Appeals which have been closed.
HomoBird

[TheChosenEvilOne] <Honda Mothra> Bab Appeal

Post by HomoBird » #520077

BYOND account: <HomoBird>
Character name: <Honda Mothra>
Ban type: <Improper escalation>
Ban length: <1 Day>
Ban reason: <Killed the CMO for suspicion of them stealing their heirloom latern when they in fact did not. You already have multiple notes about improper escalation and you didn\'t even attempt to clone/revive the CMO.>
Time ban was placed: <10:38:33>
Server you were playing on when banned: <Server Terry>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <121752>
Your side of the story: <At the start of the round, Tawia the HoP handed All-Access to the people and I was one of them, I was doing nothing on the round just walking around and decided to stay afk a bit, when I came back I found my ID stolen by the CMO and when I saw him, I fired at him with a Disabler and hand-cuffed him always telling him I just wanted my ID back and nothing else, he cried for help and a borg came to flash me and then he ordered the borg to kill me, the borg luckily didn't comply with it despite the CMO telling it numerous times to kill me, Tawia came, stunned me and after some running Tawia took my family heirloom and left, then I killed the CMO for two reasons, at first I thought it was the CMO who took my lantern because he was next to it, and the second reason was trying to have the borg to kill me when I didn't harm him at any time, kept telling him about wanting my ID back and that's it, I killed him because if the borg had comply I would be the one dead and I would have been killed indirectly by him.

Another thing is the reason of the ban, specifically the "Didn't even attempt to clone/revive the CMO", there was a MEDIC next to me in the scene, he took the body and placed it on a stasis bed to resurrect him, I, an Assistant, thought it was better to have the MEDIC revive him through surgery rather than just directly cloning him with all the side-effects it can have, this annoys me because he didn't even ask me why didn't I clone or try to resurrect him because I would have answered, it looks like I just left him there while that was not the case with a medic being next to me.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <I don't feel like the reason was just and I feel like the ban was more based on past warnings rather than the event itself, I don't know why after all I told him he only lists the Family Heirloom part as part of the ban as if he didn't read the rest of the things I told him, I don't think I bring anything special that anyone else can't do, sometimes im a bit of a jerk but other times I do my best to help the station in various tasks, I mostly play Assistant because I can't manage hard jobs very well outside of Shaft-Miner which is often full.>
References of good conduct: <I never have been banned permanently, when I got banned I don't really play on other servers because the differences are annoying for me, I like how this server feels both in mechanics and movement speed, etc. so I can't really bring good conduct examples from another servers, I know that when im a jerk some might hate me but when I try to help and save people I think some people likes it when I really try to save people even from hard situations.>
TheChosenEvilOne
Byond Username: TheChosenEvilOne

Re: [TheChosenEvilOne] <Honda Mothra> Bab Appeal

Post by TheChosenEvilOne » #523603

Sorry for the really late reply, but I have always forgotten or been too busy when I remember/been reminded to reply to this.

Right, so:
"Didn't even attempt to clone/revive the CMO" was mainly because you husked the CMO and when you didn't find the lantern and then you just ran off to find the HoP, you should have at least made sure the CMO was getting revived. And if I remember this correctly when you ran off the medic hadn't even touched the body yet.
And yes, the ban was because you already had been warned of similar situations, otherwise I would have just left it as a note instead of a ban.
Also when you shot the CMO down with the disabler and cuffed them you hadn't said anything about your ID prior to that and not only that the CMO also had said:
[2019-10-19 10:07:56.791] SAY: 10:07:56.791] SAY: Shortlamont/(Jerry Willey) "ITS IN CARGO" (Chief Medical Officer's Office (95, 100, 2))
after you had said that you were looking for your ID.

I hope this explains the reasoning behind the ban, also I can make the note "more correct" but I will not remove it.
h