[Admin unknown] Asm7 - note regarding aimbot

Appeals which have been closed.
asm7
Byond Username: Asm7

[Admin unknown] Asm7 - note regarding aimbot

Post by asm7 » #503237

Byond account and character name: Asm7 - Imani Bicknell/Mark Stahl/Angela Ziegler

Banning admin: Unknown

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note

Ban reason and length: "Is using the middle click aimbot exploit" - aimbot

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-03-06 05:56:07 (EST)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil, most likely

Your side of the story: I am not even sure what round the note is referencing as I only discovered the note today (7/14/19). I don't remember being bwoinked over this issue, which leads me to believe that this note was attached to me in error. I did not know that an exploit existed, let alone how to perform it, so it seems unreasonable to attach the note. As far as I know, middle clicking simply switches the active hand.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I did not knowingly exploit the game in order to gain some sort of advantage over another player, so I assume the note was attached in error.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [Admin unknown] Asm7 - note regarding aimbot

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #503239

It's a automatic note applied not by a admin but by a bot that responds to a particular exploit or at least something that looks like it. I imagine headmins will have to be the ones to pick this up.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
asm7

Post by asm7 » #503241

Thanks for the quick reply. Just did not want to seem like a cheater.
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #503242

The note add is triggered by clicking too many times (currently 400) within a single minute. That's about 6.67 clicks per second, which isn't "normal" gameplay, but is humanly plausible.

Round 103073: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 3/game.txt
[2019-03-06 05:56:07.056] GAME: Asm7/(Imani Bicknell) is using the middle click aimbot exploit
[2019-03-06 05:56:07.264] GAME: Asm7/(Imani Bicknell) Has hit the per-minute click limit of 400 clicks in a given game minute
asm7

Post by asm7 » #503246

I think I remember this - either there was lag on my end or on the server's and I was trying to break open a locker with a crowbar. Hope that explains some things.
asm7

Post by asm7 » #503247

In hindsight, it was dumb on my end and I should have known better that clicking like that wouldn't make it go any faster.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #503248

actually it's triggered both by having your middle mouse button down, which usually indicates the person doing it was abusing an exploit relating to the fact you could middle mouse click on an object and it would be autotargeted for all the left click attacks.
asm7

Post by asm7 » #503251

I see. I may have hit middle mouse while spam clicking, but I hope you won't hold it against me since I was hitting a stationary locker. Either way, it was nice to get clarification about the note. Thanks, guys.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #503252

The 400 clicks a minute thing is an intentional red herring to hide how it was detecting the aimbot exploit.

What it does is count clicks that involve a middle click being held down and a left click and release as multiple clicks, depending on how long ago the middle mouse hold was started. 1 click for every 1/10 of a second.

edit: The exploit and aimbot program existed since late 2018, and this was only triggered by op once in march, also the exploit can not be triggered anymore this note can safely be removed.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #504040

I'm going to remove this note so we can consider it resolved.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?