PhobosDeimos
Byond Username: HighWayStar

[hulkamania] highwaystar - double standards

Post by PhobosDeimos » #498915

The round ID is 110788

Byond account and character name: HighWayStar , Phobos Deimos

Banning admin: hulkamania

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban

Ban reason and length: "Respii loooooooooooooooves feet. He simply cannot get enough of they/them. When they/them thinks of those stinking, pungent holes that have probably been dilated on and drenched in the lovely nectar of sweat all day he can't help but feel ecstatic. Those little bits hanging off your crotch? Wubli would love to suck on each of those little piggies because they/them ximself, is a degenerate trap piggy." "i want his cunny" WESPI VOREWAMOS over the intercom as Captain, including some other rule 8 violating things. Has a history of bad behavior on the server on top of this.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Sunday, June 16, 2019, 3:33 PM Hawaii (GMT-10)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I say funny memes ( also known as copypastas )in space station video game to entertain both myself and my fellow players.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Though my many jokes and japes i've managed to offend NOONE besides the banning admin himself. Upon speaking to the main victim ( Respii ) they said they were NOT offended and didn't want the admin to pursue any disciplinary action, something hulk completely ignored.
Onto the second """victim.""" An innocent bystander caught in the crossfire of 1 mans war on jokes. Their inclusion in the copypasta above was purely accidental, something i explicitly stated in one of my PM's. Also ignored.

I hardly see how the inclusion of 1 admins name in a joke announcement is enough to constitute a perma ban. Unless there is something more that im missing, or if this is the product of something more personal, I feel that a perma ban is too much.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [hulkamania] highwaystar - double standards

Post by Hulkamania » #498920

This single announcement wasn't the only incident that happened this round, but was the most egregious example of it. Even if it's a copy pasta doesn't suddenly make it okay, and "accidentally" including an unwilling participant in the sexually creepy announcement doesn't somehow absolve you of all responsibility. You spent the entire round saying creepy sexual things to and about other players, you started talking in ooc about wanting to lick my boots and stomp on your face when I started the ticket to talk to you about your behavior, and you showed no remorse or regret for the fact that you included someone who is not okay with it in our conversation or here in this appeal.

You have a record of bad behavior on our server amassing 22 notes, not counting the one from this ban. I spoke with Respii and while they admitted it didn't bother them personally, they also agreed the behavior was creepy in the first place.

I'm going to quote rule 8 here
Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.
I would definitely say that making an announcement to the whole station about how much another player is a 'degenerate trap piggy" could be construed as sexual by an unwilling participant.

Even if you did all this "accidentally" or "as a joke" that doesn't make it okay. Doing something and finding out later that it was against the rules does not suddenly absolve you of responsibility.

This appeal is denied on these grounds, the other headmins may reply if they wish. I'm leaving the thread open for now if you wish to respond to anything I've said here.
PhobosDeimos
Byond Username: HighWayStar

Post by PhobosDeimos » #498927

I'm just confused on why this is a perma ban.
When (((uncle))) has been around for 5 times as long as me.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #498929

I cannot speak for other admins and why they chose or did not choose to act on other situations. However, I am choosing to act on this situation and determined a permaban would be the best. Based on your behavior in this round and the behavior you've shown in the past you are not someone worth keeping in the community.