[Stickymayhem] Nostalgia bringing me back.

Appeals which have been closed.
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

[Stickymayhem] Nostalgia bringing me back.

Post by Calibraptor » #503974

Byond account and character name: Calibraptor
Discord ID: Cal#8994
Banning admin: Stickymayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent server ban as well as discord ban
Ban reason and length: Image
Time ban was placed (including time zone): As seen in image.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): No clue.
Your side of the story:

So, I don't fully remember the full details of what lead up to the final perma-ban considering it's been close to a year and a half since then. But I'll try to summarize it as best I can.

I was banned from the server for something or other, I strongly disagreed with the decision and proceeded to spill salt all over discord about it, to the point where multiple people were telling me to shut up for my own good. I didn't shut up, and continued leveling accusations of admin conspiracies and attacking the banning admin until enough suitably high ranking admins got annoyed enough to ban me from both discord and the game server permanently.

I then decided, in my immense wisdom, to try and evade the ban, which I did somewhat successfully for a whole 10 minutes before somebody put 2 and 2 together and the ban went from an easily appeal-able "cool the hell down bro" type of ban to a perma-ban for evasion. Pretty sure I gave it a few more cracks (Don't let the admin conspiracy win!) until I decided to take it as an opportunity to wash my hands of the game for a while.

I'm sure there's a lot of details I'm missing (and don't really care to look up for the sake of my own sanity).

Why you think you should be unbanned:

It's been more than a year since then. While I'm not the best judge of my own character I'd probably say I've mellowed out a bit since then, at least to the point where I can take a step back, realize it's a video game, and try not to take thing so deadly serious all the time.

I've gotten a boyfriend, moved jobs, and joined a fandom I used to mercilessly poke fun of in OOC chat.

I figure the pretty significant span of time that has passed since then gives me a decent opportunity to come back with a (figuratively) clean slate, assuming ya'll are willing to welcome me back.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [Stickymayhem] Nostalgia bringing me back.

Post by Dax Dupont » #503995

The original ban felt relevant to mention since it's an active perma in it's own:

Also it might be asked from the banning admin that you get a reference from another server. It might be wise to prepare this already so your ban appeal will go through faster since a lot of ban appeals have been stalling.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #504004

This ban occurred in round 85529, and was placed after the user had disconnected. I believe it is worth mentioning, as the ban reason is vague, that the player joined as the HoS [Jude Junebug] 15 minutes into the round, and within three minutes of joining committed suicide. (src, statbus, scrubby)

Code: Select all

[12:40:50]ACCESS: Mob Login: Calibraptor/(Jude Junebug) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
[12:43:06]GAME: Calibraptor/(Jude Junebug) (job: Head of Security) committed suicide at Security Office.
[12:45:08]ACCESS: Logout: Calibraptor/(Jude Junebug)
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #504024

Glad you're feeling better my dude.
Spoiler:
I'll unban you if you tell me the fandom
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Calibraptor

Post by Calibraptor » #504055

Stickymayhem wrote:Glad you're feeling better my dude.
Spoiler:
I'll unban you if you tell me the fandom

Check out my fursona
Calibraptor

Post by Calibraptor » #504270

Noticed I'm able to join the server again, should I make a separate appeal for the discord ban?