty run-ins with new Sec Officers, I heard there was some traitor in Maint. From that, I decided I would go beat the traitor to make me feel like I did something good, to make me better than Security. I managed to find the tot and kill him. I started roving Maint for all the dead bodies, while looking for traitor gear. I found a PDA and opened it, only to find that it was open to the Syndicate Uplink. With exactly 16 TC I bought a Desword. With my newfound power, I wanted revenge on shithead security players, it was then that the red mist descended. I killed many, -many- people, including the AI and two or three borgs. As for evasion, (smallbrain maneuver incoming) my dumbass went and forgot that I had been permabanned from /tg/, and was attempting to circumvent internet restrictions at school, idled in the cargobay just marveling at my success, got caught, remembered what the fuck was up, made a snippy remark about being a Gamer Addict™ and promptly killed myself.

Why you think you should be unbanned: First, backstory. For a long time, I've only played as an assistant. Slowly over time, a small, persistent, boredom had arisen. With that boredom growing and itching at me, I began to push the limits of finding my own fun in the form of tiding. As I continued unimpeded, I pushed it farther and started participating in low-tier griefing and more extreme greytiding. This went on for a little under a year, (7-10 months roughly) with little to no admin intervention or punishment for my antics. Continuing uninhibited and feeling as if I were above the law somehow, this too came to bore me; eventually leading to bigger things, you know, like stealing a traitor's uplink, buying a desword, and slaughtering a station full of people who don't know how to play the game, and That One Time With The Supermatter Shards. Ya know, super shitty stuff no one should ever do. tl;dr I had to do more and more extreme things to feel that Rush™ and rarely got yelled at for my shittery until it reached critical mass. After spending time to think on this with a clear mind and speaking to some of my friends on the matter, (all of which unanimously said something along the lines of "Oh good, you finally got put into your place") I decided to take a much-needed break from SS13. I spent some of this time considering what made SS13 enjoyable in the first place, and how I had lost my way. Lets all take a moment to be honest with ourselves, there is no good reason a mediocre atmospherics simulator should ever have become a legitimately fun game, so something else has to be at work here. What makes SS13 truly special is the people you meet and the stories you make while you play, stories that you don't get to experience very often if you limit yourself to speedrunning the FBI's Most Wanted list and sending the responding officers to therapy. By getting myself into a rut like this, I closed off any opportunities to enjoy the game the way everyone else does. The initial wonder of this silly space game faded, and I squandered my chance at making a Decidedly Not Fun BYOND Game an enjoyable experience. That brings us to the here and now. What I've done is inexcusable, and I recognize that I'm owed nothing, but I would like to ask for a second chance. I understand that, if the ban were to be lifted, I'm on thin fucking ice. I can wholeheartedly swear to you that at this point, all I want is go back to simpler times of enjoying everyone's favorite autistic spessmen game like a normal human being.
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Re: [Blargety] Kerbin_Fiber - I Needed To Be Stopped, and I was. - Perma Ban

Post by Nalzul » #495679

Overall it's safe to say what you've done can't be forgiven given the extent in which you murderboned the designated noob zone as a non-antag, never mind the note history you have.
If you feel like you have truly changed and can manage yourself again feel free to join another server and have them vouch for you after 6-12 months. Otherwise this appeal is denied.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Blargety] Kerbin_Fiber - I Needed To Be Stopped, and I was. - Perma Ban

Post by Hulkamania » #495735

As Blargety is okay with it, you can appeal this again in 6 months rather than the usual year long restriction we have on perma appeals.

I'll be locking this thread now as it's resolved.