[Coconutwarrior97] SirHats 7 day ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
FargothUr

[Coconutwarrior97] SirHats 7 day ban appeal

Post by FargothUr » #498244

Byond account and character name: SirHats, Bob blackstomper
Banning admin: Coconutwarrior97
Ban type (What are you banned from?): All
Ban reason and length: As a non-antag bartender BoH bombed the bar, however noone died. Repetaded incidents of grief, as well as a BoH bomb incident. Knock it off or else you\'ll be on the path to a permaban.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 03:21 GMT
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry
Your side of the story: I did BoH bomb my own bar, and I know it looks bad on me because I did it before, but I find this ban to be unreasonable, I warned everyone and gave them alot of time to evacuate the bar, I even spammed over comms for everyone to leave too, nobody died at all (except for me).
Why you think you should be unbanned: Most people on the server agreed that a 7 day ban was way too harsh for BoH bombing my own bar with no casualities, the admin in question was about to let me off until he saw my notes, which makes this ridiculous as he is essentially banning me what I have done in the past, and the fact that the BoH bombing I just did was completely harmless (expect for me cause I died), I even apologized for doing it and practically begged and pleaded, but he refused to listen to me.

Edit: Also, bearing in mind, the server was practically quiet and pretty much everyone was goofing off and breaking the rules, just added this in for context.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] SirHats 7 day ban appeal

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #498472

Alright so the "if everyone is breaking the rules I can also break the rules" line of thinking is wrong and isn't going to excuse this.

Secondly, yes, if your past actions are relevant to what you did its going to cause me to rule differently on it. At the time I thought this was a single incident , but once I looked through your notes I realized it wasn't. For example, if someone keeps killing people FNR I'm not going to keep giving them single daybans, I'm going to increase the times. While you obviously didn't kill anyone here the same principle applies.

Here are your past relevant notes relating to grief:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Griefing, either welderbombing, sabotaging the SM, or BoH bombing as a non-antag isn't allowed.This ban was meant to drive that home since you've had three past incidents which you haven't seemed to learn from.
FargothUr

Post by FargothUr » #498604

The problem I have with that line of thinking, however, is the fact that my previous BoH incident killed two people, and I only got banned for the amount of people I killed, bearing in mind, R&D got completely taken out too, meaning I also halted the progress of the game. Taking that all into factor, giving me a 7 day ban for BoHing a bar with no deaths, versus getting a 2 day for BoHing R&D and two people, comes off as unfair.

And yes, I understand that I shouldn't have broken the rules the times I griefed the server, however, I don't see why they should be taken into factor when what I did was completely harmless in comparison to my previous incidents.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #498786

I understand you didn't kill anyone with it, but that still doesn't change the fact that it happened. In my opinion a week ban is fair considering you've had two previous bans and a note directly relevant to what you did in this instance. What that showed to me is that you hadn't learned that grief of any kind isn't acceptable, and a heavier hand was needed to get the point across. I am denying this appeal on those grounds.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #499151

After some discussion with other admins I've decided to lower this to a five day ban. While BoH bombing is unacceptable, I appreciate that you went out of your way to warn others before BoH bombing your own department. That being said, going forward any further grief like this is going to be met harshly.