[Isratosh] Varied, jaaackx - I was dumb and ban evaded

Appeals which have been closed.
Jaaackx

[Isratosh] Varied, jaaackx - I was dumb and ban evaded

Post by Jaaackx » #495291

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Jaaackx, don't know character name at the time.
Banning admin: Not sure, says banned by host.
Ban type (What are you banned from?): ckey ban
Ban reason and length: Initially 3 day ban for BoH bombing the shuttle, extended to perm when I ban evaded.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 6:15am BST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I honestly have no clue, sorry.
Your side of the story: Initial ban was me being a bit touchy, overreacting and BoH bombing the shuttle. I'm still pretty new, I got trolled a lot of the previous round by a player and then they were RD and were making me make them into an AI with 0 experience the following round. I then got attacked by mechs in evac and the RD room kept getting destroyed. Just got annoyed, made the stupid decision to get another BoH and bomb the shuttle. Didn't realise how large the AoE was to be honest, the banning admin said I should have known better but I have only been playing for two weeks. I know it was a dumb place to test it and I'm sorry but it was a genuine mistake. This just annoyed me even more and I decided to be a dickhead and ban evade. Can't really explain it, was stupid and I'm sorry. Lied about being a ban evasion account on the account Jack2105, assumed it was caught due to the similar username and then got caught again on HelloWorld2000. Caused no trouble in game on either, just obviously doesn't look good. Really stupid of me, was just frustrated and decided I wanted to be a further asshole.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'd like the opportuning to play on tgstation again, it's the best server for newer players as far as I can tell and I'm enjoying it a lot. This was one dumb mistake which spiralled out of control, I'm really just looking for it to be reduced to like the original 3 day ban or something.
(Also apologies if I was supposed to link my byond account for this. The webclient is down, I tried contacting the guy the troubleshooting says but spotted a comment saying something along the lines of you can post ban appeals. Still wasn'tt sure but I figured I'd go for it.)
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Re: [Isratosh] Varied, jaaackx - I was dumb and ban evaded

Post by Isratosh » #495420

I'll lower it to two weeks. Evading a ban is almost always an instant permanent ban that is generally very difficult to appeal. I appreciate that you were apologetic in the appeal and not creating excuses.

I understand that it was a mistake that kept getting deeper and deeper, but I want to make sure you know that the original ban and this evading one will weigh heavily on any admin decisions regarding you in the near future. I would highly recommend you read the rules thoroughly and keep your nose clean to avoid finding yourself in the scrutiny of admins for the next little while. It will fade with time of course, but just be cautious.

Your other accounts will stay banned. Any instances of you evading a ban in the future will not be merciful.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
Jaaackx

Re: [Isratosh] Varied, jaaackx - I was dumb and ban evaded

Post by Jaaackx » #495434

Thank you!