Slum Lord
Byond Username: InquisitorJohn

[Coconutwarrior97] InquisitorJohn - The Mime Suplex Saga

Post by Slum Lord » #537172

BYOND account: InquisitorJohn
Character name: Bobman Bobberton Jr.
Ban type: Server.
Ban length: ONE WHOLE DAY.
Ban reason: As a security officer tabled a mime for writing on paper instead of emoting, also said, "Suck my fucking big Security cock." A higher level of role play is expected here, that does not include acting like an asshole security officer who does these kinds of things.
Time ban was placed: 2020-01-24 01:40:24.
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 128806.

Your side of the story:

I had no intention to appeal this in the first place. But since an Admin told me to, I might as well. For the sake of saving everyone some time I bothered to save the logs from the round. Take into account that since BYOND is beyond shit, it also saved the logs from the round prior to that one and cut out the end of the one the appeal is about. The first round is just a run of the mill Wiz round. Fortunately, though, the end bit of the last round isn't important since it's just me making my case to the Bwoinkman that banned me moments later. If need be, I'm sure you can read those logs with the Round ID. Without further ado:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hw3 ... 23002.html

The round starts about when I say 'A GIRL SECURITY?', if you CTRL + F it.

To preface with some context; I main Bobman as Security Officer most of the time. Only recently have I started to play tg properly, around the time Manuel was made, and typically played Bagil. Few years ago or so I played on and off since I was largely used to Baycode. When I figured out that there was now a server with tgcode and roleplay, I was hype as fuck about it since I'm a bit of an RPfag.

I've mained Security across the servers I've played for years now because crayon eating is in my blood. That doesn't mean, however, that I play a bad Officer. Being familiar enough with how Security works means that I specifically go out of my way to try and be kind to antags and the crew alike. Whether it's always attempting to talk to a suspect before making any sort of arrest or doing my best effort to set someone who is actually innocent free, I really do try to make things as interesting as I can for everyone.

That also does not mean that I play Officer Fedora McNiceguy. Bobman specifically is meant to be an asshole character and I have other characters that are complete polar opposites in terms of politeness. Not in the way that he goes out of his way to be corrupt, or that he harmbatons the ever living shit out of every traitor he comes across. But in the way that he has a sailormouth and is just rude in general. The kindness principle still applies, and it's shown in both the rounds that show up in the logs. He speaks like a cunt and acts like a cunt, but he doesn't doesn't do his job like a cunt. It's roleplay. I was bwoinked by the same Admin that banned me right before they brought up the tabling and 'cock' thing about the investigation I was doing on the traitor Mime. He checks twice to see if I'm doing a shit investigation - which I'm not, and he says so himself - and clears me of any illdoings about improperly arresting the Mime. The logs show it well enough.

Onto the round and ban specifics though:

The first of the two offenses I was banned for was tabling a mime because they wrote on paper instead of emoting what they needed to say.
Spoiler:
Noiseless Nya points at Bobman Bobberton Jr..
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " PATROL OFFICER MIME. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " YOU'RE NEEDED FOR ACTIVE DUTY. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I swear. "
Noiseless Nya looks confused
[Common] Jebediah Twinkleton says, " I appear to be incapable of creating a pestle for my mortar and pestle. This displeases me. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I will kill you if you write on that. "
You can taste smoke.
[Common] Miria Monteith asks, " AI, might you be willing to open EVA storage, so that some of us may free ourselves from this accursed station blueprint in search of ruins and riches? "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Mime your words out. "
[Common] The Automated Announcement System coldly states, " Elysius Languida has signed up as Station Engineer "
[Common] Sasha Markson exclaims, " I æm nøv Svedish, nerds. Bork, bork, bork! "
Noiseless Nya stares blankly
You can taste smoke.
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Mimes who write on paper get suplexed. "
Noiseless Nya throws the paper.
[Common] WAU states, " Go ask the HoP acting captain for access Jebdiah Twinkleton "
That's a paper.
It is a tiny item.
Alt-click the paper to fold it into a paper plane.
You grab Noiseless Nya passively!
You grab Noiseless Nya aggressively!
Bobman Bobberton Jr. slams Noiseless Nya onto the table!
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " DAB. "
You can taste smoke.
[Engineering] Elysius Languida asks, " How's it going? "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Mime reported that the lawyer is a Syndie. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Mime reported that the lawyer is a Syndie. "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Also. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Also. "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I forgot the lawyer is on this channel. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I forgot the lawyer is on this channel. "
The Mime came to me to report that the Lawyer was a criminal, which is what she wrote on the paper in the first place. What the paper said exactly was literally "lawyer = criminal". I still can't get it through my head that I have to defend the fact that I suplexed a Mime over writing, but here goes.

It was just a really dumb joke, and one that I roleplayed through. As soon as the Mime came up to me and placed some paper on the table next to us, I knew they were about to write instead of actually doing mime things, so I warned I would table them if they didn't. You know. Emote. Like they were already doing. It's really not that hard to emote 'lawyer = criminal'. I have a Mime character that has emoted their way out of an entire trial in Manuel already.

They wrote down what they didn't mime out, and as I warned them I would, I grabbed them and tabled them. It did a little damage and I said 'DAB', then casually walked off and started investigating the claim that the Lawyer was a traitor. Lo and behold, the Lawyer ran the fuck away from Security and sprinted into Maints instead of allowing themselves for a little questioning regarding the claim. That instantly branded him as a suspect and we started talking to him over Security comms.

That's where the second offense comes in. The ban reason makes it a little bit misleading. I didn't table the Mime and told them to suck my cock. I tabled the Mime for writing instead of miming, then walked off. The 'Suck my fucking big Security cock' was in response to the Lawyer, Percy Simple, threatening me over Security comms that they would let Central know about this whole 'we're arresting you for running when we're trying to question you' ordeal that they would have me demoted and fired. The logs for that are these:
Spoiler:
[Security] Stanley Boolio says, " Ok well Percy ran the fuck off when I was trying to ask him about the mime and now has turned off his suit sensors. "
[Supply] Kimir Chail slurs, " I'm cumiiinnggg bahck ahffter' this ashchtormmm, be' prepahred for ahn ak'ttooal ahmooooont of mats "
Astor Nicholas accidentally steps on the mousetrap.
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Okay, time to kill the Lawyer. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Okay, time to kill the Lawyer. "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Set him to arrest. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Set him to arrest. "
[Security] Stanley Boolio says, " So do with that knowledge what you will "
[Engineering] Elysius Languida flutters, " It is not "
Payday processed, account now holds 910 cr.
The book inventory management console beeps, " Printer unavailable. Please allow a short time before attempting to print. "
[Engineering] Elysius Languida flutters, " Guess it's my time to shine "
[Security] Lina Hynes says, " Well "
[Security] Lina Hynes says, " Lawyer detainment time "
After a few attempts, you manage to light the cheap lighter.
After some fiddling, Bobman Bobberton Jr. manages to light the cigarette with the cheap lighter.
You quietly shut off the cheap lighter.
You can taste smoke.
[Common] Honk Man says, " I think the HOS is scared of me. I cant blame them. Id be terrified of me as well "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Never trust bureaucrats. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Never trust bureaucrats. "
[Security] Lina Hynes says, " Stop using the comms to talk about them, they have it "
You can taste smoke.
[Common] Honk Man says, " You should never trust a clown growing bananas "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " If they actually cared about justice and THE LAW, they would enforce it themselves. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " If they actually cared about justice and THE LAW, they would enforce it themselves. "
You can taste smoke.
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Fuck you, Lawyer. You're going to eat my boot. "

-

[Security] Percy Simple says, " You fuckers are too damn slow and stupid to catch a catman "
Sasha Markson is trying to inject you with X Ray Vision injector!
Head of Personnel's Desk Announcement:
Good morning crew. 20 minutes into the shift and you've already managed to completely use up all my patience. Congratulations, I'm going to get drunk and pass out in my office.
Sasha Markson injects you with the syringe with X Ray Vision injector!
The walls suddenly disappear!
You feel cold.
[Engineering] Baldric Goebbles asks, " You need N2 cans? "
[Security] Percy Simple says, " Try a little better next time, moran "
[Common] Asim Al-Khalili says, " Who the fuck shocked the back door of the kitchen "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " NICE. "
Sasha Markson asks, " Working? "
Sasha Markson says, " Neat "
You can taste smoke.
[Security] Percy Simple says, " Slow ass detective is the worst of the bunch "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Thanks, girl. "

-

[Security] Percy Simple says, " Do you have any reason to detain me? nope. Do you have any reason to chase me? nope. You're too goddamn paranoid, and you should be fired. "
[Common] Kristopher Callison exclaims, " Who wants to write their very own book? Come on down to the library and I'll see what I can do! "
You gnaw the burger.
You can taste smoke, meat and dough.
You gnaw the burger.
[Security] Percy Simple exclaims, " I'm reporting all this to CentComm, kiss your sweet ass, and pension, goodbye! "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Suck my fucking big Security cock. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Suck my fucking big Security cock. "
You can taste smoke.
[Security] Stanley Boolio says, " This nigger dumb as hell boys "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Even if you get me fired, I'm going full rogue to bust your ass. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Even if you get me fired, I'm going full rogue to bust your ass. "
[Security] Lina Hynes says, " Percy "
[Security] Lina Hynes says, " It's in your best interest to work with us "
The Detective smacked him down with baton literally seconds after that last post, I went over to the Maints where he was smacked down and cuffed him to haul to the Brig. There's really nothing to explain here. He threatened me, I told him to suck my dick. The Mime later blew up the Brig because they were a traitor, too, so that's fun.

Those are two offenses I was banned for.

BUT SLUM LORD/INQUISITORJOHN/CRAYON EATING RETARD, WHY ARE YOU APPEALING A ONE DAY BAN???

Because there's something that really bothers me here. What 'higher standards of roleplaying' actually means. I have never ever gotten a solid response from an Admin as to what that means. The best I've gotten is a Trial Admin on the /tg/ discord saying that they just ripped off Goon's rules and are loosely enforcing them as they see fit, then told me to get fucked because 'We don't want an Officer who violently beats people' and appeal. Hence why I'm appealing. I can provide screenshots if necessary, but for now it's irrelevant to the topic. Every conversation with an Admin over the topic I've had in Manuel ends up in them saying 'We want higher standards of roleplaying' or 'This is an MRP server'. What even is an MRP server to the people that bwoink me? As far as I know, MRP consists of players having characters that have at least some sense of a story/background/personality to them and act accordingly to that story/background/personality. That doesn't excuse rulebreaking, of course, but there's no rules broken here. I didn't end someone's round, I didn't shittalk someone in OOC. I'm just roleplaying.
Spoiler:
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from- Coconutwarrior97 : I get the idea you just like to have fun, but again its expected you roleplay a bit more here. So tabling the mime for that, and saying things like, "Suck my fucking big Security cock." . Is kind of against that whole idea, I'll make this a half day ban mainly because you already have a note for similar behavior on this server.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
I tabled a Mime for not miming. I told a Lawyer traitor who kept running to suck my cock in response to them threatening to have my job. I'm roleplaying. Roleplaying an Officer who swears like a sailor and insults people he doesn't like and their mother is roleplay.

Needless to say, Coconut didn't care to discuss it with me at all. The whole thing ended in a ban despite me trying to make my case to him. The logs end just before I post a full paragraph summarizing what I've said here. But, I can't really say much on that without the rest of the logs to back it up.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I'm just trying my best to get some roleplay going and do some proper Security work. Sure, the logs of a round where a Wiz was doing a number on the station and of a round where the Lawyer was so pissed at being sold out by the traitor Mime that he ragequit in the Interrogation room don't show it too well, but I've had amazing rounds with some players that honestly class as good memories. I always try my best to make sure I'm doing the job right and if I get into a banter match with somebody, that it's memorable at least. I don't think I have a verifiable way of proving that I try my best with Security aside from my word and the logs showing me trying to talk with suspects before attempting an arrest. That's about it.

References of good conduct:

Somewhere in between 4-6 years of maining Security like the true crayon eater I am. I have no idea how to actually prove this, though. I also write full-length emotes like a true RPfag when I can get roleplay going.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] InquisitorJohn - The Mime Suplex Saga

Post by RaveRadbury » #537180

links: src, Statbus, Scrubby,
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #537197

I was the mime.

I was walking around doing literally nothing of interest or ill intent, when the lawyer threw a flashbang at me in front of the HoPline.
I then took the secway from them and hid it, because why the hell did the lawyer have it in the first place, and I felt they didn't need to continue to have it as a nifty accessory to their minging.
Lawyer then proceeds to obsessively shove me, slip me, spam fire alarms in the main hallway, bola me.

I gave you the note to convey this quickly, because I was the victim of some (admittedly minor) crimes and you were a sec officer. Exactly what the fuck did you want me to pantomime out there? Carrying a briefcase and being an asshole? Who the fuck cares?

Our next interaction later on is you arresting me because you insist I have finger guns, which I did not, not sure how I'm even supposed to prove that I don't. I wasn't even a traitor. I didn't resist arrest at all (and believe me, I know how to if I really want to) and after searching me and finding nothing, you opt to neither release me nor give me access to a pen and paper, and instead demand that I break vow of silence to defend myself over a crime I never committed in the first place, which I decided I would have no part in. Believe it or not, forcing me to discard the one fun/unique ability mimes have -breaking vow of silence disallows you from using mime walls again- didn't come across as a charitable gesture, especially from the same person who earlier threw me onto a table and dabbed because I WROTE TWO WORDS conveying a crime to them in good faith. So I tab out of the game and nothing much happens for the next 10-20 minutes.

Then some time later the HoS tables me and shotguns me to death in the interrogation room, which was a nice punctuation mark to a shift spent doing nothing but getting tided and sitting in the brig for crimes I didn't commit, and I disconnect.
Don't have much to say about your ban being deserved or not, but as somebody who plays a lot of sec myself, I can offer this; you're a dummy and suck at it, based on this round. Go back to the drawing board.
Slum Lord

Post by Slum Lord » #537200

t. plays mime for black and white skirt

Did I expect the Mime to mime? Yes, I expected the Mime to mime. The sheer minor-ness of being tabled for not miming out your actions is just the pettiest shit possible to ever get held accountable. It's just a regular SS13 interaction.

Read the logs. When you came up to me, we had no major threats at the time. I had already stopped you two from fighting in the hallway. When you came up to me with a piece of paper, the first thing that crosses my mind isn't "holy shit, she boutta report some KEY INFORMATION". It's "why is a mime writing on paper". Yes. You can mime lawyer = criminal. It's really easy. That's your job. You do pantomiming. Don't pick Mime if you're not going to do mime things.

The whole arrest thing I was already cleared for. I got reports of you using finger guns like twice, the first one that I just waved you off for, and the second I tried to talk to you. You just stared, and walked off. I tried to stop you, you didn't stop, so you were disabled and placed under arrest.

I offered you to break vow so you could explain the mess, and that you'd have my protection from getting your ass valid for it. That way, I could avoid getting fingergunned and not cause more of a mess than literally 3/4s of a destroyed Brig without oxygen already was. I consulted with Sec about what I should do with you considering I found nothing, but literally at that moment the Det comes in with the Lawyer's PDA. It has incriminating messages from you, placing you as the Brig bomber and calling Sec retarded.

So you get dragged into Interrogation with the Lawyer, and Sec decides you're guilty as charged. I was literally about to release you until the Det came. That's in the logs, too. If you weren't a traitor, then your ass got framed and successfully at that.

The investigation was proper, if incorrect. I was cleared of that twice by Coconut before he suddenly asspulled the mime table and cock thing. That's really about it.

You can emote while cuffed, by the way. You can roleplay. If you don't want to break your vow, then do something. Don't stay silent and wait for an Admin to save you. Roleplay. If you can convince me to take off your handcuffs and that you're not guilty with roleplay, then I'd gladly help you get cleared of suspicion.

So, in the same vein. Don't Mime if you won't mime.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #537203

Tabling a mime because they don't play mime the way you want them too is in fact a dick move. I would have overlooked it and ruled it an IC issue on any other server, but you're expected not to be tabling them for that on Manuel.
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I will kill you if you write on that. " Doesn't exactly help there either.
In my view its just a form of tiding where you shove or table people over very minor things, and that's not something that should be happening on Manuel.
While we allow you some wiggle room while doing your job that doesn't include threatening to kill mimes for writing on paper, then tabling them when they do.

As for, Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Suck my fucking big Security cock. "
I included that as an example of the things you were saying throughout the round which lend themselves more to a low RP environment rather than one of medium RP.
More examples are,
[2020-01-24 00:26:48.204] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "REEEEEEEE" (Security Office (183, 117, 2))
[2020-01-24 00:42:30.095] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "DAB."
(Genetics Lab (95, 132, 2)) [2020-01-24 00:37:56.370] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "Dab."
I'm not saying I'm going to straight up ban people for daring to say the word, "DAB" as that would pretty dumb in my opinion. But when you're consistently saying things like this throughout the shift it tends to lower the experience for everyone.
If I'm being arrested by a security officer I would be very confused as to why they are screaming "DAB" at me as an example. I'll edit the note to make it clear that was unrelated to the tabling of the mime, I apologize as it wasn't my intention to link the two as being part of the same encounter. Could have worded it better.

To touch on the situation with the mime, a comms agent masqueraded as them using the messaging system, so while the mime was indeed innocent of a crime there was definitely enough going on there for you to be highly suspect of them. I was initially confused about this as how PDA logs don't show who the comms agent is acting as, so I was very confused where you got this PDA information seeing as how I could not find any PDA messages from the mime.

Finally, I did in fact listen to what you had to say.
[2020-01-24 01:32:39.839] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coconutwarrior97/(Landon Adams)->InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.): You have a fair point but I still think you're pushing things. Ill get some input from other admins and get back to you.
I just concluded you were wrong.

As it stands I'm going to deny this appeal but Ill keep it open in case theres anything more you'd like to say/discuss.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #537206

Slum Lord wrote:t. plays mime for black and white skirt

Did I expect the Mime to mime? Yes, I expected the Mime to mime. The sheer minor-ness of being tabled for not miming out your actions is just the pettiest shit possible to ever get held accountable. It's just a regular SS13 interaction.
It's a roleplay server, don't table people and spit out death threats for no reason, especially as a sec officer.

3. Chain of command and security are important.
The head of your department is your boss and they can fire you; security officers can arrest you for stealing or breaking into places. The preference would be that unless they're doing something unreasonable, such as spacing you for spraying graffiti on the walls, you shouldn't freak out over being punished for doing something that would get you fired or arrested in real life. This also means that if you're in the chain of command, and especially if you're in Security, you're expected to put in some effort and do your job.
Slum Lord wrote:Read the logs. When you came up to me, we had no major threats at the time. I had already stopped you two from fighting in the hallway.
There was no fight, I was just evading them shoving the shit out of me.
Slum Lord wrote:When you came up to me with a piece of paper, the first thing that crosses my mind isn't "holy shit, she boutta report some KEY INFORMATION". It's "why is a mime writing on paper". Yes. You can mime lawyer = criminal. It's really easy. That's your job. You do pantomiming. Don't pick Mime if you're not going to do mime things.
My first thought when a crime was being reported was not to pay attention to said crime but to get the gears turning in my head on how I can justify tableslamming a mime for a who gives a shit reason.
-_-
Slum Lord wrote:The whole arrest thing I was already cleared for. I got reports of you using finger guns like twice, the first one that I just waved you off for, and the second I tried to talk to you. You just stared, and walked off. I tried to stop you, you didn't stop, so you were disabled and placed under arrest.

I offered you to break vow so you could explain the mess, and that you'd have my protection from getting your ass valid for it. That way, I could avoid getting fingergunned and not cause more of a mess than literally 3/4s of a destroyed Brig without oxygen already was. I consulted with Sec about what I should do with you considering I found nothing, but literally at that moment the Det comes in with the Lawyer's PDA. It has incriminating messages from you, placing you as the Brig bomber and calling Sec retarded.

So you get dragged into Interrogation with the Lawyer, and Sec decides you're guilty as charged. I was literally about to release you until the Det came. That's in the logs, too. If you weren't a traitor, then your ass got framed and successfully at that.

The investigation was proper, if incorrect. I was cleared of that twice by Coconut before he suddenly asspulled the mime table and cock thing. That's really about it.

You can emote while cuffed, by the way. You can roleplay. If you don't want to break your vow, then do something. Don't stay silent and wait for an Admin to save you. Roleplay. If you can convince me to take off your handcuffs and that you're not guilty with roleplay, then I'd gladly help you get cleared of suspicion.

So, in the same vein. Don't Mime if you won't mime.
After our first interaction I pretty quickly made the decision that roleplaying with you would be a waste of mental energy, and your course of actions in the brig and your words here have handily confirmed that for me.
I don't have to play the game to your imaginary and retarded standard of what mimes should and should not do. On the other hand, how about playing sec as a helpful crime solver that doesn't scream REEE and dab and table crewmembers for no reason?
Finger guns are borderline useless and I'm not sure I've ever seen them even put somebody into crit, meanwhile you were sitting there with an egun, a baton, and a flashbang all at your disposal.
The mime PDA, by the way, is literally incapable of sending regular messages, it can only send emotes. Excellent investigation skills there from somebody who apparently considers themself the Mime RP Enforcement Czar.
Slum Lord

Post by Slum Lord » #537207

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Tabling a mime because they don't play mime the way you want them too is in fact a dick move. I would have overlooked it and ruled it an IC issue on any other server, but you're expected not to be tabling them for that on Manuel.
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I will kill you if you write on that. " Doesn't exactly help there either.
In my view its just a form of tiding where you shove or table people over very minor things, and that's not something that should be happening on Manuel.
While we allow you some wiggle room while doing your job that doesn't include threatening to kill mimes for writing on paper, then tabling them when they do.

As for, Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Suck my fucking big Security cock. "
I included that as an example of the things you were saying throughout the round which lend themselves more to a low RP environment rather than one of medium RP.
More examples are,
[2020-01-24 00:26:48.204] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "REEEEEEEE" (Security Office (183, 117, 2))
[2020-01-24 00:42:30.095] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "DAB."
(Genetics Lab (95, 132, 2)) [2020-01-24 00:37:56.370] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "Dab."
I'm not saying I'm going to straight up ban people for daring to say the word, "DAB" as that would pretty dumb in my opinion. But when you're consistently saying things like this throughout the shift it tends to lower the experience for everyone.
If I'm being arrested by a security officer I would be very confused as to why they are screaming "DAB" at me as an example. I'll edit the note to make it clear that was unrelated to the tabling of the mime, I apologize as it wasn't my intention to link the two as being part of the same encounter. Could have worded it better.

To touch on the situation with the mime, a comms agent masqueraded as them using the messaging system, so while the mime was indeed innocent of a crime there was definitely enough going on there for you to be highly suspect of them. I was initially confused about this as how PDA logs don't show who the comms agent is acting as, so I was very confused where you got this PDA information seeing as how I could not find any PDA messages from the mime.

Finally, I did in fact listen to what you had to say.
[2020-01-24 01:32:39.839] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coconutwarrior97/(Landon Adams)->InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.): You have a fair point but I still think you're pushing things. Ill get some input from other admins and get back to you.
I just concluded you were wrong.

As it stands I'm going to deny this appeal but Ill keep it open in case theres anything more you'd like to say/discuss.
Waiting for a mod to approve my replies is nice.

Let me put it simply, because neither the Trial Admin in Discord nor you can clearly answer my only and biggest question that you also failed to answer during the round itself.

What the fuck is MRP to you people?

You keep pulling the 'yeah, but this is MRP' and you give me absolutely no definition of what it means. I've already put forth the basic consensus of what MRP is supposed to be and you just keep saying 'yeah, but higher standards of roleplaying'. It's SS13. It's /tg/. It's a silly game. You can roleplay in it, and that's what I do. Why do I net a ban for tabling a Mime and saying retarded shit I never act on?

I explicitly said 'Okay, time to kill the Lawyer'. Did I kill the Lawyer? Not at all. Did I hurt the Lawyer? I cuffed them and escorted them to the Brig with no violent incidents. How is that anything but a joke? Why can't I be a sarcastic asshole so long as I don't break any rules? How do I fail to meet these divine higher standards of roleplaying? 'REEE' AND 'DAB' are questionable as fuck, sure. One was said during the literal roundstart when a fellow Officer stole the large armor vest I always wear every shift, and the other was said when I absolutely gigadestroyed a filthy dishonorable Mime in honorable lucha libre. Both little jokes. Little memes, even. Everyone does that. We're not a Hardcore Roleplay server. 90% of Manuel's playerbase came from Bagil and everyone's still getting used to the whole roleplay part of the server, and this shit happens every single round. If you're going to pick me apart from the rest of the crowd for doing a little meme quip and ban me for it, that's a dick move.

Did you see me shove people around all the round as Security Officer? No, you saw me do it once and the rest of the shift I was off enforcing Space Law. Did I kill the Mime for writing on paper? Not at all, and I even tried to find a way to make them cooperate with me in the Brig when they were arrested. Did you see me scream 'DAB' at every single person I arrested that round or rounds before? No. I don't mean to go full 'yeah but this guy did it too', but literally one line above me the same Lawyer gets called a nigger but me saying 'suck my cock' in response to the threat is somehow absolute blasphemy. Everyone swears all the time. This is a normal daily thing.

I do not understand at all what your reason for banning me is. You nitpicked two single lines from an entire round I played and banned me for it after clearing me for doing a fair investigation.
Coconutwarrior97 wrote:I'm not saying I'm going to straight up ban people for daring to say the word, "DAB" as that would pretty dumb in my opinion. But when you're consistently saying things like this throughout the shift it tends to lower the experience for everyone.
If you're going to post my wrongdoing lines, then post the full context. Like I said, the REEE was literally at roundstart while I was gearing up as fast as I could. The first 'Dab' was when I slipped the Lawyer with a banana peel when he was harassing the Mime in the hallways. The second 'DAB' when was the Mime got warned they'd get suplexed if they didn't mime out what they had to say. There's plenty more examples of me just doing silly jokes instead of shitting up the station with high impact Sectiding.
Spoiler:
Bobman Bobberton Jr. asks, " A GIRL SECURITY? "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " UNBELIEVABLE. "

This is Sukie Brown !
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " WHAT YOU LOOKIN' AT. "

[Security] Ivan Burov asks, " Fight to the death? "
[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Hell yeah. "

You put the banana peel into the security backpack.
Percy Simple nods.
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Dab. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Don't fight, that's all. "

[Common] Honk Man says, " SOME MEANIE STOLE MY MEGAPHONE "
[Common] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " You deserve it. "

Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " EAT SHIT "
You put the banana peel into the security backpack.
[Common] Honk Man yells, " HONK YOU!! "
[Common] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " HEH-HEH. "

You shove Honk Man!
Honk Man claps.
Bobman Bobberton Jr. claps.

[Security] Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I don't know man, I just want to beat someone up. "
[Security] Harley Langston flutters, " I mean, I could go for a fist fight "

Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I can cut you a deal. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " If you speak to explain, I won't kill you. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. asks, " How's that SOUND? "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. asks, " Get it? "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " Sound. "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " You don't make noise. "

Lina Hynes says, " I see "
Bobman Bobberton Jr. says, " I'm a crayon-eating retard, you should know this already. "
Lina Hynes says, " Well "
Percy Simple gasps!
Lina Hynes exclaims, " I DIDN'T THINK YOUR RESUME WAS THAT ACCURATE! "
There's plenty of examples every round where I'm harmlessly joking about to pass the time. Sure, I'm not telling knock-knock jokes. It's just sarcastic asshole shenanigans. Classic Bobman. Roleplaying a sarcastic asshole is still roleplay. And no, it doesn't break the 'Don't be a dick' rule. It's just roleplay.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #537210

MRP is new to TG so beyond the rules that have already been laid out it is being defined it through policy and enforcement. Im not going to sit down and write a massive essay on exactly what MRP is and isn't. Thats honestly just an invitation for people to try to rules lawyer it and I don't want to waste my time on that.

I will restate what I said before in regards to what you were saying in round, "But when you're consistently saying things like this throughout the shift it tends to lower the experience for everyone."
Heres two more examples for you,
[2020-01-24 00:25:46.241] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "BRUH." (Security Office (180, 114, 2))
[2020-01-24 00:30:46.405] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "Bruh." (Port Quarter Maintenance (135, 95, 2))
Youre joking around with what you said, sure, just keep it to the lower RP servers.

I would also like to state this ban was influenced by a note you had already for manuel,
"Got into it with someone on Manuel after shoving them into lockers, trying to shave someone's head, making an ass of himself as an assistant. Ended up shotgunning them to death in self defense. Seems like poor escalation."
In a vaccum, I would have just left you with a note and told you to be more aware of these actions in the future.

Tabling a mime for choosing to write on a paper, regardless of any background for your character, is being a dick. Under Rule 1, "Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’."
While this is obviously a VERY different situation than random murder, the principle remains for Manuel that you cannot use your character's supposed background or personality to justify tabling a mime for writing on paper.

Consistently saying things like "DAB" and " Suck my fucking big Security cock. " lowers the bar of roleplay for everyone. Tabling the mime for writing on paper, regardless of character background/personality, is being a dick on Manuel. Those reasons and the note are why I banned you.
Slum Lord

Post by Slum Lord » #537219

Thanks modbro for putting up with my shit. You're the realest bro.
Coconutwarrior97 wrote:MRP is new to TG so beyond the rules that have already been laid out we defining it through policy and enforcement. Im not going to sit down and write a massive essay on exactly what MRP is and isn't. Thats honestly just an invitation for people to try to rules lawyer it and I don't want to waste my time on that.

I will restate what I said before in regards to what you were saying in round, "But when you're consistently saying things like this throughout the shift it tends to lower the experience for everyone."
[2020-01-24 00:25:46.241] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "BRUH." (Security Office (180, 114, 2))
[2020-01-24 00:30:46.405] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Bobman Bobberton Jr.) "Bruh." (Port Quarter Maintenance (135, 95, 2))
Youre joking around with what you said, sure, just keep it to the lower RP servers.

I would also like to state this ban was influenced by a note you had already for manuel,
"Got into it with someone on Manuel after shoving them into lockers, trying to shave someone's head, making an ass of himself as an assistant. Ended up shotgunning them to death in self defense. Seems like poor escalation."
In a vaccum, I would have just left you with a note and told you to be more aware of these actions in the future.

Tabling a mime for choosing to write on a paper, regardless of any background for your character, is being a dick. Under Rule 1, "Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’."
While this is obviously a VERY different situation than random murder, the principle remains for Manuel that you cannot use your character's supposed background or personality to justify tabling a mime for writing on paper.

Consistently saying things like "DAB" and " Suck my fucking big Security cock. " lowers the bar of roleplay for everyone. Tabling the mime for writing on paper, regardless of character background/personality, is being a dick on Manuel. Those reasons and the note are why I banned you.
"MRP is new to /tg/, but I'm not going to explain what it is whatsoever and ban you for it anyway."

What sort of discussion even is this if you're not going to explain what MRP is? You banned me over a set of rules you apparently don't have. You're legitimately nitpicking my shit and banning me because you want to. There's a really, really big amount of people who ruthlessly greytide and I keep seeing them round after round, completely untouched for anything they're doing, but you ban me for saying little meme quips. I have literally been saying Bruh forever in Manuel, and never have I been bwoinked for it. You never even brought it up once during the bwoink. I say it every round, and no one ever has had a problem with it.

All you're doing here is just constantly reiterating the same thing I've already addressed. You're not discussing anything here. You're doubling down on banning me for a literal sentence that no one ever complained about. You don't ban people for saying nigger, ligger or faggot. I can say suck my cock in-character because, believe it or not, it's something that happens in real life. It's a real human-to-human interaction. And so far as I'm concerned, it's roleplay.

All you've done this entire appeal is "I can't define MRP" and "But you said this no-no word twice in a 1h30m round". It's not doing anything but make it seem like a nitpick.

Also, holy shit. I just realized the Mime is Kat Green's player. Am I getting metagrudged or some shit? I blasted them with an improv shotgun as Assistant in one of my first Manuel rounds, I think. They pulled out a Welding Tool in a fist fight after they initiated it by shoving me and stealing my razor, yeah. So, that earned them a blasting and stomping. If you're trying to get Sec to free you, ignoring me (the literal officer handling your case) because I killed you ages ago is not going to work out for you.

So, is the ban based on the fact that I tabled the same player I killed like, well over a week ago? A table. You know, it does a little damage and nothing else. Didn't end anybody's round. Didn't have literally any impact on the round at all whatsoever.

Once again, you post more lines without context. The first BRUH was literally at roundstart. It was part of thr GIRL SECURITY joke thing. The second bruh was when my HoS, who just executed the Mime and Lawyer literally fucking chucked the dead Lawyer down Disposals instead of finding a secure location to store the body. It was literally, by definition, a major bruh moment. Considering there's now a tator that can be cloned by Medical or other tators and ruin out perfect peace again.

You're just nitpicking at this point. You ignore all the RP I do and is evident in the logs. I'm almost positive you're just skimming through what I'm saying and not caring about any of it. You keep posting quotes without posting the context they were said in because the context justifies them being said. Sure, I'd be awful if I was just running around spamming BRUH and DAB all the fucking time. But I said them twice each in the round, you never brought it up, and you're saying you banned me for this.

You banned me for tabling a mime who doesn't mime and saying cock.

Don't double down on this retarded shit and start actually making your case. If you want to discuss, you don't get to pull the 'I closed the ticket/locked this thread because I'm right'.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #537222

If you link your BYOND account then moderators won't have to approve your posts
Slum Lord

Post by Slum Lord » #537223

Lazengann wrote:If you link your BYOND account then moderators won't have to approve your posts
Thanks. My brain is too smooth to realize I had to link it.

Back on topic, though. I have to retype the whole thing off memory, so instead of doing that, I'll just make a final post summarizing this entire fiasco.
Coconutwarrior97 wrote:MRP is new to TG so beyond the rules that have already been laid out it is being defined it through policy and enforcement. Im not going to sit down and write a massive essay on exactly what MRP is and isn't. Thats honestly just an invitation for people to try to rules lawyer it and I don't want to waste my time on that.

At this point, it's clear that you don't care to discuss anything with me in this entire thread. All you've really done is literally just repeat what you said in your last post. I've asked you to define the very thing you banned me for and you refuse to because you don't have anything. You banned me because I'm not MRP enough, but 'we just stole MRP from Goon and we don't know what we're doing!'. All I've asked you is to define the very principle you banned me on, and you just don't want to.

It's clear that you don't care one bit for any of this. The only reason you came to this thread is to double down on your ban and not give a shit about anything else. I'm pretty sure you barely even read any of what I said considering you're not even replying to any of it and just keep going off like a scratched record. I told you specifically to stop citing single lines and post the whole thing like the rules ask of me to do. Context matters, and it matters that you respect it too. Just posting single lines of me saying 'BRUH' or 'DAB' and pretending like all I'm doing is running up to every fucking Assistant I see and going 'BRO LOL CRINGE SOYJAK' every single time is an outright fucking lie by omission. Yes, I said 'BRUH'. I said it a roundstart as a follow up to the whole 'IS THAT A GIRL SECURITY' joke. I said it when the catbeast that I tabled moments later hugged me out of nowhere. I also said it when the HoS went ahead and chucked the fucking body of the Lawyer traitor down Disposals instead of placing them somewhere secure where Medical or some other random traitor can't clone them.

The fact that I said the word doesn't make it all RULE-BREAKING AND THE END OF THE WORLD. You're nitpicking the shit out of this. You're singling me out for single goddamn words that I say as a joke and banning me for them. You absolutely don't give a shit about the fairness of it. I have had some excellent goddamn rounds with some people that just turned into a full-fledged emotefest and that shit was fun. But those don't happen every single moment in Manuel with all the other endless counts of greytiding that do. Jokes are jokes. I don't actively go out of my way to "lower the RP experience" that is yet undefined since you don't want to say what MRP or 'higher standards of roleplaying' even is.

Mate, you say you don't want to define MRP so you don't get rule lawyered, and you keep citing the 'Don't be a dick' rule. You're fucking lawyering me over this shit when I didn't even break it. That rule applies to /tg/ servers in general. I didn't fucking end anyone's round, I didn't go out of my way to ruin someone's round or hinder them at all. I just did my job as I'm supposed to and roleplayed my way through it as I've done every single round.

You're pulling all this shit out of your ass just now. You're saying you banned me over a note I had with the metagrudging catbeast who tells me they won't RP with me because they're salty at me. You don't take into account all the roleplay I do, and completely ignore the fact that I investigated the case I had during that round as I should have. You completely ignore the actual roleplay and do in favor of picking out literal single lines out of context and banning me for it.

I don't know what else to say if you're not going to bother to discuss, man. Get your shit together and stop tripling down on this shit.
Spoiler:
Absolute bruh moment.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #537234

You don't take into account all the roleplay I do, and completely ignore the fact that I investigated the case I had during that round as I should have.
I took no action against you in regards to the investigation because it seemed perfectly fine with me, that is correct. I can play a round without murdering anyone but still if I murder someone at the end for no reason I cannot then turn around and say, "But the rest of the round I wasn't murdering people."
Same principle applies here save with roleplay.

I took issue with the tabling of the mime and your language throughout the round. I do not really care if its after the jokes you were doing like saying "Dab" after slipping the lawyer, saying it consistently is the issue.
Seeing an officer saying "Bruh" and "Dab" after taking actions or at the end of jokes still lowers the bar. It would be very strange to get detained by an officer and have them say "DAB" at me. Immersion is an important aspect of roleplay, and I think that this detracts from that.
Mate, you say you don't want to define MRP so you don't get rule lawyered, and you keep citing the 'Don't be a dick' rule. You're fucking lawyering me over this shit when I didn't even break it. That rule applies to /tg/ servers in general.
You're correct, I'm not wasting my time defining all of MRP. I'm telling you in this specific instance based on what I have mentioned you have broken the rules of Manuel. This includes the "Don't be a dick" rule. If this were a regular TG server you tabling a mime for this reason would
be a bit dickish move but not rule breaking. Here, on Manuel, where a mime likely just wants to write things to people and interact with others, you threaten to kill them if they write. Then table them when they do. That is being a dick, and similarly to the above, detracts from the experience.

I believe this is a good ban, and I am not lifting it. I don't think anything else productive will come from this discussion so I will be locking the thread.

As always, headmins may overrule.