[NecromancerAnne] Vondiech - Some questions and a slight apology

Appeals which have been closed.
Mrhugo13
Byond Username: VonDiech

[NecromancerAnne] Vondiech - Some questions and a slight apology

Post by Mrhugo13 » #527667

BYOND account: Vondiech
Character name: Deesei-Na was the name i had during the offense (i usually go by Elektrisk-Rymd-Man)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 31 days (Ends next year on January the 4th)
Ban reason: "In the round 108752, you uploaded over 1000 uses of the reset board on the rounds AI. You then openly and flagrantly bragged about this fact on the /tg/ discord server months after (4/12/2019) and claimed there is a statue of limiations on this kind of behavior. Given you have a month prior to this incident a note for spam, and this is so extreme and horrible and you belive yourself completely immune to reprecussion, I am here to show you that is not true, and you should be more careful about where you brag. For Clarification:
Spoiler:
This ban (BanID #44570) was applied by NecromancerAnne on 2019-12-04 11:40:32 during round ID 125060. The ban is for 31 days and expires on 2020-01-04 11:40:32 (server time)"
Spoiler:
Time ban was placed: As shown above, 2019-12-04 11:40:32.
Server you were playing on when banned: I wasn't playing during the time of the ban, but the server where i did this was on Terry.
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID 125060
Your side of the story: I'm not exactly here to appeal, more to question about it, what was described in the ban was right, and, since i wasn't told by any admins (because they weren't on) during me doing this, i admittedly went way overboard (i'm a bit terrible when it comes to determining what certaint things might be too much).
Why you think you should be unbanned: This is most likely gonna be me questioning stuff (despite the fact this section is more for arguing me being unbanned) and probably mixed excuses as to why i thought it was okay.
I'm gonna begin with a few questions, one, was this ban discussed with other admins, and if so, what were their opinions on this?
Two, why did you include "bragging" when, at best (atleast what i have from memory) i referred to it was my "Best prank" and not much higher, really, though i will admit that it might've been a shitty prank at that.
and finally. Third, did the AI who i spammed the reset laws with ask for help or for me to be stopped in ahelps?

Now comes the part where i explain one thing about my ban reason and pretty much apologize for the rest.

Now if i remember correctly, the spam note from about a month ago was for when i spammed my "I Have A Dream - Senator Armstrong (SS13 edition)" book in commons (admittedly i was bored out of my mind because i realized that the curator is a really terrible and quite annoying job on the station), i do admit to doing this, however as i said before... I'm bad at telling the line between doing something that is not okay and something that is perfectly okay without having an admin come in and clear things up for me, and when an admin told me to stop my spamming, i complied (atleast this is how i remember it, i might be wrong and might've acted like a shithead anyway in the bwoink but my memory isn't the greatest story teller)

Now, onto the actual apology, i'll admit that what i did was terrible (as others put it), and me going on about "statute of limitations" was me not knowing that something i did 6 months ago could get me banned nearly 20000~ rounds later.
I thought this was mostly not gonna be a problem to me, as i do remember showing plapatin and multiple others this, like plapatin when, as i think he was an admin at the time, what i had done
Spoiler:
And generally only having either meme responses or just suggestings admins should've done something, like making the AI malf, at the time.
And i do admit that the "There were no admins at the time" was a pretty garbage response, what i should've said instead (looking back on it now) is that i'm rather terrible with understanding what is not okay to do with the rules, and what is okay to do.

In the end, looking back at it, i probably should've stopped quickly after doing roughly 10-20 law resets as a quick joke and nothing more. Instead i acted, admittedly, terribly, and went ahead and probably ruined a major part of someones round in a way that i, quite frankly, really shouldn't have done.
References of good conduct: I haven't gotten much time to play on other servers (since this was 2 days ago) but i have mostly been playing on TGMC recently (even participating in a minor test-round about shields with Rohesie as my TGMC character, Shuck.)
Last edited by Mrhugo13 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: NecromancerAnne Vondiech - Some questions and a slight apology

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #528544

I suggest formatting your post
Also since I'm here I guess I'll do the bees job;
Round on which the spamming happened:scrubby, statbus, raw
Round on which the ban was placed:scrubby, statbus, raw
Mrhugo13

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Vondiech - Some questions and a slight apology

Post by Mrhugo13 » #528563

Fixed a few formatting issues & fixed the name according to the logs given.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #529381

I do apologize for not getting back to you on this very quickly as I have been very busy over the course of the last week IRL.

I went about the matter of investigating the incident after you posted what you did in the discord. I asked admins on at the time to help me locate the logs, as I wanted to see it for myself and I can't connect to Terry. I then talked with them about the matter and what would be an appropriate punishment if any for what is a fairly serious case of grief. And then I applied the ban. Simply put, I don't think anyone cared to tell me no, and I genuinely didn't even know you've brought this story up several times. So let's talk about that.

I asked plapatin about the matter after the appeal was put up and I got a fairly lukewarm response. His response to you there was not in any sense approval of what you did, but he also didn't feel it necessary to ban you after this amount of time. Whether he felt I should unban you or not was not expressed to me, and additionally I don't know if it was due to him feeling there was a statute of limitations or whether it was that he didn't feel it was worth the effort also wasn't made clear.

So, three things: one, you apparently felt the need to repeatedly tell people about this and flaunt it to others given you have another instance of an admin being made aware of this. Two, just because that admin doesn't act upon this at the time doesn't necessarily mean you're safe from action, since we don't keep tabs on every single thing other admins do or see and whether they act upon this or not does not have any impact on another admins actions. It'd have to be in the capacity of a headmin whether his opinion matters or not and plapatin would have to come into this thread to share that. Three, your note about spam is a generically worded and uninsightful note that didn't expressly explain what spam occured and what severity. So given the timing I can only assume the worst in contrast to what is, quite frankly, the worst upload spam I've ever seen.

I feel no need to reduce the ban. You would have received an equally severe punishment had I caught you at the time it occurred. I'll otherwise leave this to the headmins to respond and evaluate.

It's 1000 uploads. Over the course of 30 minutes. Jesus christ, mate, what were you thinking?
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #529396

It's probably worth including here that law changes and resets cause a lot of chat spam every time. This caused at least one of the silicons to have repeated client crashes and general lag. If we assume average distribution of law updates over 30 minutes you would have been resetting once every 1.5 seconds, and anyone who have been on the receiving end of buckshot before the chat lag was reduced can draw their own conclusions as to the experience of the silicons this round.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #529496

On that note, were you using an autoclicker or something or did you quite literally sit there for 30 minutes putting the reset board into the upload?
Mrhugo13

Post by Mrhugo13 » #529574

I'm intending to leave this ban appeal alone for now until headmins respond, but no, i wasn't using an autoclicker, i did quite literally sit there for 30~ minutes putting the reset board into the upload.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #531423

There is no need to continue this thread. You were intentionally causing a spam of inputs and were bragging about it, then got punished for it. You knew you were being a shithead and then got upset when someone responded appropriately to you being a shithead.